Mardi Gras Masquerade Multi Event

avroair

This happened to one of our Netherland coins too. Geoswag sent us replacement stones which you apply with a tiny amount of super glue on a toothpick. Try contacting geoswag directly to see if they can help you out.

Thanks for the info. Email sent to Geoswag.

Geoswag has sent out replacement stones to the hosts who ordered the coin and reported a stone missing. But if you are buying or trading second hand make sure you check the coin when you get it. Once it's in the secondary market it's buyer beware.

Thanks for that Mark (and others) - I must get mine out and check them all over before I start trading them!!

I have replacement gems for the bay area mardi gras coin (the black, red and white one). If you're missing a gem, please let me know and I will happily work something out with you. I tested all the coin gems and reglued any that were loose before I sold them, but it's completely possible I missed some.

I have replacement gems for the bay area mardi gras coin (the black, red and white one). If you're missing a gem, please let me know and I will happily work something out with you. I tested all the coin gems and reglued any that were loose before I sold them, but it's completely possible I missed some.

Thanks for the offer, I will wait to hear from Geoswag and if they deny my request I will contact you. Thanks again

I think someone requested a group photo long ago, so I took one before these go into my binder. It's impossible for my lowly photography skills to do these justice, but here 'tis:

4d92dcbd-f77e-455e-aca1-8a7e2f1b45a6.jpg

AE (a.k.a. Portugal, Ronaldo) / Geoswag public / Geoswag Club

CA Bay Area / Carolinas / MI ver.1 / MI ver. 2

MN / NY / Pittsburgh

TX / UT / Seattle / WA

Cologne, Germany--GC colors / Cologne, Germany--red & white / the Netherlands

I still have some large and small blue sapphire gems. Those were in a few of the versions. So I might be able to help someone out.

Here are the pictures of the masks that I need stones for. I think I only need one blue but I really do not know what the colors are.

stones

It looks like one of the small black gems is missing from the Bay Area version, or is that glare? (the rightmost one)

I still have some large and small blue sapphire gems. Those were in a few of the versions. So I might be able to help someone out.

Here are the pictures of the masks that I need stones for. I think I only need one blue but I really do not know what the colors are.

stones

It looks like one of the small black gems is missing from the Bay Area version, or is that glare? (the rightmost one)

I used a loop and it looks like all of the outer holes are painted black, only one stone in it.

stones

I used a loop and it looks like all of the outer holes are painted black, only one stone in it.

I don't have very good eyes anymore so I had my wife check, They are all black gems and they are all there.

I don't have very good eyes anymore so I had my wife check, They are all black gems and they are all there.

Oh phew!! I about had a heart attack :laughing:

Geoswag sent me an email and said they were out of gems. So I guess I need a large blue and a small red and whatever the New York big gem is. What would I need to do to get the big blue?

I think someone requested a group photo long ago, so I took one before these go into my binder. It's impossible for my lowly photography skills to do these justice, but here 'tis:

4d92dcbd-f77e-455e-aca1-8a7e2f1b45a6.jpg

AE (a.k.a. Portugal, Ronaldo) / Geoswag public / Geoswag Club

CA Bay Area / Carolinas / MI ver.1 / MI ver. 2

MN / NY / Pittsburgh

TX / UT / Seattle / WA

Cologne, Germany--GC colors / Cologne, Germany--red & white / the Netherlands

Aren't you missing some of the ones listed pictured in the OP's photo? One that's all black and one that's red/black but with a white face??

How many are there in total???

The Venetian Mask - Cinco De Mayo version is now available at geoswag on the presales page. :lol:

Like she said. ;) Available as singles or in a cheap trackables grab bag.

LOL, so there really was a Cinco de Mayo version.

Singles are sold out. I had to buy the 2-coin grab bag to get one.

Got one as part of a grab bag... wonder how many of this version there were to have sold so quickly?

I believe 150 were minted. 55 are in each grab bag, I will try and find out the actual numbers.

