Eastside cachers

Pepper

quote:
Originally posted by TotemLake:

Sounds quite challenging. Right now I'm trying to crack Paradise Lost bk II l. 1051 by Dr. UFO Koska. I know I had to have my hand within inches of it.

Cheers!

TL

Yeah, I remember that one!!! Boy, I was sooo close to it sooo many times and didn't see it. Thing I like aobut Koska is that he hides things in places with very good signal and his coords are very, very good.

Yah - gleened that much through everything I've read. I tried different perspectives including camera from the bridge, and looking at it from across the slough. Used the compass to zero in on it and watch the danged waypoint circle around me with 3ft accuracy. LOL icon_rolleyes.gif Stood and stared and mused and just merely looked. Found what looks like an illegal fishing snag gear... I keep meaning to take some snips with me to snip the wire and get it out of there. My daghter JuanitaRebel has looked with me, and I've taken my cues from Snickers sniffing around.

I'll get that bad boy figured out yet.

Cheers!

TL

quote:
Originally posted by evergreenhiker!:

quote:
Originally posted by CachinCin:

I see that there are two new exceptionally-tough-to-find caches that have been stumping eastsiders:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=4c128af5-81bb-4776-8d68-a3b671c7a2e3

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b1aa693a-7f6f-4342-a0f3-466b62f0d9e9

Three DNFs from good cachers! Time for some of Miss GoodyTwoShoes' fairy dust. icon_smile.gif

Cin

Yeah, didn't go back today. Decided I needed to give myself some easier caches today by going to Jetty Island. Cool place!!! Got hte 5 over there, but failed on the Beach with a View...that oen is a hard one too.

Miss Goody Two Shoes how about tackling those two tough ones tomorrow? I'm over there again tomorrow and see if I can do better. When MTB and I team up and fail to find two caches in a row, they are TOUGH!!!

Well, well my little darlings. So sweet of you to remember me and my special powers. Cindy you are just a jewel and Johnny my boy, you are such charming little soul.

I was just wondering if either of you recalled when I swept into your caching dreams last night, I told you about my little fairy in training I had going on here????????

Oh, did you forget your dreams last night? Let me remind you my dears! The little fairy....don't make MGTS go Argh! She doesn't like saying that.

Maybe I can email one of you and see if I can't send some other wonderful cacher out to help you!

Now off to bed you go! Think of all the little things you are grateful for today.

Nighty-Night!

XX00XX00

MGTS

Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she'll conquer the world! ~Marilyn Monroe

Hey all. just wrapped up all the Jetty Island caches and I replaced PBJ"s tupperware cache w/ an ammo can for them (PB and Jetty cache).. I thought Miss goody two shoes could use some more good will.

unfortunately my 5y.o. had a seizure while out on the jetty on the beach.. 8minutes. ack.. we got it stopped but darn scary to be stuck on an island with a sick little one.. we got a quick ride in on their little boat. hehe. didn't have to wait. fun hides.

quote:
Originally posted by cooperdog:

Hey all. just wrapped up all the Jetty Island caches and I replaced PBJ"s tupperware cache w/ an ammo can for them (PB and Jetty cache).. I thought Miss goody two shoes could use some more good will.

unfortunately my 5y.o. had a seizure while out on the jetty on the beach.. 8minutes. ack.. we got it stopped but darn scary to be stuck on an island with a sick little one.. we got a quick ride in on their little boat. hehe. didn't have to wait. fun hides.

Man, that's scary. Glad to hear that she's ok.

Thanks Cachincin, We're ok. I've lost count the number of seizures poor Zoe has had. They're never easy and every one is different. She's had one as long as 1hr and 1/2 ... that was scary. we just pray a lot... icon_wink.gif

no prob w/ swithcing out to an ammo can. I had one in the garage collecting dust. it even has a geocaching sticker on it. You should really move the cache to higher ground the next time you're in the area though. You can elect me as an honorary member of the PBB...I sure do love a peanut butter and banana sam itch...

but when you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwitch you've got to put the jelly on the peanut butter or it don't taste as good. serious

Oh Cooperdog,

I'm glad your little one is doing alright now. What a scary thing to happen.

What a nice guy you are to fix up our cache! I'm sure we can make you an honorary member for your contribution. Plus it sounds like you have some different ways of fixing you PB&J. Which makes you fit right in!

AND why don't you come caching with us sometime? We would all like that. Right girls?

Take care now.

Cooperdog I want to say good morning and I truly hope it will be for you and your daughter. I'm sure by now your daugher is fine by now but i'm wondering how the parents are holding up thru this ordeal. If i'm not mistaked hasn't this happen to you before while out caching with little Zoe.

I want to welcom you into the Peanut Butter Brigade as an honorary membeer of the PBB I'm also think we need to add Zoe in with the twins as a PBB in training.

Ya'll done good yesterday fixen up our little cache. Between you EGH it should be in good shape and make it thru the winter, that is after we get it moved to highter ground. It feels good to go out and once in a while and do a good caching deed! The PBB trys to make it happen as often as needed when we visit cache.

Ohh Cindy we have to new members you need to add on to our PBB page!

Tell Zoe the PBB is very proud of her and we look forward to having you join us on a hike real soon.

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Horizontals where it's at!

Thank you all for the kind words of support. Things are back to normal this morning w/ little Zoe.

THanks for the honorary membership in the PBB. Zoe eats Peanut Butter toast three times a day. That's basically all she eats... so she'll fit right in.

I'll eat PB&J's but the jelly has to be spread on to the peanut butter. icon_smile.gif Looking forward to taking the little ones out w/ you gals on a outing.

Did anyone else see this tonight?

2331120_200X150.jpg

I saw a lot of places that were dying for caches. (and probably already had them) Then there was that Olympic Mountain trail that had the view of Vancouver Island, Mt Work and the Gowland Ridge, seen from 30 miles away! TOO kewl!

I also was severely smitten by Mazama Ridge, (Views of Mt. Rainier) and the Park Butte Lookout cache near Mt. Baker.

Park Butte Lookout

These have probably already been discussed here, but I am too lazy to go back and check.

Anybody thought about these ones, or done any of them?

globe.gif How much intelligence does it take to sneak up on a piece of tupperware?

Jon those pics are beautiful, they make me want to leave my yard alone for a day and actually go caching.

It's been days since i've cached and I'm having withdraw.

On the other hand my yard is starting to look sweet!

Hoping to go out there for a while today with Cindy. See ya'll at the Pizza party tonight.

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

[This message was edited by SuperGenius on August 19, 2003 at 08:37 AM.]

Rumor has it that Pepper, Evergreenhiker, and Ms. Wienerdog are off on their own Bremerton Cache Machine -- two days of fun and big numbers!

But some of us have to sit at home and work, rather than be out having fun geocaching. Sigh...classes start next week, and my students expect me to be prepared. icon_frown.gif

At least I get to make my own schedule and leave one (maybe two) days free each week for my obsession. icon_smile.gif

Cin

quote:
Originally posted by MarcusArelius:

Hey EGH, I hope that you found your PDA. We didn't see it at Equestrian Games on the 17th. Did you search your car seat thouroughly icon_wink.gif

Oh and I didn't see any little bells in the bear scat at the Dear Chaser. And it didn't smell like pepper spray either icon_biggrin.gif

Mark

Thanks for keeping an eye out for it. Bear scat bit...funny!

Tough, tough cache that one is! I'm hoping the owners will check on it before long...it's either a super, super devious hide or it's missing. (referring to Deer Chaser)

Hi all! It was great fun meeting evergreenhiker!, Wienerdog, and SuperGenius yesterday at Howe Farm. I hope to run into you all again out there on the trail. Maybe I'll have to find my way over to that side of the water soon. Actually, I'll be in Snoqualmie today and tomorrow. If I can get the rest of my family out and about, I'll do a little caching there. Good hunting! Bruce.

p.s. I've posted a couple pictures on Howe III.

"Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth,

And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..."

EGH, Pepper, and Ms. Weinderdog -- when will we be hearing tales of your daring exploits in Bremerton???

On another note...for anyone who's enjoyed my husband's geocaching CDs (BlankJeff's Mystery CDs #1-6), check out his new radio show. Jeff will be spinning music Monday nights, midnight to 3am, for KBCS 91.3FM. Click through to his website for more information: http://www.lifeinfragments.com/radio.htm. For those of you who aren't nightowls, there will be mp3 versions of the show up for download a day or two after his show.

Sorry for the temporary promotion, but at least it's a non-commercial enterprise. KBCS is a commercial-free, non-profit radio station, staffed primarily by volunteers.

Cin

quote:
Originally posted by Ajetpilot:

Hi all! It was great fun meeting evergreenhiker!, Wienerdog, and SuperGenius yesterday at Howe Farm. I hope to run into you all again out there on the trail. Maybe I'll have to find my way over to that side of the water soon. Actually, I'll be in Snoqualmie today and tomorrow. If I can get the rest of my family out and about, I'll do a little caching there. Good hunting! Bruce.

p.s. I've posted a couple pictures on http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=69112.

"Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth,

And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..."

It was cool to meet you! We all had a great time exploring Howe Farm and it's caches. We'll need to get back to get the ones we didn't get.

quote:
Originally posted by CachinCin:

EGH, Pepper, and Ms. Weinderdog -- when will we be hearing tales of your daring exploits in Bremerton???

Cin

Were Baaack! Oh my gosh we ( EGH, Weinerdog, SuperGenius) had fun the past two days it should be illegal or I should at least be having feeling of guilt for leaving the husband home with the children, Naaahhh! icon_wink.gif

We meet at Weinerdog's house about 5:15AM and hit the first ferry by 6AM-ish from then on it full blown caching! I think Donna and John got 29 on the first day and I got 25. The reason for a difference in numbers was because I was SMART enought to SLEEP at night!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Day two was a bit different coming home with only 12 finds because we ran into a snag at "The Farm" we ate up alot of time there searching for and working 7 multi's at once. It was plane crazy, insane team work and we only walked out of that farm with three finds. We did meet Bruce(Ajetpilot) at local cacher and what a nice guy.

Any ole way I'm sore, tired and happy to be home and still need to log my finds.

Now back to the yard. icon_eek.gif

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:
Originally posted by TotemLake:

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I did too on that Snow Lake / Gem Lake hike today. I won't go into details just now. I'm going to be spending the morning writing up the logs. This will be a two part story.

Cheers!

TL

Hea TL your gonna make us wait till morning? Dohhh! I've been looking forward to hearing all the stories.

I'm sure you need to rest.

AM it is then.

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif