COINTEST - An Enduring Love for Geocaching.

EyeD10T

I was going through my coin drawer and one of the coins that I found was the last remaining Antique Silver Enduring Love, "EyeD10T Proof". I decided that this would make a great coin for a cointest.

2404b209-b553-4d30-bd8b-06434ed9967f.jpg?rnd=0.2048558

40d08402-ce1d-47e5-9628-abda3ff88e0a.jpg?rnd=0.672517

The cointest is for you to post a story or a picture explaining why you either:

A. Endure Geocaching

B. Love Geocaching

C. Have an Enduring Love for Geocaching.

Post as often as you like - I will use a random numbers generator to pick the winner. Cointest is open for one week and will end on 1/12/12 at 10:00PM eastern standard time.

Love Geocaching.

When I first heard about geocaching three years ago I was interested in doing it. Fast forward 1 1/2 years and our family went to a geocaching event/meeting at a local pizza place. We all decided that we wanted to give it a shot. We bought a Etrex the next day and our first geocaches were for a geocoin event in the Tri-Cities. We went out to do the same caches a couple of times so the rest of our family (including the In-Laws) could get in on the action. Well, my wife says I am obsessed with it. I would not say obsessed but I am always looking for a reason to go looking for some plastic containers. I check out my previous finds as I drive by to see if someone is looking for them as well. Okay, maybe I am a little obsessed but aren't we all!

:wub: My husband and I have an enduring love for Geocaching! Our wedding was actually a Geocaching Event: http://coord.info/GC1FF4W I started in 2005 and he started shortly after that. We cache every chance we get and plan ALL our trips around caching. Even a trip to Mom's house can't be cache free. She knows that when we are coming down, to expect us to be at least an hour late. This coin would be perfect for us! Hope we win. Thanks for having another cointest! ~Sequoia_2 and Cajancacheman

I love geocaching because it gets the whole family out of the house. last year started badly and carried on the same way. Due to work and very little money we just stayed home and did nothing until I discovered this hobby. We started with just my car's TomTom, then a friend gave us an old GPS, now both my wife and I have smartphones, placed 3 of our own caches, have cached in 4 countries and I'm also designing geocoins all in 8 months. We still are low on the cash front but we now have a reason to go out and have fun without having to spend.

Thanks for the cointest, I love these too as its the chance to win a great coin and the wife is happy that I havent had to buy it, thats if I win of course :P

Good luck to all

Edited by jpbarr

Hello,

I can now say that I have a love for Geocaching, but that was not always the case. Almost two years ago one of my good friends (Vip Adventurers) told me about caching and thought that I should give it a try. Well I must admit that at the time I thought that it was the craziest thing that I had ever heard of. To think; people traveling around searching for plastic containers in the woods, and even worse trying to find teeny tiny containers magnetized to metal structers in the more populated areas. After many times of being prompted to try it, I created a user name and typed in some co-ords into my Tom-Tom car gps and off I went. I was instantly hooked and soon purchased geocaching friendly gpsr. Just the other day I claimed my 1500th find and I can't wait until I get the next 1500.

A friend frim work introduced me to the hobby by way of the iphone app. I was immediatley hooked, and find it very enjoyable to get out and explore new things, and the enviroment. I seem to be the only one in my house with such motivation to go caching, but its what I love to do.

Otherwise, I'm playing video games and just wasting time away. I really enjoy this hobby, and just wished I knew some friends who felt the same. The guy that introduced it to me, seems to have lost interest.

Cant wait to find that next great geocoin!

Happy new year my friend

WOW!! the antique siver with your name?? so it is different than the one I have!!! :)

I love geocaching for many reasons!

see... With geocaching I saw places in my island that I didn't even know that existed!! I visited places that I wouldn't had gone without geocaching for sure! I saw so beautiful places that in some we used to go (2011 was not a very good one... so..we didn't visit any of them...),for picknic etc! :D

in my searches I even found things for my other collections! WWII relics on mountains.. (nothing serious... buttons etc..but.. :) ), coins.. even a banknote in a cache.. that I didn't have! of course I always trade fair! :)

but the main is that I see amazing view, and the miracle of nature in my island! :)

I love geocaching because I met and became friend to many amazing people! I had the chance to met some one then too! :D

Except that... with geocaching I finally found out the answer in a question I had for many years...... "what are these crazy tourists doing here in the middle of nowhere?????" :laughing::laughing: :laughing:

Now I am one of them.... and I love it! :D

By nature i'm a very fickle person. I may only have a mild bit of ADD but for some reason Geocaching has stuck with me. Often i'll latch onto in item or activity for a year at most. Most of the time it will only last about 6 months. But Geocaching has endured. So why has Geocaching become an enduring love in my life? Its very simple. Geocaching keeps me out and about. Every day is a new adventure. There is no end to the adventure since every hunt is different. Best of all this is a hobby that doesn't keep digging into my pocket. An initial start up cost is moderate and you don't need to keep dishing out more money to keep the hobby alive. It is the perfect hobby and there is no reason why anyone shouldn't try it at least once.

