Ideas for cache containers.

I am looking for ideas for cache containers....not tupperware :laughing:

I want something plastic with a screw lid maybe about half the size of a can of pop, like the fruit containers folks were using a while ago but smaller..

I have had a good look around the supermarkets but most containers are glass which is obviously no good, it would have to be a container where we would use the contents too as I need a few.. :rolleyes:

So, half the size of a can of pop, plastic and a screw lid, any ideas?

Mandy ;)

What about a round wee lock n lock? (or does it need to be screwtop?)

I have spent a stupid amount of money on plastic lately Sue, I was looking for something I could buy/use/reuse with a screw lid and waterproof kinda thing :laughing:

Can't say too much but you should have an idea ;)

M :wub:

Ahh, but all those pots of wrinkle cream gonna cost more than those small 3 for £1 lock boxes!! :rolleyes:

I was gonna say depends how fast you get through all that cream, but I wouldn't dare!! :)

Or there's always .................

denture-box.JPG

Edited by perth pathfinders

What about a round wee lock n lock? (or does it need to be screwtop?)

I have spent a stupid amount of money on plastic lately Sue, I was looking for something I could buy/use/reuse with a screw lid and waterproof kinda thing :laughing:

Can't say too much but you should have an idea :)

M :D

Ahh, but all those pots of wrinkle cream gonna cost more than those small 3 for £1 lock boxes!! ;)

I was gonna say depends how fast you get through all that cream, but I wouldn't dare!! :wub:

Or there's always .................

denture-box.JPG

Theres some bliddy cheeky buggas on here :rolleyes::D:D

PS keep sending me those wrinkle cream pots Sue :D

M :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

I am looking for ideas for cache containers....not tupperware :laughing:

I want something plastic with a screw lid maybe about half the size of a can of pop, like the fruit containers folks were using a while ago but smaller..

I have had a good look around the supermarkets but most containers are glass which is obviously no good, it would have to be a container where we would use the contents too as I need a few.. :)

So, half the size of a can of pop, plastic and a screw lid, any ideas?

Mandy :lol:

I purchased (what i think may be similar to what you are describing?) from Ebay (50 for £11)

They were from a lab supplier .... just trying to find a link for you.

They are plastic, have a seal around the lid and about half the size of a pop can.

I will be back!

PS keep sending me those wrinkle cream pots Sue :laughing:

M :lol:

Thought you wanted wee pots, not my gallon sized drums!! :)

Why not use a variety of containers and sizes, give people a laugh as to what you have used, rather than making them all identical? Request a variety to be handed in at the next event you go to?

(Mandy rushes to kitchen and bathroom cupboards and empties everything into bags).

Some may not be totally waterproof so will need wee zip bags for the log books - and before you ask - Fleabay!! Just don't put the pencil inside the bag, as the point pierces it!

(I have had reports of people pouring water out of so called airtight boxes, but they have said the log was dry due to being in a bag - so they are worth it!)

:lol::lol:

Some good ideas, keep them coming :)

I want something I can put at least a couple of small swaps in as I know kids like to find "treasure" that was the only way we got our boys to cache with us when they were little...and we need to keep the kids happy so we enjoy our caching :lol:

I wonder if we could use a 100+ bottles of Ovaltine :laughing:

M :lol:

Mandy, If your local Geocachers want to see your new 50+ series go out for them to enjoy, perhaps then ask them for donations of Ovaltine, Chocolate Highlight Containers, Plastic Fruit jars etc, etc and to bring them along to the next event in your area for you! Labels removed and washed out of course! :laughing::)