Good adult swag?

Dan2099

I did a quick search and didn't find anything on the subject, but if this has been addressed before forgive me.

I often place or leave swag for kids and a few times for adults but what is considered good swag adult I'm trying to find something in the 5 buck range....I know most people including myself prefer homemade swag but time is an issue for me so it's store bought or nothin.

I like

-LED flashlights (corporate swag style, the better ones are too $$ for usual swag).

-iron on or velcro patches

-small (cheep) tools

For cusotme swag/signature items, I have kept in a little display box (home made geocaching logoed wwooden ladybug on a leaf, custom made sticker, wooden nickle, FTF cards.

Some things I use (most are under a buck or two):

eyeglass repair kits

small flashlights

Individual packets of insect repellent wipes, hand sanitizing wipes or Armor All wipes

fishing tackle (bobbers, packs of snaps, swivels or hooks, lures, etc.)

mini screwdriver sets

emergency rain ponchos

collectible coins

Office supplies like boxes of paper clips, packs of Post Its, etc

whistles

small tape measures

mini first aid kits

CDs and DVDs

Like Brian I also keep a handful of emergency ponchos for trade. They're dirt cheap and can be very useful if you're a couple miles from your car and get caught in a sudden downpour :)

Ross department store is a good place to check out for trade stuff as well. They always have discounted tool sets, flashlights, etc. I saw a Leatherman micra there in the original package for $10 once. Recently I bought a three pack of Columbia LED flashlights for $8.

I did a quick search and didn't find anything on the subject, but if this has been addressed before forgive me.

I often place or leave swag for kids and a few times for adults but what is considered good swag adult I'm trying to find something in the 5 buck range....I know most people including myself prefer homemade swag but time is an issue for me so it's store bought or nothin.

Carabiners.jpg

What I would be interested in. Paracord products-If you make them they could be less than $1 for a keychain or zipper pull.

Flashlights, carabiners, geocaching stuff like stickers tattoos pins coins etc. Flashlights. I am Canadian so anything with the maple leaf catches my eye, along with anything from the City/town I cache in. Although I don't usually take SWAG I will take something interesting.

Inexpensive:

• batteries (in package or plastic bag)
  • deck of playing cards
  • solar calculator
  • dollar coin
  • keyring
  • dog toy
  • pet travel dish
  • hunter orange vest
  • chemical hand warmers
  • used paperback book

More expensive:

• gas card
  • lithium batteries (in pack or platic bag)
  • compass
  • camping supplies
  • guidebook

Matchsafes - these cost $1 at a big box store - up from 86 cents ;-)... + tax of course

Lock and lock brand containers - I buy sets on sale from a big department store (okay, JCPenney). If you're paying attention the set can cost >$2 per container (a 10 container set was selling for $15, that sale ended July 31. They'll run that sale again - all the websites will call this "20 pieces" - lid is once "piece" & bottom is another). I also watch a couple of websites for lock and lock sales. Last year I bought a bunch of little round L&L containers for 35 cents each, delivered. Anytime the little guys hit >$1, I grab a bunch.

I've had patches made, see image below for the current version. These cost me just under .50 each. Search online for places that do embroidered patches. I've had buttons made too. I leave 'em, people take 'em. I see them around on caps and packs too.

25b9bfb3-a49a-4b67-90e6-72d700d59156.jpg

Edited by Isonzo Karst

A double pack of AA batteries always seems to be appreciated by someone. I've gotten several logs from cachers that made a special "thank you" note in their log, because their batteries died just as they found the cache, so the pack I left came in handy.

Target almost always has them in their $1 aisle up front in the store. They may not be the best batteries, but they are good enough to keep you going and to get back to your car!

I have found more dead coroded and very ugly battery AA cells, over good and usefull ones..

so I am sorry, I dont put AA or other cells in caches for that reason,

maybe people think they are left there flat and dead anyway, so they dont take them, while still new and good ?

I rather bring a spare AA set in my own pocket, in case I need them my self.

hey !!

Whistle Survival Kits. The dollar store carries them.

looks like a cheap and good container for a cache ?

rubber gasket and screw on lit.

Matchsafes - these cost $1 at a big box store - up from 86 cents ;-)... + tax of course

Lock and lock brand containers - I buy sets on sale from a big department store (okay, JCPenney). If you're paying attention the set can cost >$2 per container (a 10 container set was selling for $15, that sale ended July 31. They'll run that sale again - all the websites will call this "20 pieces" - lid is once "piece" & bottom is another). I also watch a couple of websites for lock and lock sales. Last year I bought a bunch of little round L&L containers for 35 cents each, delivered. Anytime the little guys hit >$1, I grab a bunch.

I've had patches made, see image below for the current version. These cost me just under .50 each. Search online for places that do embroidered patches. I've had buttons made too. I leave 'em, people take 'em. I see them around on caps and packs too.

25b9bfb3-a49a-4b67-90e6-72d700d59156.jpg

Cool patch, I would definitely trade something for one of those.
LOL thank you for this. I forgot to put one in my back pack. I am also getting personalized poker chips to put in when I find a cache.

Cheep tweezers.

Handy for removing logs from nanos, thorns from fingers and, used regularly, you'll be confident you'll never be caught geocaching with less than perfectly styled eyebrows.

MrsB :D