Eastside cachers

Pepper

quote:
Originally posted by evergreenhiker!:

QAuyside's busy now:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=62083c80-f0d3-4bf9-a8b8-bb31a4b4009e

Looks like a heck of a lot of caches have popped up since I've slowed dwon to set up my big find. Anyhow, I plan to be working very soon thanks to a temp agency and it will be nice to have ones close to home to do.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm glad to hear you've got some work. Maybe this means that the rest of us will be able to catch up to you...certainly we may be able to beat you to a few FTFs. icon_smile.gif

Speaking of firsties -- I haven't seen Bebubo's name in a log for a while. Has anyone heard from him lately? Pepper and I got two FTFs yesterday, both in the late morning hours. We commented that Bebubo must not be around for us to get those...

Cin

woohoo that means mine must be coming soon! Did it come us mail or ups? We moved right after I had sent in the ticket, and I didn't know our new address yet. I'm not too concerned as my bro in law lives at our old address, and we still seem to be getting all our bills.

"Where shall the world be found, where will the word resound? Not here, there is not enough silence." - T.S. Eliot

pdx32.gif

A few cool things about the color SporTrak:

* the buttons are lit up from behind, so you can see them after dark!

* lakes are blue when you have color

* it's a bit smaller than my Platinum, and it fits a little better in the hand

Denali, you should be entered in the drawing as well, correct? You'll have to let us know if you win any of the big prizes. icon_smile.gif

Cin

Would this be a good time to mention that we FINALLY got our Compaq notebook on a highspeed connection? Cacherunner can now log at the same time as I can. How long before she passes me in finds? icon_wink.gif

I DO like setting OziExlorer on the Compaq to communicate with my Legend, to show us exactly where we are in the car at all times, but I have calibrated Topo maps for Vancouver Island and BC mainland only. Does anyone have a jpg or two calibrated for OziExplorer of Washington State, specifically Spokane or Seattle areas? I would be happy to trade my BC maps, calibrated to 1 meter, if anyone's interested.

globe.gif How much intelligence does it take to sneak up on a piece of tupperware?

Absolutely, Moun10bike! However, all of my wonderfully calibrated Topos (1992 NAD27 and NAD 83) are in tif format so far and too large to email. I will burn them to CD's for you. In the meantime, I will scan a Washington state roadmap, just for fun on the trip down and east. Are your maps in jpg format by any chance? I keep meaning to convert mine to jpg so that they take up less hard disk space. Maybe you have a jpg small enough to email of North Seattle where EGH! lives...? icon_biggrin.gif

globe.gif How much intelligence does it take to sneak up on a piece of tupperware?

All of the DRGs are .tif as well. I could save them as .jpg, but maybe it would be easier to burn CDs and ship them to you. If you send me your address, I can do that (email me at jon dot stanley at comcast dot net).

Let me know what coverage you want. How about the I-5 corridor (which would include EGH's home), the I-90 corridor and the areas hit by the Spokane Cache Machine? Anything else?

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Hey, I got my SporTrak Color this week too! The bad thing is that I've been so busy house hunting all week that I haven't had time to play with it icon_frown.gif . Now that I've got an offer in on a little rambler in Des Moines, I think I'll go play so I don't sit here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the phone to ring! Magellan sure does things differently than Garmin; going to take a while to reprogram my brain! Also, I must have $500 worth of mapping software, and I still need to buy more maps for the Magellan. What a roast! Looks like a pretty cool GPSr though; thanks Magellan for the free toy!

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious. -- Oscar Wilde

Donna adn I got back late yesterday from our backpack to Lake Valhalla in Stevens Pass. We hit a few caches afterwards also...got within 15 miles of Leavenworth. That last cache was a DNF in the dark though. Next time! I got my 1000th Cache at Valhalla:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=85833

Weather was terrrible thursday on our way in and we set camp at just at dark, but managed to stay dry enough. The weather kept improving next day and was dry for my big find and the next day was supremely gorgeous. Wanted to stay another day, but had to get back. Boy funny how it can be like middle fall one day and summer the next.

We hit Waterlilly pond cafche on way up for number 999. Great cache spot, but it was raining/very wet so we didn't take any pics for that one. I still had my interview clothes on as I was running late for picking Donna up.

Pack out day: we left Valhalla area around 5 pm I believe and hit a couple of Wenatchee lake caches, Nason Creek Reststop, and the other Wenatchee reststop one we couldnt' find. It was just too dark and we were tired. Great trip overall!

quote:
Originally posted by MarcusArelius:

Congrats on the big 1000!

You sure picked the right day for the weather. I guess you couldn't hold back any longer a wait for St. Helens huh? Now you can go nuts on all the new caches that have been put out since you were setting up for the big find.

Mark

Thanks Mark. Well, Mt. St. Helens cache has disappeared so I decided to put the big number up here. Actually more suitable anyway if you think about it....camping/hiking and enjoying the scenic high Cascades.

I'm going tomorrow to fix EraSeek's cache and the summit if the weather permits. I will not attempt it if it's nasty, but will shoot for the cache regardless of weather. Probably will hit some other caches down there as time allows.

A huge thank you to MA and everybody for the beautiful wooden evergreen tree with all the sigs!!!! I enjoyed reading all the logs and it really moved me that you guys would do this. I can't believe how many nice people and new friends I have made through this very addicting sport! Also thanks to L&R for the wonderful card they left in the cache! See you all out there hopefully sometime soon.

quote:
Originally posted by DenaliNW:

Received the new Color Sportrak last night. My oh my, what fun is this. I'm already way to distracted with this hobby, and I'm certain this new toy isn't going to help any.

Glad that you finally got it! The new toy certainly is cool. Pepper says that the topo maps are awesome with the color display -- I haven't seen them yet.

LucyandRickie, have you received your prize yet?

Cin

quote:
A huge thank you to MA and everybody for the beautiful wooden evergreen tree with all the sigs!!!! I enjoyed reading all the logs and it really moved me that you guys would do this. I can't believe how many nice people and new friends I have made through this very addicting sport! Also thanks to L&R for the wonderful card they left in the cache! See you all out there hopefully sometime soon

Glad you liked it EGH! Hmmm Lucy & Rickie are gettin close too....

Thanks to everyone that stopped by to sign. I posted pictures for those that missed it.

Mark

quote:
Originally posted by MarcusArelius:

quote:
A huge thank you to MA and everybody for the beautiful wooden evergreen tree with all the sigs!!!! I enjoyed reading all the logs and it really moved me that you guys would do this. I can't believe how many nice people and new friends I have made through this very addicting sport! Also thanks to L&R for the wonderful card they left in the cache! See you all out there hopefully sometime soon

Glad you liked it EGH! Hmmm Lucy & Rickie are gettin close too....

Thanks to everyone that stopped by to sign. I posted pictures for those that missed it.

Mark

So is Wienerdog...if fact they are within a few caches of each other

quote:
Originally posted by lucyandrickie:

Got it! Free toys are fun. The maps are really good. It will take me a while yet to know if I switch over to being a Magellan girl. Having fun playing with it.

Magellan? Magellan!!?? Oh L & R, say it isn't so!! Don't turn to the dark side! You can still belong to the Garmin family!

Tongue planted firmly in cheek.

quote:
Originally posted by CachinCin:

I see that fiendorfoe has a new devilish micro within a mile of my house:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=93107

If I weren't still coughing, and it wasn't pouring outside, I'd be there now. icon_frown.gif

Cin

Been there done that left empty handed! tongue.gif

Not that I expected to find it on the first try any ole way.

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Horizontals where it's at!

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

quote:
Originally posted by CachinCin:

I see that fiendorfoe has a new devilish micro within a mile of my house:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=93107

If I weren't still coughing, and it wasn't pouring outside, I'd be there now. icon_frown.gif

Cin

Been there done that left empty handed! tongue.gif

Not that I expected to find it on the first try any ole way.

Pepper

http://www.geocachingwa.org

Went down swinging!

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

OMG what a beautiful day! hmmmm... must cache yes-yes that's the ticket cache on a beautiful day.

Oh happy caching day.

Pepper

http://www.geocachingwa.org

Yep, the weather gods are with us. I'm going backpacking today...gonna crash at the Big Creek bridge adn go for that elusive Dream Lake tomorrow. On the way, I'll grab the Otter Falls cache. There's another one on the Mid Fk road I'll pick up on way home tomorrow. So if we get to the lake, there will be a 5-terrain cache waiting for you all to grab and perhaps a MTB Geocoin.