Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

YMS #26 is going fast. The Geobabes and I came by at about 4:00 pm to get an original and a misprint each and we also grabbed a set for team Reid so that's four sets fewer. Didn't want Team Reid to miss out on the first distribution.

Remaining were six YMS #26 and no misprints. As usual most of today's grabs don't appear in the container logbook.

Introducing YMS #26 - Team Reid

034c14d7-f6ac-432d-aea9-7d6c867ac837.jpg

Thanks, Harmon, for the design work!

Doing the layout for YMS #26 was a real pleasure. Thanks for the opportunity FlagMan.

Everybody should notice the clever way that the Yrium and the FlagMan avatars are placed. That's FlagMan's idea.

Ain't that some pair of dames?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Doing the layout for YMS #26 was a real pleasure. Thanks for the opportunity FlagMan.

Everybody should notice the clever way that the Yrium and the FlagMan avatars are placed. That's FlagMan's idea.

Can't tell you how tickled we are to have our very own Yrium's Memorial Trading Card! :D Called up Mom as soon as I saw it, and I can't remember who cried first! How cool is that! Thanks to Harmon & Tom for the awesome layout. Boy howdy, if that isn't Team Reid - either in a Jeep or on a quad! Thanks again everyone, we feel very honored!

Robyn :P & Kathy :)

Can't tell you how tickled we are to have our very own Yrium's Memorial Trading Card! :D Called up Mom as soon as I saw it, and I can't remember who cried first! How cool is that! Thanks to Harmon & Tom for the awesome layout. Boy howdy, if that isn't Team Reid - either in a Jeep or on a quad! Thanks again everyone, we feel very honored!

Robyn :P & Kathy :)

Uh, so y' haven't seen th' misprint as yet huh?

In the meantime, everybody, take a look at this.

bad034c6-acd5-43ab-b5a1-978607ad436b.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

Robyn :P & Kathy :D

I just can't help myself when it come to puddles! "Hurry, Mom! Roll up the window!" was my favorite saying in Moab! Sure did have a blast - looking forward to going again soon.

Robyn :)

Robyn :D & Kathy :P

I just can't help myself when it come to puddles! "Hurry, Mom! Roll up the window!" was my favorite saying in Moab! Sure did have a blast - looking forward to going again soon.

Robyn :)

AWESOME You 2 deserve to be on the card with a jeep looking like that........muddy muddy.........holler when yall go to get the jeeps dirty again.

Stopped by Max's this morning in the unlikely event there was still a YMS #26. Nope. The only cards left are 2@ #25 and 3@ #25 misprints. Guess that's the expected consequence for being out of town when a new card is released. Will keep an eye out for additional distribution.

-Gecko Dad

More will be released shortly. They are printed, just need to be chopped and dipped...

Stopped by Max's this morning in the unlikely event there was still a YMS #26.  Nope.  The only cards left are 2@ #25 and 3@ #25 misprints.  Guess that's the expected consequence for being out of town when a new card is released.  Will keep an eye out for additional distribution.

-Gecko Dad

More will be released shortly. They are printed, just need to be chopped and dipped...

Sounds like guacamole if y' ask me. Anyway, go for it Don.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Stopped by Max's this morning in the unlikely event there was still a YMS #26.  Nope.  The only cards left are 2@ #25 and 3@ #25 misprints.  Guess that's the expected consequence for being out of town when a new card is released.  Will keep an eye out for additional distribution.

-Gecko Dad

Sounds like guacamole if y' ask me. Anyway, go for it Don.

either that or he took them to the vet for a shampoo, cut and flea dip!

Dropped 2x YMS #26 in Black Mountain Summit. Misprinter struck as well...

9:22 am.

Power hiked up Black Mountain for the last cache day of the year. Figured this was the best bet for finding YMS #26. I took one regular and one misprint. There are one regular and one misprint remaining. Thanks, Tom, for putting these in a location that involved a little more of a workout (a steep 20 minutes via west side pole line trail).

-GD

Great Card Flagman, Harmon and Trailgators!

I stopped by Max's to pick up a couple of cards. Thank God I wasn't alone. The cache location had changed since I was last there and probably would've stumped me. But Harmon came to my rescue. (Actually he was already there with the cache out.) I didn't even need to take out the GPS.

Loved the card and the misprint made me chuckle. Took 2 #27 and 1 misprint.

Thanks to Flagman, Harmon, and Trailgator for making the card. I'll show my students tomorrow. I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it.

Dave

I stopped by Max's to pick up a couple of cards. Thank God I wasn't alone. The cache location had changed since I was last there and probably would've stumped me. But Harmon came to my rescue. (Actually he was already there with the cache out.) I didn't even need to take out the GPS.

Loved the card and the misprint made me chuckle. Took 2 #27 and 1 misprint.

Thanks to Flagman, Harmon, and Trailgator for making the card. I'll show my students tomorrow. I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it.

Dave

How good was that, doing a layout for YMS #27 and then running into the actual honoree at Max's FavoritePark?

Got home from dancing at about 11:10 p.m. and got ready for bed. Decided to check Forum posts before turning in and was shocked to see that YMS #27 had been placed earlier in the evening. Changed clothes right away and endured the rolled eyeballs of my sweet bride before departing from home at 11:22 p.m.

