What is in your Treasure Chest?

I'm very new, only about a month into Geocaching, but I've already started a very very small treasure chest of swag I've found that I really liked and kept. Most the time I leave swag and or my sig item but never take anything.

So that got me wondering. What things do others keep? Do long time cachers have large piles of treasure? hehe Feel free to show of or explain the things you kept.

Since my list is so small and no0bish I'll just type the few items. Hacky sac, rubber frog, Vancouver pin, and a wooden nickel from Czech.

I'm very new, only about a month into Geocaching, but I've already started a very very small treasure chest of swag I've found that I really liked and kept. Most the time I leave swag and or my sig item but never take anything.

So that got me wondering. What things do others keep? Do long time cachers have large piles of treasure? hehe Feel free to show of or explain the things you kept.

Since my list is so small and no0bish I'll just type the few items. Hacky sac, rubber frog, Vancouver pin, and a wooden nickel from Czech.

I will trade for anything. I always leave a sig item or two.

But I generally only collect signature items for keeps. Everything else finds its way back into another cache.

I have a HUGE collection of sig items. I have already packed a very large paramedic's case to over flowing. I can hardly lift it.

some people collect geocoins and trackables :angry:

To clarify... they are not supposed to. But yeah, it does happen, unfortunately!

I think that you will find that swag trading is something of a myth these days amongst experienced cachers. Seems to be something that loses its appeal rather quickly, mostly because there is rarely anything worth trading for after the cache has been out for a while. I do, however, have a travel bug out there that started life as something I traded out from a cache.

I don't collect too many things because then you have to find a spot for it. But the little tykes collect anything that catches their interest...even swag that I have just put in the cache to leave behind <_< I prefer moving TB's and geocoins on their journey and seeing where they've already been.

I'm fairly new myself. I seldom take anything---do enjoy moving the geocoins and TB's though! :) I mostly leave some swag and signature items. I have found a couple of things I liked and turned them into travelbugs. I also traded for a matchbox car at the very first cache I found and have that on my dashboard. I like to trade for signature items, but have only found a few.

I've also found severals caches with a single decorative button (in a plastic baggie) that I have traded for. The first one was a dog bone and my geodog was caching with me that day. I plan on making a photo collage and decorating with the buttons. Will be a great reminder of some of the amazing places geocaching has already taken me!! :D

I leave little things- rarely picking up something- mainly things that well meaning people have given me over the years.

I have a wooden nickel that I've been leaving in caches and I love moving trackables.

Not so much into the swag.

**edit. My treasure box holds my unactivated coins, and a few activated ones. Most of my activated coins are out traveling.

Edited by MooseJawSpruce

c2514804-b3f0-4d51-bc55-3366ece3b6c0.jpg

The more useful treasures, oddly enough, I am using. They are spread all over and I didn't bother gathering them to put in the treasure chest. The movies are in the cabinet, the 2 magnifying loupes are in my work tote, the bandana is in a drawer waiting for a trip, emergency poncho and first aid kit is in the car, multiple key chains organizing keys in a drawer, compasses on my lumbar bags, polished stones in my son's collection, bottle openers in the kitchen and garage, ornament packed with holiday stuff and carabiners absolutely everywhere. One can never have too many carabiners IMO. :)

(edit, because so far the swag hasn't included a spelling dictionary)

Edited by aka Momster

Handmade/handcrafted stuff.

Pin back buttons

I've kept an Marine Corps patch, a laminated card (met the cacher and became friends later), a pathtag (also recently met the cacher, who I also have some interesting common background with. My kids have kept some other small toys and junk (IMO). I would keep unactivated coins, if I ever found one, and use it to track events or something. Mostly I just like to move coins and trackables along. I will add nice toys or useful swag to nice caches, or if the mood strikes me. My most recent purchases were nice card games, magnifying glasses and reusable tote bags with Florida Earth Day theme.

I mainly keep SIG items and things like that. Or things that are just plain odd. But I mainly just drop some swag in a cache and move along. Or trade for swag to put in other caches.

Have been curious though as to how people make their own SIG items. Anyone wanna enlighten me on that.

I've started to find some sig items but not too many. I myself have taken to dropping off signature items (custom Monster Rancher toys I'd loved from years ago) in any cache that'll fit them. I'm running low so soon enough I'll have to find some new signature items. Maybe something handmade or a card...

I mostly love shifting on Trackable items and rarely take any swag, because majority of caches I've found have either junk in them, or stuff I just am not interested in. I have swapped for a few useful things however, such as a magnifying glass (need it these days to read the small numbers on geocoins! :laughing: ). I carry a container filled with swag, which ranges from magnets, carabiners, stickers, decorative pins, beads, etc...no junk and no used rubbish.