Ooooo if there are 55 in EACH grab bag then they are a great deal! I'd better go grab some. ;)

Got one as part of a grab bag... wonder how many of this version there were to have sold so quickly?

I believe 150 were minted. 55 are in each grab bag, I will try and find out the actual numbers.

Ooooo if there are 55 in EACH grab bag then they are a great deal! I'd better go grab some. ;)

LMAO... me too!!! So glad someone posted in here about them else I might have missed out!

There must have been more than 55 put into grab bags as there are over 60 grab bags left (62 "Fiesta" or "Cinco De Mayo" Grab Bags to be precise), and we know a number of people have bought the grab bags already.

May be the individuals sold so quickly as the majority of the 150 were in grab bags - or split 50/50?

Will there be a remint of this version?

Edited by keewee

<insert soapbox>

sorry, can't seem to follow the crowd on this one...I'm not sure I agree with the way geoswag is trying to sell these.

Quite frankly, if this is their new sales tactic to dump a bunch of coins they can't sell by offering them through a "grab bag" featuring a new coin they know will sell, then I will be purchasing less and less from them... I only want the two coins that are the headline feature of each grab bag, but I'm not going to pay for 4 extra coins I don't want to get them just because I was sleeping and not fast enough for the sale of the individual coins.

sorry, it just rubbed me the wrong way when I see I can still get them but it'll cost me an extra $25... not before coffee it doesn't! ... think I'll save my $ for the next coin sale...

<remove soapbox>

...back to your regular ooooohhh's and aaaaaawwwww's

Quite frankly, if this is their new sales tactic to dump a bunch of coins they can't sell by offering them through a "grab bag" featuring a new coin they know will sell

The grab bag I bought was only $3 or so more than the mask coin by itself. Considering how expensive the international singles were to purchase from those web stores (I think the Dutch one was like $19 plus shipping in the end), I'd say this was fairly priced.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Quite frankly, if this is their new sales tactic to dump a bunch of coins they can't sell by offering them through a "grab bag" featuring a new coin they know will sell

The grab bag I bought was only $3 or so more than the mask coin by itself. Considering how expensive the international singles were to purchase from those web stores (I think the Dutch one was like $19 plus shipping in the end), I'd say this was fairly priced.

$3... come on, you're kidding right? ...are you sure we were both looking at the same site? by the time I had bought both grab bags(one was for 2 extra trackables because the smaller bags were gone(go figure)) and with the extra shipping involved would have been just shy of an extra $25 I wasn't willing to spend

$19....that's probably the reason I don't buy many coins from overseas sites either... my loss I'm sure, but I don't have a desire anymore to get every version...

I would have been fine with ordering the two coins I wanted, and I would have been fine if I missed the sale, (which I did) what rubbed me wrong was the whole "...you can still get them, but it will cost you extra" deal by having to purchase extra coins I may already have or don't care for... I guess it's the sales tactic I don't agree with... It comes across to me as they have alot of coins they can't sell, so they hide them behind a brown paper wrapper and make it sound as if they are doing you a great service by offering you what you want, but you have to buy things you don't want to get them.

Why not just discount the coins they are looking to dump with an "inventory closeout sale" or something of the sorts...

I would hate for sales tactics like this to be used in other areas.... well, I'll sell you some tires, but you've got to buy the truck to go with it.... or I'll sell you some furniture, but you've got to buy the house too... next fast food joints won't sell you a burger unless you buy the cow...

sorry, like I said, I don't agree with the sales tactic... but it is what it is, and it's their product to sell as they want... but on the same note, it's my money and I can spend it as I want...

as the old saying goes, you can't please them all...well, I'm one of them this time around. If this is going to become a common practice to sell coins this way, then I'll be saving myself alot of money.

...just my .02 worth on the gorilla sales tactic... some may not agree, but I'm entitled to my opinion...

sorry, can't seem to follow the crowd on this one...I'm not sure I agree with the way geoswag is trying to sell these.

I only want the two coins that are the headline feature of each grab bag, but I'm not going to pay for 4 extra coins I don't want to get them just because I was sleeping and not fast enough for the sale of the individual coins.

