Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Fallen,

Pat just pointed out to me your heading of "Rude Pizza Post", which I had missed earlier.

What I said to Bill was not rude..I was JOKING, hence the little icon_biggrin.gif after what I said.

Not sure what you were trying to say there, but I don't appreciate being called "rude" when that wasn't the case at all.

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

What I said was rude and I was joking also. Also hence the little icon_smile.gif

See you tonight!

70546_800.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

quote:
Originally posted by ZachNLiam:

Jamie,

You were not rude! It was very obviously a joke.

I guess on the internet it can be hard to decipher tone and that is why we use these..... icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

So don't worry you were fine.

Tammi icon_wink.gif

http://www.garmin.com/graphics/guy.gif

http://www.jamzcheer.com/cvcth.jpg

I guess that is what happened at my end too. If I were you guys, I would always assume I was joking about everything unless I announce that I am really P1ssed off or something.

quote:
Originally posted by LuvOzzy:

Yes, I see the smiley face next to Fallen's post as well...but, since he used the subject of "Rude pizza comment", it kinda makes me wonder what he was really trying to say.

I guess it really doesn't matter, but I was just curious as to why he chose "rude" to describe my post to Bill.

Jaimee

Before criticizing others, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do the criticizing, you will have their shoes AND be a mile away!

Last one I promiss. I said "Rude pizza comment" because the comment you were about to read was a sarcastic and rude joke comming from me meant to make you go HA HA and then tell me to shut up.

OK. I editing this so I dont have to post again.

George is right.

I get what you are saying Fallen..thanks. It is always hard to interpret the tone of a computer-based discussion, and since you used "rude" in the heading, I apparently read it the wrong way. Also, what you posted didn't really make any sense to me, so I was a bit confused.

Adding obscure lines at the end of posts usually doesn't help to clarify a situation either......

Jaimee

So what does a Rude Pizza look like anyway? What do you think they put into a Rude Pizza?

I was at the new pizza palyground in Stockton (Fantastic Pete's Pizza or something like that) and they make a Rude Pizza! They also make good pizza but there RP is a Peanut Butter Pizza... [burp - gag]. Great combo, huh?!? Lucky they even put whole peanuts on the top as a warning I'd guess, in case you're that drunk and about to take a bit.

Have fun tonight gang.

Bill of Green Achers

"Happy Trails make Happy Tails."

If it has the word Pizza in it, it has to be good. Peanut Butter Pizza sounds good for lunch. Maybe some hot oatmeal pizza for breakfast. And after dinner, how about some ice cream pizza. If it wasn't for the hellish commute traffic from here (San Jose) to there, we'd be there (and not just for the Pizza, of course).

--Marky

"Everyone spends time in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Thanks for putting the pizza party together Jaimee. We had fun. It was nice to meet some new cachers and spend some time With friends.

Mike

P.S. Jaimee my shoes are red neck shoes I just forgot to show you the Confederate Flag (LONG LIVE THE SOUTH) That is imprinted on the inside. icon_biggrin.gif

If it's got wing's, I can fly it!!

Congratulations Mr.... ur.... Brute. 100 caches! So that makes you the top of the addiction heap (based on caches per day). Look out George and Ron. There's a new kid on the block. icon_razz.gif We're proud of you. Keep up the addition.

Side note: Anyone read the thread about the San Diego Police thinking they found a Bomb (that said ''www.geocaching.com'' on the side? Hello?! Is that not enough effort or do we need to make a better effort at calling off the dogs?

Bill of Green Achers

quote:
Originally posted by C&MMorris:

P.S. Jaimee my shoes are red neck shoes I just forgot to show you the Confederate Flag (LONG LIVE THE SOUTH) That is imprinted on the inside. icon_biggrin.gif

Shoes, I missed the shoes. You should have shown them off.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

I'm only finding about half the caches these days. icon_frown.gif I think I need to start printing out the cache page w/clue to carry with me. Maybe it's just bad luck or maybe I just suck. icon_confused.gif It's not like I'm not working hard. For example, on Fear Factor, I even made one of the four(?) possible jumps of faith. If you've been there, you'll agree that's working too hard. icon_biggrin.gif Anyway, jumping off a pipe is kidstuff, jumping back on the pipe is what seperates the men and the mice. I couldn't make myself jump back. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Bill of Green Achers

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

I think I need to start printing out the cache page w/clue to carry with me.

For any waypoint in my GPSr, I have the cache info in my visor PDA. Pocket Queries are the best for drive by caching.

--Marky

"Everyone spends time in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

I'm only finding about half the caches these days. icon_frown.gif I think I need to start printing out the cache page w/clue to carry with me.

Hello everyone. I guess it's time I get started in the conversations. I've hid my first cache and want to thank the people that have helped me get started. As for cache pages, I've try to carry the cache pages with me all the time. It sure helps me.

Hey all

If you want to log your "find" for the pizza party, please do so. I am going to archive it later this afternoon so it doesn't stay on the pages of those folks who couldn't make it. I think most everyone had already logged it...I could think of two names that I didn't see log yet though.

Jaimee

quote:

I'm only finding about half the caches these days. icon_frown.gif I think I need to start printing out the cache page w/clue to carry with me. Maybe it's just bad luck or maybe I just suck. icon_confused.gif It's not like I'm not working hard. For example, on Fear Factor, I even made one of the four(?) possible jumps of faith. If you've been there, you'll agree that's working too hard. icon_biggrin.gif Anyway, jumping off a pipe is kidstuff, jumping back on the pipe is what seperates the men and the mice. I couldn't make myself jump back. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Bill of Green Achers

Did you really jump from the pipe?

