Central Valley Cachers

Fattuhr

Hello to everyone.

This is a update to the Lodi event om April 8th

I will be having a raffle at the event. I will have some GC.com item to raffle off and if there is something you would like to bring for the raffle please do so. The big thing that I will have for the raffle is a Moun10bike Vr.3 GeoCoin. For the people that collect geocoins you know what this coin is. For the ones that do not collect geocoins you may not know him.

Jon (Moun10bke) was the first person to have a coin made for a sig item. He called it a geocoin. His coin cam out about the same time the travel bug tags came out so his coin was also included in the tracking system on Gc.com thus making his coin the first trackable geocoin.

Jerry Carter (aka El Diablo)President/Publisher of Today's Cacher magazine will be sending me copies to give out at the event.

That is about it for now.

Richard of the GeoCrickets

Everyone - look at this rubbish. Can ANYONE name one time for anything "unusual" where Bill was not involved??? ONE?? :D

Once again, trouble in CVC and I'm still not involved. What's killing me is waiting to see how I'll be tied to being the ring leader anyway! LOL

I'll have a donation to the gathering raffle. Maybe Kenny has an extra roll (or did he use them all on finding CVC Tag!!!?)

Everyone - look at this rubbish. Can ANYONE name one time for anything "unusual" where Bill was not involved??? ONE?? :D

Once again, trouble in CVC and I'm still not involved. What's killing me is waiting to see how I'll be tied to being the ring leader anyway! LOL

I'll have a donation to the gathering raffle. Maybe Kenny has an extra roll (or did he use them all on finding CVC Tag!!!?)

Drawing a blank here... :D

Everyone - look at this rubbish. Can ANYONE name one time for anything "unusual" where Bill was not involved??? ONE?? :P

Tom, your name has been coming-up on all of the recent stuff as well...Who has been teaching you the ways of the dark-side? :P:rolleyes:

Tom, your name has been coming-up on all of the recent stuff as well...Who has been teaching you the ways of the dark-side? :D:P

Me (I'm guessing). :) I'm speachless. :ph34r: At least Kenny got that roll I mailed him and the trouble-some-trio were able to use those tickets to Europe... Yes... nothing sticks to Teflon-Tom. :D

That would be the almighty Krypton and all-knowing Hemlock.... :D

Both are approvers for our area and are most helpful.

And seeing that they're both 'All-Knowing'... I'll bet they know what certain CVC scoundrals are up to with CVC Tag!!! Anyone care to step up to the microphone, JPD34?!! :)

I can't believe he'd step into the group and lead so many followers a stray, like the Terrible-2Fers, Teflon-Tom, Radikel... well, I guess that was a 'give me'. Can't we all just get a long?! :);):D:D

The roll that was left forme was water logged in all the rain. so itwas unfortunate geo-litter that I tossed the next morning!

That would be the almighty Krypton and all-knowing Hemlock.... :cry:

And seeing that they're both 'All-Knowing'... I'll bet they know what certain CVC scoundrals are up to with CVC Tag!!! Anyone care to step up to the microphone, JPD34?!! :ph34r:

I can't believe he'd step into the group and lead so many followers a stray, like the Terrible-2Fers, Teflon-Tom, Radikel... well, I guess that was a 'give me'. Can't we all just get a long?! :blink::rolleyes::ph34r::cry:

That would be the almighty Krypton and all-knowing Hemlock.... :cry:

And seeing that they're both 'All-Knowing'... I'll bet they know what certain CVC scoundrals are up to with CVC Tag!!! Anyone care to step up to the microphone, JPD34?!! :ph34r:

I can't believe he'd step into the group and lead so many followers a stray, like the Terrible-2Fers, Teflon-Tom, Radikel... well, I guess that was a 'give me'. Can't we all just get a long?! :blink::rolleyes::ph34r::cry:

Who? Me? I'm a total innocent. I have no idea how I became involved in all this. I think TeflonTom (I really like that name), hung me out to dry! I know he has done some terrible things in the past, and to think he would allow all my friends to think that it was me who cache napped CVC Tag is just appalling! I mean I didn't know it wa possible to sign someone elses name to a find like that ;) . Anyway I do obelieve that Tag has had a great time here in China but again, whowill rescue it? If Photom leads you to believe he is the hero, don't you believe it! ;)

Thanks Bill! Be on the lookout...I will be dropping several in CVC caches this weekend! :huh:

Send a few to me I'll drop them in caches in Missouri. :huh:

I sure would like to have one of those, don't know if I have anything you want. Let me know if a trade is possible. :huh:

Hello,

I just thought you would like to know about a Adventure Quests that The Caching Place is starting. I

played in that last quest and had a lot of fun with it. If you would like to check it out go to

{Link removed by moderator.}

Moderator's note: Please do not link to this offsite commercial game. Thanks!

