Wheel of Challenges July

2 hours ago, Alma Aurea said:

Has anybody received a souvenir yet? I currently have a 2 day streak and just checked to see if i have the 'easy' souvenir, but nothing. It'll be hard enough for me to achieve even the 'medium' challenge souvenir this month without the whole thing being glitchy! :(

Hi! Tayberd got given the A.P.E one. I've just completed day 3, and still no 2 day streak souvenir.  But they won't be getting into Seattle HQ, until maybe around 5pm our time, so hopefully it'll be fixed during tonight!

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, PYC said:

3rd day of streak and no souvenir yet. Where is geocaching putting updates for this problem? Have they acknowledged it anywhere?

There is a "Bug reports and feature discussions" here on the forums. The issue has been reported. Since July 4th was the first day anyone could have qualified for the souvenir, Goundspeak employees were most likely not in the office (Independence Day in the U.S.). At the time I'm writing this reply, it's 7:48am in Seattle. They're probably not at work, so no one has had an opportunity to address the issue yet.

Edited by Vicious Cycle
  • Helpful 2
On 7/4/2023 at 12:48 AM, funkymunkyzone said:

Completed a 2 day streak so far - one cache find and one ad lab - but no souvenir received.

I can't tell from the description of this month's streak challenge - maybe ad labs don't count this month?

Anyone else having an issue?

Same, with me, did 3 days streak with normal caches - no souvenir ... 

On 7/3/2023 at 6:48 PM, funkymunkyzone said:

Completed a 2 day streak so far - one cache find and one ad lab - but no souvenir received.

I can't tell from the description of this month's streak challenge - maybe ad labs don't count this month?

Anyone else having an issue?

Yes.  Physical caches logged 3rd, 4th, 5th.

Edited by GoGayleGo

Here in New Zealand I’ve found traditionals on the 3rd, 4th and 5th, and about to go out and get another this morning (6th July), and no souvenir yet. 😒 This is disappointing.

I do like the reference above, “I can see the hamsters chortling in the balcony seats saying, "Let's see how high they'll go when we say, 'Jump" "

Keep on, keeping on, Phronimos

• Funny 1
17 minutes ago, Phronimos said:

Why would that not be published here. Not all of us use Twitter... well I don’t. How many Apps do we need to play this game?

Exactly, they could use their own platform, ie here, they could also use their facebook account. 

Numerous ways to reassure us that it's going to be put right. Or, are we just caching out our nearest caches once again, and wasting them, from a challenge point of view? 

If they can't put it right, I would rather know, and not cache now, until next months challenge!

Hi, my name is Nathaniel Lee.  The same thing has happened to me.  I am currently on a 3-day cache streak here in and around Scotts Valley, CA and still have not even gotten the easy July 2023 challenge souvenir.  I hope HQ gets this issue fixed soon.  How did some of you get the A.P.E. Souvenir?  Was it random?  I have reach out to Groundspeak about this by email.  Hopefully, they reply soon.

Exactly, they could use their own platform, ie here, they could also use their facebook account. 

Don’t use Facebook either. 

As I said, “How many Apps do we need to play this game?”

Just a game... challenging at times!, but just a game.

• Upvote 1

4 day streak now but nothing. Was hoping they'd fix it once back in the office on the 5th, but maybe they're on a longer holiday.

For most of the seasoned cachers, who know this happens from time to time, we would know this will get sorted, and of course there will be a lot of cachers who dont care at all. But it must be a bit disheartening for less experienced cachers, who might just think they've done something wrong and don't understand how the game works, if they've seen this promo and it has encouraged them to get out caching. My impression is that they are the target market in which case this is quite the fail.

Anyway, maybe tomorrow it will be fixed. Hopefully not too long or there might be a bunch of people who would have been keen but who give up and make it impossible to even try for the hard souvenir.

Edited by funkymunkyzone

A fix will count all activity you've done during the challenge period, so no one need worry.  As long as everyone gets in the end what they earned, there shouldn't be much complaint.

I geocache, so of course I find something every day.  I get to ignore this and every other challenge.  Really, though, I'd like a challenge that takes into account one's average activity level, minus outliers.

