Wheel of Challenges July

13 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

The date-stamping of ALs has always been wonky in parts of the site, either a day ahead or a day behind depending on where you live. You probably found it tomorrow.

Yeah I was worried about that last month with the logging on 20 individual days, but it seemed to all work perfectly.

If it doesn't work this month though, that's going to entirely mess with the whole streak challenge - I have found and logged on 2 consecutive days but it doesn't recognise it... :/

• Upvote 2

Out working on the first day of the challenge, with Finley Dolphin.  We went to a park with a number of new caches.  Got our FTFs on our first hunt.  Bushwhacked to the next nearby cache.  Heard a voice behind us.  "Are you geocaching?"  "Yes."  Chatted as we went on.  We all got a FTF on that cache.  Young kid...  He is almost 60 years younger than me!  EEK!  We went home.  He continued on to the other new caches.

• Funny 2

Same for me in Aotearoa, but with 2 physicals.  Despite my Stats page claiming 'Statistics last generated a few seconds ago.', my Current Streak still has yesterday's date.

No souvenir yet either.  I logged them through the website after creating drafts in Cachly.

It's a tedious challenge, there's no official checker, and now the souvenir and stats page are faulty.

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, barefootguru said:

It's a tedious challenge, there's no official checker, and now the souvenir and stats page are faulty.

It seems that way.... and my wife has already given me a dagger eye when I mentioned we'd be streaking this month! We might have to settle for the 10 day..... 

• Upvote 1

I'm in the UK. Found 6 yesterday, 3rd, around 8pm UTC (9pm BST).   Have logged 2 finds today, just after 12 noon UTC, (1pm BST) so, now into 4th.   No souvenir for me either. Maybe Seattle isn't working as it's July 4th?  But I shall be annoyed if it doesn't credit the souvenir!  Used precious local geocaches for the start of this streak!

• Upvote 3

Same for me and a friend in Sweden... Anybody at HQ that can confirm that it's not working and that you are working on the issue? It would be really stupid if it's all based on Seattle time and not actual LOCAL time and dates when logging the caches for the challenges, weather it's physical or labs!

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, ilTozzo said:

Same here. Two Adventure Lab logs, one yesterday and one today. They are registered with the correct dates on the site, and in the statistics section a two-day streak starting yesterday is correctly registered. Still, no souvenir :(

Confusing information is posted on the app regarding the July promotion. We are told we can track our streak for this promo on the app, and like others have mentioned mine says I have a two-day streak and that I have found two geocaches this month.  But when I click on statistics I get this 2nd message which indicates to me that adventure labs are not counted and go find a geocache. Probably I'm reading more into the message than they meant. 

Screenshot_20230704-072437.thumb.png.ce568b482ed916404d323fdd05d3c547.png

And...

Screenshot_20230704-072421.thumb.png.19493ace067a7b16f4f92123ab2c3242.png

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1

Fourth Challenge : Streak Star - does that count adventure labs? I am supposed to get today 2 days streak souvenir Day1= 1x traditional cache, Day2=5x adventure lab locations , but I have not got the souvenir, so most likely adventure labs not on?

• Upvote 1

It's the 3rd and the 4th for the streak, so it's the first day of possibly earning the streak, and it depends on whether they made it logs only or included ALs, and the 4th is a holiday in the US.

So...

Patience. :)

But, this is a good example of why more complexity in a hobby introduces more margin for error and bugs. If geocaching were still just finding containers, signing logs, and posting records online, it'd be soooo much simpler :laughing:

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, thebruce0 said:

But, this is a good example of why more complexity in a hobby introduces more margin for error and bugs. If geocaching were still just finding containers, signing logs, and posting records online, it'd be soooo much simpler :laughing:

I agree that adding functions and expanding the game opens up for more potential incidents.

However adding content and function to a game in order to keep it interesting for veteran players and attracting new audiences I would see as a positive.

There is obviously a substantial interest in challenges, souvenirs and making various goals tied to the statistics.

I am however slightly peeved about the quality of some of these new features and events. They seem to often lead to a bunch of questions and, in my opinion, half-hearted implementations.

• Upvote 1

I found a cache yesterday July 3rd. Attended an event on July 4th. No souvenir.

Both my rules apply to this.

1) set your expectations low and you will never be disappointed ☹️

2) only worry about the things you can control 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, TheDoctor12 said:

Well I seemed to get a souvenir today after logging finds on 2 successive days - the Project APE one! I guess HQ will fix this tomorrow ...

Same happened to me in Moldova, where I spend part of my vacations right now. I never thought I would receive that souvenir. WooooHooo!!! I will celebrate the short time it will show up in my souvenirs list. :D

Just for the records: I found one traditional yesterday and Earthcache, Virtual and Multi today.

Edited by PISA-caching
  • Surprised 1
30 minutes ago, TheDoctor12 said:

Well I seemed to get a souvenir today after logging finds on 2 successive days - the Project APE one! I guess HQ will fix this tomorrow ...

6 minutes ago, PISA-caching said:

Same happened to me in Moldova, where I spend part of my vacations right now. I never thought I would receive that souvenir. WooooHooo!!! I will celebrate the short time it will show up in my souvenirs list. :D

Ditto! Got the A.P.E. Cache souvenir after finding my second cache during the Streak Star challenge. 

• Surprised 1
Just now, Vicious Cycle said:

Ditto! Got the A.P.E. Cache souvenir after finding my second cache during the Streak Star challenge. 

Same here. Hope this gets fixed. I want to earn the APE souvenir when I earn it. Not because of a bug on their website.

• Surprised 1

We're bailing on the hard souvenir this month.... sitting down last night trying to plan out how we'd do it after our holiday, multiple after work drives to the same place for AL locs etc... . feels like a lot of work and pressure, became un-fun. We'll get the 10 day one without trying on holidays, that will do....

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1

I did a streak of 34 days once and found that it soon began to feel like work. I might try to finish the medium version here but I already know I've no interest in the the "Hard" version. Last month it was caching 20 days out of 28 available and got a bit tedious. Now, with 35 days available they switch it up to a 28 day streak. WUWT? I can see the hamsters chortling in the balcony seats saying, "Let's see how high they'll go when we say, 'Jump" "

The folks working on 366 day streaks, or lifetime streaks won't be bothered by or encouraged by this challenge. I'll be interested to learn the number of folks not previously mentioned who finish the Hard version here.

Cache on, it's all fun.

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 2

Has anybody received a souvenir yet? I currently have a 2 day streak and just checked to see if i have the 'easy' souvenir, but nothing. It'll be hard enough for me to achieve even the 'medium' challenge souvenir this month without the whole thing being glitchy! :(

• Upvote 2