Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Jesture is Red Neck spell'n fur Gesture. It's not unlike ''Almonds'' and ''A-monds''. Of course, the difference there would be if they're on the tree or not... 'cause to get them little things off, you have ta knock the ''L'' out of 'em. icon_wink.gif

[taking out my Bubba teeth...]

Hey! Here's a new point on contention. Why is it that Manteca has zero caches?? Look it up. Zip's there are 95336 and 95337. Now I know where my next cache will be planted. The only thing I need to locate is a Black Berry patch in the middle of a dry wild field with ivy taking over... look in the middle [that's a spoiler]. LOL

Congratulations on 5 cachers now sucessfull on the Centroid of the Tracy Triangle! WHat do you think will happen in Manteca? I can hardly wait!

Bill of Green Achers

"Happy Trails make Happy Tails."

Brute Force is evil ! Evil, I say, evil!

It took me two tries to find his rather ordinary Beyond the Sunset cache, and today his Pump House cache (his first I think) eluded me. I've emailed him about it.

I think Brute should be limited from this point forward to hiding only 5 gallon containers. They must be painted day-glo orange and they need to be sitting on the surface of a black coal field. Putting a flashing yellow light on top would help me too.

Now where's that Manteca cache ?!

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

...this one is just a daily recap...of a bad day!

It all started when my golfing buddy called at 10 am to tell me our 1 pm game was off! Since he knew that yesterday and didn't tell me I was TICKED !

On the other hand I got to go caching! I should have stayed home. I couldn't find Red Dot the second time, I couldn't find Pump House. I burned up all kinds of daylight looking for those two!

I think I have been trying to squeeze too many into a day's time, but getting a late start doesn't help either...before you know it, it's 5 pm and dark.

Still, that new Brute Force cache nearby DOES have some appeal...proving that even a bad day doesn't deter a nutso cacher!

Ron

....since the first finders scored at King Tut's Treasure.

It required cachers to find the two coordinates which were contained in other Egyptian related caches.

Only the GeoCrickets and George of Georockers succeeded. They actually found the coords in two caches and then went on to the other two just to not tip off future cachers. Kudos to them for that!

Anyway, not that many committed cachers around I guess. Several have one of the coords, but not both. So, the priests have revealed all...the coords at this site

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=19913

are the REAL coordinates...go for it if you live in the bay area and are used to hiking.

Ron

Edit: This wasn't originally a members only cache (for 6 months), but it is now, so if you want to see the description you have to be a member.

[This message was edited by Ron Streeter on November 07, 2002 at 02:46 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Brute-Force:

I knew someone would have a better solution than a whine.

Apparently I am unable to make any point here without being called a whiner.

Perhaps I am one.

Either way, it's not worth it.

[This message was edited by fizzymagic on November 07, 2002 at 01:48 AM.]

...wrote a book entitled...How To Win Friends and Influence People.

I bought a numbered copy at a used book store years ago. Today there are Dale Carnegie workshops aimed at the ordinary Joe and at people in business who need to *schmooze* customers into buying. It has some good points.

I know I include myself in needing to re-read it!

Ron

...I'm confused. See my post at the cache page.

Do I go to the coordinates listed to find the bug, then go from there to the actual cache?

If that is the case and Mike Morris gets there this morning and grabs the key, then I arrive 20 minutes later, the keys are gone and I can't go for the actual cache...like I said, I'm confused. Someone enlighten me.

Ron

So I read an article about a guy that has over 1,000 cache finds (and hid 9 - in his spare time I'd guess). When interviewed, he said he was at something like 1,250. After reading this, the challenge of numbers has long left my already too busy mind.

On the other hand, ''clever'' may never loose my interest. Both George and Ron quickly come to mind when I think about clever. Above is George's Key cache and Ron's King T. Maybe the find frequencies will/have been low but both these guys, along with several other CVCers and thinking outside the box.

My thinking cap off to everyone planting clever caches. icon_smile.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Bill of Green Achers

quote:
Originally posted by C&MMorris:

OK George!!! Where's the bug with the key?????

Mike

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

I have the key still.... You're going to have to wait. I'm going to be placing the bug in another cache in the next couple days, depending on the rain.

Once you have the key, the key contains the coordinates to the first stage.

The first stage has the coordinates to the final cache.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

I have the key still.... You're going to have to wait. I'm going to be placing the bug in another cache in the next couple days, depending on the rain.

Once you have the key, the key contains the coordinates to the first stage.