There were some issues with the Wheel of Challenges souvenirs that prevented it from being awarded to players. We've been investigating the issue and it looks like we found what the problem is. We are working on a fix and hope to have it out soon so that souvenirs will be properly awarded. Once we have that fixed, we'll work on retroactively awarding souvenirs to players that should have already received them and removing any souvenirs that were erroneously awarded due to the issue.  Thank you for your patience as we work on this!

• Upvote 4
  • Helpful 1
29 minutes ago, gminer1105 said:

There were some issues with the Wheel of Challenges souvenirs that prevented it from being awarded to players. We've been investigating the issue and it looks like we found what the problem is. We are working on a fix and hope to have it out soon so that souvenirs will be properly awarded. Once we have that fixed, we'll work on retroactively awarding souvenirs to players that should have already received them and removing any souvenirs that were erroneously awarded due to the issue.  Thank you for your patience as we work on this!

Can you please confirm since is not clear in the blog post, do adventure lab finds count for the July streak promo?

Edit: yes, they count!

Edited by Max and 99

Can you please confirm since is not clear in the blog post, do adventure lab finds count for the July streak promo?

https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2023/03/introducing-wheel-of-challenges/

Adventure Lab® app: The challenge and your souvenirs are not accessible in the Adventure Lab app at this time, however finding Adventure Locations will count toward earning souvenirs for the campaign.

• Upvote 1

The issue with the souvenirs not correctly awarding for Wheel of Challenges: Streak Star has been resolved. We will retroactively award souvenirs to players who should have received them and hope to release this fix soon. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on this.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3
  • Love 2

So I’ve geocached 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and today, the 7th (and I’ve found seven caches today, and it was acquired logging the last one).

I geocache in New Zealand. We’re ahead of the rest of the world, time-date wise.

After my five day streak, I received the ‘Easy’ souvenir today...

Acquired on the 8th July!

I would point out that nowhere in the world is it the 8th July yet. And by tomorrow my Streak will be at six days.

So it’s fixed is it?

15C0277B-4E4D-4F66-89B3-E5191333D6D3.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 2

We will know whether the issue has really been fixed after/on day 7 of the streak (i.e. on Sunday).

I guess that the "acquired date" is the date when the algorithm noticed it was time to hand the souvenir over, not the date when you fulfilled the requirements. This has already been seen with regional souvenirs...

Edited by LySt
  • Upvote 3
  • Helpful 2

I started my streak today, with a find on a new cache 15km north of here that was published a few days ago. Tomorrow, if the gale force wind of the last few days abates tonight as forecast, I'll be heading 200km north-west to attempt a friend's T4 cache, then on Tuesday a trip south on two ferries and two buses to try to redeem a month-old DNF after getting a tip-off from the FTF. Beyond that, a few train trips to Newcastle and Sydney will probably be the easiest (and cheapest!) way to get to the medium level, if it hasn't turned into too much of a grind by then. I'll be curious to see what date stamps any souvenirs I get have.

On 7/7/2023 at 9:51 AM, LySt said:

We will know whether the issue has really been fixed after/on day 7 of the streak (i.e. on Sunday).

And there it is - the "medium" souvenir ;-) after finishing yet another LC stage. Now the hard part starts...

• Upvote 1
On 7/9/2023 at 12:01 PM, barefootjeff said:

I'll be curious to see what date stamps any souvenirs I get have.

Well I got the easy-level souvenir after spending the day doing the terrain 4 cache at Giants Leap (GCA8WQY). On the website and in the list of souvenirs in the app, it shows the correct date as the 10th but when I open it in the app, it reckons I got it tomorrow.

Screenshot_20230710_190433_Geocaching.jpg.03eaefe9069a405daac83986561001e3.jpg

• Funny 2
On 7/18/2023 at 1:56 AM, thebruce0 said:

Camping for 3 days this week; no caches in the vicinity; smack in the middle of the window; sad face...

Self imposed and obviously lack of commitment.  See this for appropriate level of commitment:

On 7/17/2023 at 8:48 AM, Harry Dolphin said:

Day 14.  Heavy rain storm warning.  Flash flood warning.  Tornado warning.  But we got the cache today!  P&G.

:D

• Funny 3