Yrium's Geocacher Trading Cards

yrium

The irony is that I considered "my method" of logging these cards to be considerate and hence polite. Rather than needlessly filling up the logbook with a zilllion non-cache find logs, it made more sense to me to simply log them on the website.

When you put things in perspective, somebody got their undies in a bundle because a bunch of us didn't sign a little piece paper. Seems silly doesn't it!  :ph34r:

It's so amazingly silly isn't it when you state the facts......

Read-up:

Geocaching Etiquette The three rules of geocaching, "Take something, Leave something and Write in the log book"

This is retarded and I refuse to talk about it anymore.

Say this out loud 10 times:

EYE

WE

TODD

DID

:rolleyes:

Gecko Dad:

....Back then, a good day was more than one cache found, with three caches a "power caching" accomplishment....

Interesting, found this story by TUNA describing a 12 cache day as a "marathon" back in 2000.

Tuna's Geocaching Marathon

PassingWind

As discussed between Harmon and I this morning we've concluded that between Yrium's logs and Gecko Dad's photo essays we have a book on San Diego ready to be publish! But that's all our little secret isn't it. :rolleyes:

Interesting, found this story by TUNA describing a 12 cache day as a "marathon" back in 2000.

Tuna's Geocaching Marathon

PassingWind

As discussed between Harmon and I this morning we've concluded that between Yrium's logs and Gecko Dad's photo essays we have a book on San Diego ready to be publish! But that's all our little secret isn't it. :anibad:

Interesting story by Tuna. Now you can get 12 just by taking a short hike in MTRP.

Interesting story by Tuna. Now you can get 12 just by taking a short hike in MTRP.

or going shopping in Santee !! :lol:

Caches and finds have increased exponentially! I started about 3 years ago and had a tough time bagging 5-6 in a day because most of them involved pretty good hikes. I still remember when Rocket Man and I set a personal record of 12 finds in a day about a year and half ago in Temecula. We were pretty stoked and couldn't believe it! :santa: Anyhow, the biggest change I've noticed is the volume of urban caches. It won't be too long before you won't need a GPS because they'll be a cache under darn near every light post cover! :o I'm not knocking anything but I was pushing for a way to link everybody's favorite caches to generate a master list of all the coolest caches! I personally like those better! This is the thread to help push that idea along! Hint..hint! Unfortunately, it seems to have stalled out... :anibad:

OK...OK! I did it....I stopped at Max's at O-dark 30 this morning.

I took 3 of each...I gave one set to Duncan, I have a set for TM...and I have a set... :santa: There was a butt load :o of cards left.

I did not sign the cache log...I think it is a waste of paper. Also I did not log it on the cache page...I think it interferes with peoples pocket queries. And it keeps people up till 4am reading all of the dang posts. :lol:

However comma I do log them out of caches/logs that I have not found before.

I also religiously post to this forum.

However however comma or should that be?? However comma comma????

If Mr. Tom would like me to sign the log, sign the cache, post here and send an e-mail to PW :anibad: then I will.

PS Last night, TM and I went to the midnight showing of the new HP flick...we arrived home at 3am...I went to bed at 4:05... the alarm went off at 6am ...I hit snooze :lol: got out of bed at 6:15 and headed for Max's. You are probably lucky I put the cache back :lol:

PPS If I have not pissed someone off with this post please let me know...I don't sleep well if haven't...

OK...OK! I did it....I stopped at Max's at O-dark 30 this morning.

I took 3 of each...I gave one set to Duncan, I have a set for TM...and I have a set... :lol: There was a butt load :santa: of cards left.

I did not sign the cache log...I think it is a waste of paper. Also I did not log it on the cache page...I think it interferes with peoples pocket queries. And it keeps people up till 4am reading all of the dang posts. :o

However comma I do log them out of caches/logs that I have not found before.

I also religiously post to this forum.

However however comma or should that be?? However comma comma????

If Mr. Tom would like me to sign the log, sign the cache, post here and send an e-mail to PW :anibad: then I will.

PS Last night, TM and I went to the midnight showing of the new HP flick...we arrived home at 3am...I went to bed at 4:05... the alarm went off at 6am ...I hit snooze :lol: got out of bed at 6:15 and headed for Max's. You are probably lucky I put the cache back :lol:

PPS If I have not pissed someone off with this post please let me know...I don't sleep well if haven't...

:lol: Next time pick some up for me comma Harmon comma Splashettes comma Gecko Dad comma TM comma Duncan comma Chuy comma Trailgators comma duganrm comma dot dot dot in fact I'll send you my mailing address and you can mail mine exclaimation point

Ok ok....in all honesty at least nobody had to hike 13 miles to the top of El Capitan to find all the Yrium Cards have been had.....then I think there would be some unhappy campers

:lol:

Quit bickering, children. I'll make sure to put plenty more out there when I get back in town... :ph34r:

Good Grief!!!

Please excuse us for not having a wireless computer in our back pocket, so that we can immediately post what cards we took.

We were on our way to Redlands yesterday to do some caching, so we stopped by our favorite park, Max's, to get some cards specifically for the Flintstones since Bob works and can't get there. We knew they would be all gone if we didn't.

Also took a card for Harmon & $kimmer, but Harmon didn't get the message in time and showed up anyhow. We don't think they qualify as 'couch cachers'.

We got home too late last night to post anything, then we read this thread this morning, and can't quite believe what we read.

I guess in this age of 'instant gratification' that the tekkies seem to require, we will forever remain the dinosaurs of the game.

We're just happy hunting for tupperware in bushes, getting stickers in our socks, and enjoying the great outdoors with friends.