The first stage has the coordinates to the final cache.

george

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/39570_500.jpg

But did you have to use those coordinates for the cache since it is not at that location? It comes up on our (LO, Mike and mine)first page. icon_eek.gif

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

quote:
Originally posted by Fattuhr:

But did you have to use those coordinates for the cache since it is not at that location? It comes up on our (LO, Mike and mine)first page. icon_eek.gif

It does?? icon_confused.gif Oh my, how ever did THAT happen? icon_biggrin.gif

george

39570_500.jpg

...I thought I understood your cache properly, but when I clicked on the link for the bug and saw you still had it, I wondered. I guess I thought you would have placed the bug BEFORE you published the cache page.

Another thought has occurred. It is POSSIBLE (not necessarily LIKELY) that a person could persue this bug and never catch up to it.

Ron

42095_400.gif

[This message was edited by Ron Streeter on November 07, 2002 at 03:38 PM.]

I had to publish the cache page so that I could link the bug page to the cache page.

Without the cache page being submitted, I could not have the link on the bug page. I needed the GC number.

Now, the only thing left to do, is decide which cache to put the bug in.

Anyone have a suggestion. I thought about putting it in Test of Genius. icon_wink.gif

george

39570_500.jpg

quote:

Anyone have a suggestion. I thought about putting it in Test of Genius. icon_wink.gif

george

How about putting it in California Redwood icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

I had to publish the cache page so that I could link the bug page to the cache page.

Without the cache page being submitted, I could not have the link on the bug page. I needed the GC number.

george

George, How about the Manteca cache that I'm placing this weekend... Black Berrys, Ivy, Dry Grass. LOL

If we had the coordinates, we could just have a lock smith open the lock. But the only way to get the coordinates would be to get the key.

Maybe one of your students has a Geocaching dad that you could give it to and then it would be out for this weekend... Oh, that's right... you do have a student like that!!

Bill of Green Achers

quote:

george

Do it!

70546_800.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

...Durn, aisle half to git out my Buck Jones Roket Sigh-ence 101 book agin!

Jeb (a lowly dum cluck of a vali casher)

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

It's getting kind of old.

george

39570_500.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

...it may be old, but some people still appreciate it as witness the emails I get about it. But, as I said America is great, freedom of speech is great and everyone has an opinion.

Ron

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/42095_400.gif

__I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.__

Everyone's gone one........ etc etc.

george

Just expressing a little freedom.

39570_500.jpg

I thought that's what they say about excuses. If opinions are included, that make 3 things we all got.

How about placeing that bug in Merced? I'll be gone other directions both days this weekend and won't get the chance to find it. Get some activity going on down here. If fact, Sat afternoon, I'll be up at Don Pedro. Going to use my GPS to test my buddys boat speed. It's a V drive, I'm guessing 80 and yes, it does scare the heck out of me. icon_eek.gif Hmmm. Treasure Island.....Anyone stopping by and sees the boat might get a lift across. icon_smile.gif

If a little Brute Force doesn't work, try using a lot!

quote:
Originally posted by Brute-Force:

Hmmm. Treasure Island.....Anyone stopping by and sees the boat might get a lift across. icon_smile.gif

If a little Brute Force doesn't work, try using a lot!

It's a short boat ride or a long walk. I stopped by there last week and found a hole in my kayak. The lake level is really low. It might be a little higher by this weekend.

george

39570_500.jpg

quote:

The key goes out tomorrow.

george

George, Let me know when you go! I'll go with you icon_razz.gif. Hey!!!! We can do some Muddin also. With all this rain It could be real fun trying not to get stuck in the mud. I will have to use my little 4 cyclinder jeep to pull out your bad @ss bronco icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

quote:

George, Let me know when you go! I'll go with you icon_razz.gif. Hey!!!! We can do some Muddin also. With all this rain It could be real fun trying not to get stuck in the mud. I will have to use my little 4 cyclinder jeep to pull out your bad @ss bronco icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

I never got the top on the bronco before the rain started. I have it covered with a tarp right now. I'm not man enough yet to do a lot of driving in the rain with no top.

george

39570_500.jpg

quote:

quote:

Mike

I never got the top on the bronco before the rain started. I have it covered with a tarp right now. I'm not man enough yet to do a lot of driving in the rain with no top.

george

If you need help with the top. give me a call. Mike

Brute-Force

Of course it is not an addiction, we are normal and the others are not. Altho, my wife is thinking

about starting a GEOCACHERS ANONYMOUS group in our area. At lease they do not throw us in jail for this addiction. All we do is bore every one around us.

Don