My geocaching addiction hit me fast and hit me hard. DD found one listing really close to our house. We head off for it. I'm in flip flops a tank top and shorts, DD has on a sun dress, DS has on shorts and crocs. We get there and figure out it was in the middle of the bushes. We emerged Scratched, bruised, cut, and totally addicted to caching.

From my DH point of view he endures geocaching for the sake of me and DD. Although I will say twice on our 101 day streak when I was unable to take DD out; he did. He knew how important the whole thing was to us. And he did it. So I'm not sure if he is enduring or if he is in cohorts with us . Lol

My father (Hunch Lover) introduced me to geocaching. I took my then 7-year-old son out to look for a couple in our neighborhood, without a GPS, and we were hooked. I started to love the sport even more when he started calling it "Daddy Time." That just melts me.

Now, over 1200 finds later, that son is 10, and his little brother (who was 1 month old when we started), is interested in "finding the cache" as well. It is a great activity to keep me/us outdoors, exploring, away from the tv and videogames, and connecting with each other. For all of these reasons, I love geocaching.

PS...thanx for hte cointest!

an other reason that I love geocaching is.... well it is a little strange.. but by meeting in the forums so great geocachers from other places and by having so much fun in the cointests etc.... I really unrusted my english! i started posting and posting and having fun... so after a long time... (I stoped english lessons back in 1991!), I desided to go and get a certificate in English! all these posts were the reason that I started remembering all the things I learned so...I gave the exams...

the results surprised me... because not only I passed but I had the highest score in whole greece for that season....WOW!

I know that my english are not perfect.. but.. this certificate will definatelly help me in finding a job....

and all that... because of geocaching... ;)

I also love geocaching because it has explanded my horizons. I have found alternate routes to/from work, incase of weather or traffic/accident issues, and I have found new stores/restaurants, and I have found some great hiking trails and parks to take the kids to play in.

Geocaching is a wonderful activity, and I love it!

I also love geocaching because this game takes you to places that you wouldn't visit if you were in vacations etc!

many geocachers choose amazing places, full of history, nature beauty, amazing view etc... and sometimes these places are unknown to travel guides or even to locals.... trust me... I know! :laughing:

Enduring: my daughter and I ran across a challenge of a cache a day for 99 days. Decided we would go for it. By the last ten days we were barely enduring it. The main issue is we started in September in Alberta Canada and finished December 31. We didn't have a lot of hard winter in that time but it wasn't all pleasant either. The bummer of it all is we now cannot locate what challenge it was to find out where to go get our :):(

I love geocaching! From the first time I stumbled across the site, I knew I wanted to try it. I love all the hidden little places that I have found near and far, because of a geocache. I love that it gets me to go outside and maybe take a walk on almost every day. I love the feeling of finding it. I love listening to nature as I cache, and sometimes seeing wildlife or a spectacular view.

On other reason why I love geocaching??? It is a great time for the whole family.... to have fun, play, visit new beautiful places... and be children again... no matter our age! :D it is nice beeing all together like that...

me and my father...logging a cache...

logging.jpg

my mother, my sister and my father trying to make a snowman...

DSC00954.jpg

my brother in law and me...

DSC00951.jpg

and other good is that.... we played with snow... that is extremelly rare in Rhodes!!!! :) so... this was a good change for both geocaching and play with snow... see the snow from close... ;)

I have a great love for geocaching because I have gone to many places and seen so many things that I would never have seen or knew existed. I espicially love the earth caches and many of the virtual caches.

It is so great and to go and visit these historical markers and memorials scattered all around the country. The earth caches are great because it is so interesting to see these places and learn how they were formed and what role they all play in out world and how needed it all is if we are to thrive and survive.

I know I have only been caching for a short time and don't have a lot of finds but just because of this doesn't mean I don't love doing this. It just says I live in a cache poor area and don't have funds for much traveling.

The great thing about Geocaching for me is through my Geocoin addiction :P I have started designing again. Haven't sat down and designed anything for over 7 years now I just can't stop!!! Now I I have the terrible choice.....do I go caching today or save the petrol money to pay for my coins to be minted :blink: AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

My son is entering now. Jr Mikal #1 says, "I love geocaching because it is outside time, and getting you into, like, nature. I also love it because geocaching is like treasure hunting, and treasure hunting is something I love to do, even when it is not caching."