We have an awesome bunch of cachers here in San Diego, maybe we should all just 'lighten up' a little. Remember, this is fun, that's why we do it. :anitongue::ph34r:

-Steve & Janie-

Quit bickering, children.  I'll make sure to put plenty more out there when I get back in town... :ph34r:

Good Grief!!!

Please excuse us for not having a wireless computer in our back pocket, so that we can immediately post what cards we took.

We were on our way to Redlands yesterday to do some caching, so we stopped by our favorite park, Max's, to get some cards specifically for the Flintstones since Bob works and can't get there. We knew they would be all gone if we didn't.

Also took a card for Harmon & $kimmer, but Harmon didn't get the message in time and showed up anyhow. We don't think they qualify as 'couch cachers'.

We got home too late last night to post anything, then we read this thread this morning, and can't quite believe what we read.

I guess in this age of 'instant gratification' that the tekkies seem to require, we will forever remain the dinosaurs of the game.

We're just happy hunting for tupperware in bushes, getting stickers in our socks, and enjoying the great outdoors with friends.

We have an awesome bunch of cachers here in San Diego, maybe we should all just 'lighten up' a little. Remember, this is fun, that's why we do it. :anitongue::ph34r:

-Steve & Janie-

Splashette, you taught me a long time ago to live and let live. We are all happier when everyone does that! :drama:

Quit bickering, children.  I'll make sure to put plenty more out there when I get back in town... :ph34r:

Good Grief!!!

-Steve & Janie-

:drama:

I left one Night Hunter card and one Flintstones card in the Forbidden Forest tonight. What a cool cache! :lol:

took them both. Night Hunter will go into my collection. Flinstones will go down to the Proctor Valley Monster cache tomorrow night to give some of the south county cachers a chance at it if they want(along with a Chuy and a Vulture).

Dropped 11x YMS #24 cards in Max's Favorite Park this evening. I betcha can't guess what else I found in there.... 11x Misprints! Come and get 'em!

why I oughta......Thanks Flagman. <_<

If anyone wants to purchase/pick-up a San Diego Geocoin I'll be by Max's Favorite Park between 9:00-9:30AM tomorrow....just let me know before hand if you will be heading over!

PassingWind

Dropped 11x YMS #24 cards in Max's Favorite Park this evening.  I betcha can't guess what else I found in there....  11x Misprints!  Come and get 'em!

If anyone wants to purchase/pick-up a San Diego Geocoin I'll be by Max's Favorite Park between 9:00-9:30AM tomorrow....just let me know before hand if you will be heading over!

PassingWind

will try to scrounge up the money and be there on time. <_<

Dropped 11x YMS #24 cards in Max's Favorite Park this evening.  I betcha can't guess what else I found in there....  11x Misprints!  Come and get 'em!

PassingWind

Might swing by to get early delivery on the coins I just ordered.

-GD

PassingWind

I have to work tomorrow and I don't think I should have an offsite meeting two days in a row. Are you going down to Bear Valley on Friday?

PassingWind

I have to work tomorrow and I don't think I should have an offsite meeting two days in a row. Are you going down to Bear Valley on Friday?

You mean those offsite CHUD meetings? <_<<_<

BTW: About that other offsite cache, I mean meeting that you had, if the manager took it, there is no proof that you signed the log, so you can't really log it as a find. :anibad:

Edited by RocketMan

PassingWind

BTW: About that other offsite cache, I mean meeting that you had, if the manager took it, there is no proof that you signed the log, so you can't really log it as a find. :anibad:

CHUD was a tough meeting! I had to bend over for almost the whole meeting! :blink:

As far as Supersize It, I have witnesses!!! :ph34r:

Edited by TrailGators

PassingWind

I have witnesses!!! :blink:

I'm just PO'ed about that cache as you know. I'm glad you finally bagged it. Did you sign the log for me? :ph34r:

PassingWind

I'm just PO'ed about that cache as you know. I'm glad you finally bagged it. Did you sign the log for me? :ph34r:

Yes! But we can't prove it because the manager took it! :P:P:(

Oops we should move this back to the Banter site.....

Edited by TrailGators

You mean those offsite CHUD meetings?  <_<  <_<

BTW:  About that other offsite cache, I mean meeting that you had, if the manager took it, there is no proof that you signed the log, so you can't really log it as a find.  :anibad:

Yes! But we can't prove it because the manager took it! :P:P:(

that means 4 down on my TT list of caches to do. ;)

You mean those offsite CHUD meetings?  <_<  <_<

BTW:  About that other offsite cache, I mean meeting that you had, if the manager took it, there is no proof that you signed the log, so you can't really log it as a find.  :anibad:

Yes! But we can't prove it because the manager took it! :P:P;)

that means 4 down on my TT list of caches to do. :P

Come to think of it I saw you there too Richard! :(

Come to think of it I saw you there too Richard!  <_<

I guess I can be at 2 TT caches at the same time. :anibad:

I was also at TT's MTRP Nuisance Cache #4: TCD at pretty close to the same time. Man can I move. <_<

But seriously I did learn a trick! Wendy's doesn't open until 10AM during the week! So the next time you guys head to Max's Park on a weekday morning, stop by Wendy's and Supersize It! :blink:

Edited by TrailGators
Well, I witnessed the signing at the Supersize! And if that was the manager, I don't think so. I met the manager when I did the cache awhile ago (we were looking for an earring that time). This lady looked like the cleaning crew with a security background. :P Since the place did not open for an hour, we thought no one was around...wrong. 5am might work.

All I know is that gal was MEAN! :D

I like your earring trick Sally! We dropped money the first time....keys the second time... :o But what threw us of was the lousy hints we got for lifelines! :D The cache was NOT even close to where we were told to look!!! :D Anyhow, I'm glad to finally get that monkey off my back! :D