70546_800.gif

If there is something to B17ch about I'll make sure you're the first to know.

quote:
Originally posted by Fallen:

I even made one of the four(?) possible jumps of faith.

Did you really jump from the pipe?

Heck no! I don't have that kind of faith either. I climbed up using one of Brute Forces tools... Even at that, what a rush. A good example of working too hard and not thinking hard enough [or at all for that fact]. Those blocks of wood are hard to see due to the tree so I thought... no, I didn't think. I just went for it. I did ballance a nut (nothing to do with a Diamond) on the edge closest to the pipe while I was thinking about how to get down.

I'm heading back either this afternoon or tomorrow. Want to go?

Bill of Green Achers

quote:
Originally posted by one_windwalker:

My youngest son and I went out today to try our hand at geocaching...

I think he's hooked already icon_wink.gif

http://home.sosinet.net/~garden4u/foundit.jpg

We found Berry Nice and Foggy Bottom today...looking forward to many more adventures

Welcome, you're in for an adventure.

george

39570_500.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by fizzymagic:

I have added up the distances between caches that I have done (in the order I have done them) and am now at almost 58,000 miles.

Interesting way of tracking travels. Nice large round number too... 5.8e4. Lucky for you that most of that mileage is in an airplane. It takes away that fact that you've put many hard miles in on the car sometimes bagging some 17 caches per day (as I recall). If you only kept a real mileage log, you'd have more than your calculation as it doesn't include those trips from home and back again.

Hey Tonto2002! Welcome to the forum. Looks like your first planting is a winner. I hope to bag it soon.

Almost forgot,

Welcome to One Windwalker! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by Green Achers on November 17, 2002 at 07:56 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=43530

It might be toooo tough.

george

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/39570_500.jpg

I see another night cache run in the future. Hey Fallen! We can save two bucks too. lol [For those that may not know it, that's humor.] icon_wink.gif

Why are all the good caches so far away? I'm going to end up having fizzles mileage if I keep going after these. icon_biggrin.gif

Bill of Green Achers

Here's the story, when bill DNF'd the first time, I went out to check on it. It was NOT where I had placed it and I assumed it was gone. I had a replacement with me, in case, so I replaced it. Now the orginal seems to have returned.

Now I need to go back and get rid of one.

Bill, can you email me exactly where you found the one you signed?

george

39570_500.jpg

No, we signed with a pen and made note of what our coordinates were close to the cache. It was a very fun area for the kids to explore. We had to think about how Ron likes to expand our geocaching hunting abilities. We just thought that Ron was trying to stump us. We really enjoy his caches and look forward to finding his caches. George and Mary along with Ron are all "Master Cachers" . icon_biggrin.gif Keep them coming! Carolyn icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=43530

It might be toooo tough.

george

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/39570_500.jpg

It look's like a fun cache George. I will go for it in the next couple of day's. I only have 25 more to go to hit 300. I'm trying to do this by Thanksgiving. I love challenges. Keep em coming.

Mike

Peer Pressure? As you can tell, I'm one of those people who gives in to peer pressure.

New Geocache requirements....

After you find the cache, go and read every other log and then...

1) check for fingerprints to make sure the cacher was there.

2) analyze the ink to ensure that 'traditional' ink was used and not pigs blood or some other liquid.

3) report to me if you just think it's suspicious.

Also, hop on one foot and sing the national anthem as you sign the log. But don't look for it if you don't want.

george

39570_500.jpg

So why don't we just hide caches so others can find. Make them creative but don't add rules to caches to push your agenda.

There is no creativity in getting picky in how a log is signed. There is creativity on how you hide cache, a theme you make for a cache, the place you choose, the conainer, the contents... etc But to say you have to sign a log this exact way adds nothing.

george

39570_500.jpg

[sTART HUMOROUS CACHE DESCRIPTION RULES]

Original contents:

Log book with 100 removable pages.

Pen with unique ink that is identifiable under an electron microscope.

100 homing pigeons.

1 Happy Fun Ball

To log this cache, you must sign the log page with the pen, tear the page out, place it in the container around one of the homing pigeon's feet. Release the homing pigeon. If I don't get your log page within two weeks, I will delete your log online. Make sure you use the enclosed pen. I can tell if you don't. Do not eat the pen, the ink is toxic. An what ever you do, DO NOT TAUNT THE HAPPY FUN BALL!

[/sTART HUMOROUS CACHE DESCRIPTION RULES]

--Marky

Why is it okay for certain people to make smart a*s comments but not others???????? icon_confused.gif

It gets "old" if it's a comment coming from Ron..but it's not "old" if it's coming from Mike, George, Fizzy, Bill, etc. Not picking on anyone in particular there..just chose those names at random icon_rolleyes.gif

Everyone knows there is no love loss among certain cachers in the valley and beyond. I will say that I consider Ron a very nice man, a wonderful Geocacher, and a friend as well. Comments have been made that I think are rude and just downright nasty (from both "sides"), and I think that maybe the crappy comments should be sent via private email instead of on the forum.

Jump down my throat if you choose, but I just wanted to share my opinion.

Jaimee

Caching with Fizzy and headed to the Valley today. I can hardly contain my excitement. I will hit 300 today, not bad for an ole gal from Texas with only ½ the brain cells she use to have.

Pepper

Minding my own business and keeping my opinion close to home.

Horizontals where it's at!