Edited by Keystone

I'm about to totally give up on travel bugs. I'm sure I won't waste my money on any coins either. People only take and keep or loose my bugs. Only 1 has done well and it's not even the original. Most go to the 1st finder and that's the end of them. Example: 5 mythbusters tags in a race. 3 were taken a month and a half ago and have not yet been placed in a cache. One moved a little bit and only "Adam" has moved a fair amount. That makes 5 that have not been placed by the 1st finders. 1 in a muggled cache before anyone took it. :( So, I'm just wondering. Am I the only one that has this much trouble with them and are they even worth the hassle?

Brute,

We feel pretty much the same way. We have had four TB's; two are AWOL and two are still moving. That indicates we have a 50/50 chance of bad luck. Not exactly encouraging. :(

I'm a little confused! I know the people who go by this name and they don't look like the people in the picture. Is it possible that someone is immitating them as someone imitated me (or should I say implicated me) in the cache napping? :(

Who? Me? I'm a total innocent. I have no idea how I became involved in all this. I think TeflonTom (I really like that name), hung me out to dry! I know he has done some terrible things in the past, and to think he would allow all my friends to think that it was me who cache napped CVC Tag is just appalling! I mean I didn't know it wa possible to sign someone elses name to a find like that :( . Anyway I do obelieve that Tag has had a great time here in China but again, whowill rescue it? If Photom leads you to believe he is the hero, don't you believe it! :P

Oh my. I trained JPD43 - but not for the darkside!! Confucius say (I know because I just got back from China), "He who claims total innocence most likely guilty as hell."

Yes, I did bring poor ole tag home. Yes, I was watching JPD43 the entire China trip - to make sure he didn't sell him for a few Yuangs. The only true innocent of this group was actually RADIKEL!! :(

Edited by Photom

Who? Me? I'm a total innocent. I have no idea how I became involved in all this. I think TeflonTom (I really like that name), hung me out to dry! I know he has done some terrible things in the past, and to think he would allow all my friends to think that it was me who cache napped CVC Tag is just appalling! I mean I didn't know it wa possible to sign someone elses name to a find like that :( . Anyway I do obelieve that Tag has had a great time here in China but again, whowill rescue it? If Photom leads you to believe he is the hero, don't you believe it! :P

Oh my. I trained JPD43 - but not for the darkside!! Confucius say (I know because I just got back from China), "He who claims total innocence most likely guilty as hell."

Yes, I did bring poor ole tag home. Yes, I was watching JPD43 the entire China trip - to make sure he didn't sell him for a few Yuangs. The only true innocent of this group was actually RADIKEL!! :(

Confucious also say, "man with one watch know exactly what time it is. A man with 2 is never quite sure." Wanna buy a Rolex? 3 for 10.00

I'm about to totally give up on travel bugs. I'm sure I won't waste my money on any coins either. People only take and keep or loose my bugs....

We all feel your pain. I know I felt responsible for leaving oe of your TB's in a cache that was muggled after the group left. I'm not sure why, but I feel like it's got to picked up by someone after me or it's my fault.

So here's a solution! Once you have a tracking number (either a Dog Tag or Geocoin), keep the printed item and use the number on anything else. If you already had a trackable item muggled, re-use the number! It's your number. No one said it could only be used on that one printed Tag (or Coin).

With that said, I think I'll drag my muggled TB out of the TB Graveyard. (I'm starting to feel a little better.)

Hang in there Mr. Force. :unsure:

Registration for the 2006 GBES Navigational Rally is now officially open!

It's located out of Carson City, Nevada on June 16 and 17. Anyone interested may contact me (or Skwerl) for the application. This is a fun event, taking the entire weekend. You don't need to race either, because it's a rally.

It requires pacing your vehicle at various average speeds while trying to figure out the right route and keeping up with certain time trials. Going too fast will cost you valued points so this is a skill event. Of course, only vehicles with FWD and a minimal ground clearance are required.

So grab a driver, navigator and 4x4 so you can join in the fun. If you're not into hitting the dusty desert trails, they still need volunteers to help monitor check points and such.

BOY there are some nasty flu viruses going around...We have been out of commission for almost a week now, and it is still lingering! :unsure:

Well we all certainly hope your family all get to feeling better soon. CVC taag should be back and available befor long, and I know how bad you and the Mrs wanted to come to China and find it. :( Get well soon.

BOY there are some nasty flu viruses going around...We have been out of commission for almost a week now, and it is still lingering! :unsure:

Well we all certainly hope your family all get to feeling better soon. CVC taag should be back and available befor long, and I know how bad you and the Mrs wanted to come to China and find it. :huh: Get well soon.

Yes - even CVC Tag has that flu bug as did most of the folks who were on the China trip. (It may be flu, but I put the name "Pollutionitis" on it.) But CVC Tag has been drinking grade "AA" Chinese green tea for the past few days, so he is almost good to go.

I have "just the spot" picked out for him and plan to set him into action sometime tomorrow.

I hope Sanruft and family can beat the farmer so we don't get any more whining about how Tag is supposed to remain withing 10 miles of the farmer's house. :(:D

Hey. Hey. Be kind - or I'll have Tim go over there and share that flu. I can't believe ol' Teflon-Tom takes Tag out of the County, out of the State, out of the Union, into who knows where and everyone's fine with that!?! What have we become?!? Animals!

By the way, Tim. Do you think it's safe for us to be in the forum when you're feeling under the weather. :unsure:

Hey. Hey. Be kind - or I'll have Tim go over there and share that flu. I can't believe ol' Teflon-Tom takes Tag out of the County, out of the State, out of the Union, into who knows where and everyone's fine with that!?! What have we become?!? Animals!

By the way, Tim. Do you think it's safe for us to be in the forum when you're feeling under the weather. :unsure:

I don't think I have a computer "virus"...So it's probably safe :D (Although with as sick as our family has been, I am not confident that it won't travel through the computer!!) :(

I hope CVC Tag didn't bring the bird-flu home with it!!!

By the way, Tim. Do you think it's safe for us to be in the forum when you're feeling under the weather. :D

I don't think I have a computer "virus"...So it's probably safe :D (Although with as sick as our family has been, I am not confident that it won't travel through the computer!!) :D

Tim no breating on the rest of us over here!!!!! And don't aim your flu acoss the street either! :D:)

By the way, Tim. Do you think it's safe for us to be in the forum when you're feeling under the weather. :D

I don't think I have a computer "virus"...So it's probably safe :D (Although with as sick as our family has been, I am not confident that it won't travel through the computer!!) :D

Tim no breating on the rest of us over here!!!!! And don't aim your flu acoss the street either! :D:D

I can barely breathe on my own let alone breathe across the street or through the internet!! Besides Kenny, you would know if the flu made it across the street as this particular virus would have killed all those new plants and lawn over there! :)

Edited by Sanruft

By the way, Tim. Do you think it's safe for us to be in the forum when you're feeling under the weather. :P

I don't think I have a computer "virus"...So it's probably safe B) (Although with as sick as our family has been, I am not confident that it won't travel through the computer!!) :(

Tim no breating on the rest of us over here!!!!! And don't aim your flu acoss the street either! :lol::lol:

I can barely breathe on my own let alone breathe across the street or through the internet!! Besides Kenny, you would know if the flu made it across the street as this particular virus would have killed all those new plants and lawn over there! B)

I definitely don't want that.... those landscapers worked FAR too hard for ti to die this fast! HAHA

I get cement today and then the fence get's put in after that. Then jsut a couple of other minor touches and we will be done with teh yards. then on to the kitchen.

March 31 by Green Achers (676 found)

N 37° 44.106 W 121° 09.900

This doesn't change things... Teflon-Tom is in major trouble for his exploit. Violating any CVC Rule is a most serious matter.

All CVC members should be concerned.