That was not the intent. It was more to do with going with a "5" theme for Cinco De Mayo. Oakcoins thought that a 5 coin grab bag would be too spendy. So they did a 3 coin and a 2 coin option, 55 grab bags of each. Then sell the left over coins since they ordered 150. The subtlety of this was no doubt lost.

The Summer Solstice will be sold individually.

I will have a couple extra Cinco De Mayo's to trade for any of the masks we are still seeking: Pittsburgh, Carolina, Ronaldo, and BOTH Seattle Versions. Hopefully someone out there has some to spare :)

edited: to correct have to "will have" when they arrive in the mail!

Edited by the4dirtydogs

Have to say that I found the pricing of the grab bags to not be too bad at all - it only added a few more dollars to my order, and very little additional shipping! I got a couple in the end (so yes, I will have a spare Cinco De Mayo Masquerade coin to trade - preference is to trade for one of the black/red/white California coins if anyone has a spare).

Sold Out :(

Anyone grab an extra??

There are still 13 "Cinco De Mayo" Grab Bags, but everything else is sold out.

WHAT!?!? The site told me they were sold out!! :cry:

The singles were no longer even listed. I tried to buy the grab bags but it told me that they were no longer available (either).

AAHH!!!!

Anyone have an extra mask?? The only mask I have to trade is the Geoswag version (Blue/white). I have some other traders as well. I would also be willing to buy! PLEASE E-mail me!! (PMs are not received)

Please!

Sold Out :(

Anyone grab an extra??

There are still 13 "Cinco De Mayo" Grab Bags, but everything else is sold out.

WHAT!?!? The site told me they were sold out!! :cry:

The singles were no longer even listed. I tried to buy the grab bags but it told me that they were no longer available (either).

AAHH!!!!

Anyone have an extra mask?? The only mask I have to trade is the Geoswag version (Blue/white). I have some other traders as well. I would also be willing to buy! PLEASE E-mail me!! (PMs are not received)

Please!

Got my three coin grab bag with the cinco coin. What a disappointment, The Cinco coin is ok but the other two coins were micros. Never again will I buy a grab bag from them.

I only bought one cinco de mayo coin as to not seem greedy! I bought it in a grab bag set...didn't seem to be a problem paying more for a few other "cheapy" coins, cuz those coins were still less than their normal sale price; and either I'll give them out as door prizes at our next event or I'll set them free to travel--where they'll probably end up muggled any way....

there are two cinco de mayo versions for sale on ebay...just so you know.

Edited by rhodesisland

I only bought one cinco de mayo coin as to not seem greedy! I bought it in a grab bag set...didn't seem to be a problem paying more for a few other "cheapy" coins, cuz those coins were still less than their normal sale price; and either I'll give them out as door prizes at our next event or I'll set them free to travel--where they'll probably end up muggled any way....

there are two cinco de mayo versions for sale on ebay...just so you know.

One Cinco De Mayo coin is mine and more Venetians will follow. Last month I went crazy on this series. Well life has taken an unexpected positive turn and I now need the extra funds. I will be posting most of my Mardi Gras Masquerade collection on ebay and only keeping a few of my favs.

<<< Slic >>>

I have tracked down a picture w/ name for each coin finally! Now to get them all!! 7 in hand; 3 on the way; 8 more to find!! :D

If you don`t have the Germany "red and white" one, please contact me. The GC-Color one I could see activated in your profile.

longtomsilver, I do not yet have the r/w Germany coin. I've sent you an email! Let's see what deal we can make! thanks! :D

I have tracked down a picture w/ name for each coin finally! Now to get them all!! 7 in hand; 3 on the way; 8 more to find!! :D

If you don`t have the Germany "red and white" one, please contact me. The GC-Color one I could see activated in your profile.

longtomsilver, I do not yet have the r/w Germany coin. I've sent you an email! Let's see what deal we can make! thanks! :D

everything worked fine, thanks

Edited by longtomsilver