Had the container contents spread around at about 11:40 p.m. and was about to make a log entry when I heard somebody cracking and smashing through the trees and bushes behind me. Turned out to be dhsundance arriving for his YMS #27 card. Two Geocachers with flashlights out in a deserted park near midnight looking for collector cards. What's up with that?

Grabbed three YMS #27 and three related misprints, one set for me and a set each for Splashette and $kimmer. Flag Man and the masked misprinter placed a bunch of cards this time, together a stack about like a deck of playing cards. There's enough of them so that the fist fights shouldn't break out until tomorrow evening.

Great misprint by the way. I can say first hand that Dave is delighted with the honor. Nice fellow, at least in dark of night.

Thanks Flag Man, another terrific job.

Also thanks to Parsa for contributing conceptual insights and important resource links that pulled this layout together. O what the heck, thanks to Rocket Man too even though he didn't do a darned thing except move out of state.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Introducing YMS #27 - dhsundance:

Thanks to Harmon and Trailgators for the design work.  Left a decent supply (23x) in Max's Favorite Park.  Of course the Misprinter struck in advance of my visit...

O sure, your sweet talkin' us in hopes that we'll be nice with your layout when your turn comes around. Actually, thank you very much. Preparing YMS card layouts is a privilege as far as I'm concerned.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
Note the very big hint to the TT cache in that card's image!!!

Parsa

That is a big hint! That was a fun puzzle to solve! :)

I love it that Parsa noticed the hint. You wouldn't expect that from such an old guy.

Sort of sets a new standard for places to look for puzzle hints don't y' think? Let's watch and see if the hint has an effect on finds. Maybe we can hide puzzle-cache coordinates on a future layout.

On the other hand this may drive some nubes nuts trying to figure out what the hint is.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Parsa

That is a big hint! That was a fun puzzle to solve! :)

I love it that Parsa noticed the hint. You wouldn't expect that from such an old guy.

Sort of sets a new standard for places to look for puzzle hints don't y' think? Let's watch and see if the hint has an effect on finds. Maybe we can hide puzzle-cache coordinates on a future layout.

On the other hand this may drive some nubes nuts trying to figure out what the hint is.

Speaking of hints....Do you know what those yellow markings were for on the Dan-oh card?

Edited by TrailGators

Introducing the Bikedog Memorial Series of Yrium Geocacher Cards. This is a limited edition set of 6 cards:

3a8d1be1-1e7b-4722-9102-841c239ff883.jpg

15d8c364-0477-48a4-a734-dfc5090a56f2.jpg

f959b015-eb73-4d48-964d-f2f1034dc71c.jpg

3e239203-1446-409e-b6fe-391645418cef.jpg

a84c44db-eea4-4cd6-8087-57f22fae38d5.jpg

a35bdc87-58f8-4a99-9311-66faf427fb45.jpg

As many of you already know from the SD Thread, Jerry "bikedog" Gradisher died tragically in a motorcycle accident yesterday, January 12, 2006. He was one of the pioneers of SD Geocachers, having cached for just a few days short of 5-years. His caches are all very memorable and most involve epic hikes to great locations with something very unique to find at GZ. Jerry will be missed by the entire caching community. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife and daughter.

This limited edition series of cards will work a little differently than most. For one thing, I have only made a total of 5 complete sets of cards. More may be released later. You will have to work a little harder to complete a set as I intend to only place them in bikedog caches. Of course, you could always travel to Colorado where Rocket Man will be stocking his bikedog memorial cache with these cards as well.

It is, indeed, a very sad day with the passing of a good friend and great cacher.

Edited by FlagMan

Parsa

That is a big hint! That was a fun puzzle to solve! :D

It's driving me nuts figuring out what the hint is, and I've solved that puzzle!

Introducing the Bikedog Memorial Series of Yrium Geocacher Cards. This is a limited edition set of 6 cards:

3a8d1be1-1e7b-4722-9102-841c239ff883.jpg

15d8c364-0477-48a4-a734-dfc5090a56f2.jpg

f959b015-eb73-4d48-964d-f2f1034dc71c.jpg

3e239203-1446-409e-b6fe-391645418cef.jpg

a84c44db-eea4-4cd6-8087-57f22fae38d5.jpg

a35bdc87-58f8-4a99-9311-66faf427fb45.jpg

As many of you already know from the SD Thread, Jerry "bikedog" Gradisher died tragically in a motorcycle accident yesterday, January 12, 2006. He was one of the pioneers of SD Geocachers, having cached for just a few days short of 5-years. His caches are all very memorable and most involve epic hikes to great locations with something very unique to find at GZ. Jerry will be missed by the entire caching community. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife and daughter.

This limited edition series of cards will work a little differently than most. For one thing, I have only made a total of 5 complete sets of cards. More may be released later. You will have to work a little harder to complete a set as I intend to only place them in bikedog caches. Of course, you could always travel to Colorado where Rocket Man will be stocking his bikedog memorial cache with these cards as well.

It is, indeed, a very sad day with the passing of a good friend and great cacher.

What a great way to remember a friend and a fellow cacher. He will be missed by us all. :laughing:

Parsa

That is a big hint! That was a fun puzzle to solve! :laughing:

It's driving me nuts figuring out what the hint is, and I've solved that puzzle!

Do you remember this song by Chicago: "As time goes on I realize......."

Edited by TrailGators