In pursuit of public humiliation (a Chinese tradition) , CVC - including Photom and JPD43 and 2 For The Road (Repeat Offender) - will be meeting at N 38° 04.783 W 121° 16.187 on 4/8/06 at 11am.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHOTOM says..... Uhhh. Is this like a subpoena? Summons? Do we need to report to the court to tell the jury what CVC Tag says about Bill? I hope not as it was real eye-opener to hear what Tag said about his home life!!

Secondarily - Has BOGA disabled MAC?? Are we all now part of CVC? When just a few months ago, we were relegated to "off the earth?!!"

Edited by Photom

BOGA?! That's a good one. Speaking of a good one, nice try on turning this mess around on me. The problem at hand is clearly your little trip to China with CVC Tag!!! Your defence is to dig up other people's past? That's like saying "I didn't do it because O.F. once stole a logbook". I don't think that changes the (ahem) price of tea in China. :laughing:

And who's CMB? Photom's Geo-lawyer? :laughing: Because you're going to need one! ;) See you at the gathering.

BOGA?! That's a good one. Speaking of a good one, nice try on turning this mess around on me. The problem at hand is clearly your little trip to China with CVC Tag!!! Your defence is to dig up other people's past? That's like saying "I didn't do it because O.F. once stole a logbook". I don't think that changes the (ahem) price of tea in China. :D

And who's CMB? Photom's Geo-lawyer? :D Because you're going to need one! :laughing: See you at the gathering.

:D:D Actually I don't have a clue who CMB is! And who says I'm claiming to be innocent?? But when the jury decides on a penalty they will surely consider mitigating evidence! For example, "Who brough Tag home?" and "What did Tag himself have to do with getting into "someones" outbound suitcase?

Do we get a choice of colors for the feathers? :D:ph34r:

BOGA?! That's a good one. Speaking of a good one, nice try on turning this mess around on me. The problem at hand is clearly your little trip to China with CVC Tag!!! Your defence is to dig up other people's past? That's like saying "I didn't do it because O.F. once stole a logbook". I don't think that changes the (ahem) price of tea in China. :)

And who's CMB? Photom's Geo-lawyer? :D Because you're going to need one! :) See you at the gathering.

I agree with the farmer on this one...I remember the log book that was stolen...Photom and company has taken the lead-seat on undermionded stunts lately...I think they will ALL need good geo-lawyers!!! :):D

...Actually I don't have a clue who CMB is!...

Welcome Bud Fox (Geo-Lawyer or mild mannered Geocachers?). Seeing how Bud hasn't found a single cache in his entire 2+ years in Geocaching, I'd bet money that he'd be a better legal defender than a cacher. :) Perhaps it's someone's sock puppet (Teflon-Tom). :)

Welcome Bud Fox (Geo-Lawyer or mild mannered Geocachers?). Seeing how Bud hasn't found a single cache in his entire 2+ years in Geocaching, I'd bet money that he'd be a better legal defender than a cacher. :( Perhaps it's someone's sock puppet (Teflon-Tom). :(

It very well could be...I know others that have "sock-puppet" accounts! :(

Welcome Bud Fox (Geo-Lawyer or mild mannered Geocachers?). Seeing how Bud hasn't found a single cache in his entire 2+ years in Geocaching, I'd bet money that he'd be a better legal defender than a cacher. :( Perhaps it's someone's sock puppet (Teflon-Tom). :(

It very well could be...I know others that have "sock-puppet" accounts! :(

DEfinitely smells like a sock puppet to me... (or is that my gym socks I am smelling? tough to tell anymore!!!)

ON ANOTHER NOTE!!!!!! What is with all of this rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

Welcome Bud Fox (Geo-Lawyer or mild mannered Geocachers?). Seeing how Bud hasn't found a single cache in his entire 2+ years in Geocaching, I'd bet money that he'd be a better legal defender than a cacher. ;) Perhaps it's someone's sock puppet (Teflon-Tom). ;)

It very well could be...I know others that have "sock-puppet" accounts! :mad:

DEfinitely smells like a sock puppet to me... (or is that my gym socks I am smelling? tough to tell anymore!!!)

ON ANOTHER NOTE!!!!!! What is with all of this rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

I don't know but it is ruining my dune buggy weather!! :blink:

You'll get plenty of Dun Buggy time at the GBES Rally. Did you get your race forms in yet?!

No...You had convinced me that it was 4x4 only...I was not confident that the dune buggy would have made it. So it does not appear hat I will be heading that way this year. :ph34r::ph34r: