Types of Members

AneMae

Charter members are those who joined the first year and are still members.

Not quite. They paid for a premium membership during the first year when PM's were available (May 2002 to May 2003), and have maintained that PM status ever since.

Since my moderator account activated in May 2003, I am somewhat of a rare beast: I have two Charter Member accounts. :grin:

Not quite. They paid for a premium membership during the first year when PM's were available (May 2002 to May 2003), and have maintained that PM status ever since.

Since my moderator account activated in May 2003, I am somewhat of a rare beast: I have two Charter Member accounts. :grin:

I don't think that is correct as I think I have been a premium member since March of 03 and am not charter.

I don't think that is correct as I think I have been a premium member since March of 03 and am not charter.

Just like me. When I joined at the end of February 03, Charter Memberships will still available. When I decide to get a premium membership a month later they were not. We may be among the first Premium (as opposed to Charter) members. Keystone should check the date. It was sometime in March not in May.

Edited by tozainamboku

The cut off date for Charter was sometime in March 2003. Not precisely sure when. I do recall reading about it at the time, and thinking I didn't care enough to send money just then - I was thinking we might not last in the game, why spend the $.

I think we paid for PM few months after join date.

I was right re Charter, I don't care ;-) on the other hand, we do seem to still be in the game...

It is possible that your membership lapsed for a short period and you lost your charter status. I know that happened to me when my payment was rejected by Paypal because my credit card had expired. At one time if something like that happened and you wrote to contact@geocaching.com they would restore your charter status. They may still do that.

The cut off date for Charter was sometime in March 2003. Not precisely sure when.

It appears from this thread that Charter Membership started on March 4, 2002. Here is a thread from March 8, 2003 where people complained that because their membership didn't renew automatically, when they did renew, they reverted to Premium Members.

So I'm pretty sure that Charter Membership was only from March 4, 2002 to approx. March 4, 2003, but this post makes me think Charter ended on Feb 4, 2003.

Keystone appears to be an anomaly. :unsure: But we knew that. :laughing:

It is possible that your membership lapsed for a short period and you lost your charter status. I know that happened to me when my payment was rejected by Paypal because my credit card had expired. At one time if something like that happened and you wrote to contact@geocaching.com they would restore your charter status. They may still do that.

Hey Fizzy there is your way in :cool: