A date for your diary.

TheCat

Geocache2004 on 28-08-2004 to 29-08-2004

Following on from the success of the HCC event last year. I have been working with Leicestershire County Council to arrange a venue for a 2 day event over the August Bank Holiday 2004. Following several visits to Leicestershire, I am pleased to announce that all the permissions have now been obtained and the event will be held at Beacon Hill Country Park in Leicestershire, on the Saturday & Sunday of that weekend. I would like this event to be organized by a group of cachers for cachers and those new to the sport as a fun weekend. As this event has the potential to be the biggest geocaching event outside the USA. I do not want the event to be branded by any organization. All will be welcome and encouraged to take part. We are setting up a seperate web site for this event and full details will be provided ASAP. Loads more information will be available on the new site as soon as it is setup.

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com

Ok an update for you. If you would like to look at the venue just click on this link http://www.leics.gov.uk/community_services/sustainable_development/country_parks/beacon/index.htm Also if you would like to register on the forums on the new site go here http://leicscaching.org.uk/forum/ There are some cachers that are and have been working in the background to get this event going. If you wish to be involved in working on this event please register on the forums on the new site. All discussion and planning will be done on this new site.

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com

icon_smile.gif

So the secret is out. Well done Mark and whoever else is involved. Date noted immediately. Will be very sad if I can't be there and able to help. Mott the Hoople, now revived and renamed, was the first cache I found way back in May 2001 when unknown to me the Park was closed because of foot and mouth , I had gone in from land which was open to the public without realizing I had crossed a boundary! At that time it was the nearest to home (100 miles) and only 37 in the country.

Happy to be member of GAGB and user of GeocacheUK

Just to keep you all upto date Teasel, Pharasee and myself had a site meeting with the Rangers from Beacon Hill Country Park today. We discussed loads of things about the event and what might be happening there. We plan to have another meeting in about a months time. One thing that was decided was that the event will now take place on the Sunday/Monday of the August Bank Holiday.. For more information please go to http://leicscaching.org.uk/forum/

Please remember we need your input for this event as it will be an event for all.

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com

Just for the record the new dates for this event are 29/08/2004 - 30/08/2004 the Sunday and Monday of the August Bank Holiday. Please note there will be loads to do on the Saturday as well setting up etc. Also we do have permission for camping at the event fo those helping out. Also a few other things that will be available on the weekend non caching related. A Beer Tent, A Kids Fun Fair, A Beer Tent, Catering Oh and a Beer Tent.

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com