Thanx for the cointest!

I love geocaching because it is a game that respects everyone... and anyone can enjoy it no matter his or her age, no matter if it has special needs, he/she is handycap etc! It is a game that a whole family can enjoy together! This is one of the magic things in the game!

I also love geocaching because it is bringing us closer to nature... by that it actually help us understand and care about things that we didn't care a lot... about nature.. polution... how to keep forests, fields, nature... clean!

with CITO we clean an area and we actually play... we do not see it as a job to do.. but as fun!

With events we learn more things about these things... and we care more... we love nature, trees, plants, animals more...

and I love geocaching because we learn an other serious lesson.... not to give up no matter if you are tired, or if years have passed!

it is an excellent exercise to loose weight too! :D

I also love geocaching for something else too...

because some people are trying to aware others... no matter if they are cachers or not... to be more careful, like the the look twice for bikes, to know what to do and how to be dressed properly...when they are on a bike, where to look and to stay alert on the roads...

to know more about something and actualy help others with the diabetes, or the deaf awarenes projects... and so many other things!

last for now....

I love geocaching because with the geocoins cachers do... we... from other places are learning things about other countries.. about history, we learn even noew words... I didn't know that Noel meant Christmas!! I haven't heard it before!

We can learn about culture, civilixation, and so many other things...and all that... with so much fun!! :D

I love geocaching for so many reasons. One new reason that happened at work recently is that it made me appear pretty smart, and able to thwart someone's attempted mockery.

I am being sent by my company on a trip to Texas next week to train a new group of people. When one of my team members heard about this, he decided to try to be silly, and asked me if I was all packed and ready to go. He asked if I had a GPS so that I would know where to go. When I told him that I already knew the coordinates for the area, he looked at me and said, "Yeah, right." I proceeded to round off coords for near where we work, and then for where I would be going. He looked at me like he didn't believe me at all - not even for a second. I then went to Google Maps and brought up our office. The numbers matched what I had told him. I then moved down to the town in Texas that I mentioned. Again, the numbers matched. He proceeded to apologize for doubting me, and walked away.

You see...he doesn't know about caching, or that I had already scouted out some caches near the hotel. LOL! He probably thinks I know more than I really do! LOL!

Thanx for the cointest!!!

I love Geocaching. I just recently started when my son took the Geocaching merit badge in scouts. It is a great opportunity to get him off of the Xbox and doing something active. His little sister loves to go too. Geocaching gives us a great opportunity to have some fun together. Who doesn't love a treasure hunt. We look forward to a long term love affair with Geocaching.

Thanks for the cointest.

When I first heard about Geocaching it was because of a story on the evening news. One was placed and a muggle saw them place it and called the police because they thought someone planted a bomb. LOL.. I was intrigued but what the cacher had told the news reported and I looked into it and I saw, wow there are caches in my area. I told my daughter about it and she agreed to go with me. Needless to say we didn't find the first few we tried but I didn't give up. I've been caching almost 2 years now, WOW how time passes when your having fun. I have gotten my daughter and caching partner involved, My daughter and her family in the Marine corps stationed in Japan now, my other daughter here in Louisiana (she's still just getting into it with the grandkids and my daughter in Mississippi who's not into it but goes so the kids can go, my sister, my neice, my Mom even and can't leave out my cousin who broke her leg Geocaching. Well needless to say it's become a family affair. I love the hides and all the different containers you can come up with and use. I'm going this next week to start hiding alot of my unique containers so should be lots of fun. Would love to have a coin that I can say represent my Enduring Love of this Sport!! Chelleley

I love geocaching for many more reasons then I will state here but some of them are the great friendly people I meet, the weight I've lost, the places I've seen and learned more about, and the great events that have made me come out of my shell so to speak. Thanks Geocaching I love Ya!!!!!

Love!

Geocaching allows me to get away from the hustle and bustle of the world around me. It gives me a time to commune with God's wonderful creation and gives me time to sort through my thoughts. It has taken me to places that few others get to see. I look forward to taking my son and daughter out caching a bit more with me and explore things together.

The cointest is now over.

I used a random numbers generator to pick the winner. The numbers were from 2 to 47 (I didnt count 1 because it was my post). The winner is post number 26.

0b3cd519-4b09-4bc9-90cb-853b5cbcbd04.jpg?rnd=0.8486837

Congratulations to Fuzziebear3!!for the winning post. Send me your address and I will send the coin off tomorrow!

Thanks everyone for playing - I sure enjoyed reading all of the stories and seeing the pictures.