COINTEST...

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I do not remember if that was a cointest or not....

But DJJROCK asked us to post our favorite songs that we would love to hear during geocaching.... then he made an excellent CD for us! :laughing: do you remember? :unsure:

In case this was not a cointest you can also remember his cointest when we were posting photos we took.... B)

How about one of the cointests I've held in these forums.

I used the cointest as a way of finding-out how to do something I was having trouble with.

One day I noticed one of the quotes in my signature line below had a wrong word in it. I could change it in my account but it would not update in the forums. So the cointest - I asked for someone to indentify the incorrect word and how I could update my signature line. The answer took 6 minutes and geocacher Howlingmoon won one of my personal geocoins.

Do a forum search for the name "Sagan" and you'll find the cointest. Again, yes I'm bad at links. Maybe another cointest to find the answer?

:unsure:

Magnetic poetry was fun. I still have the magnets on my refrigerator. My grandson and I like to make sentences from them.

That was a fantastic summer for me. I had sooo much fun making up games for everyone to play. There had been a special batch of "Birds of a Feather" Coins(I guess that would be my first coin desigh, if picking colors counts) made just to hand out as Cointest prizes. Haha, I still have a few of those, maybe I should use them as the prizes for this one. Thanks for the memories.

How about one of the cointests I've held in these forums.

I used the cointest as a way of finding-out how to do something I was having trouble with.

One day I noticed one of the quotes in my signature line below had a wrong word in it. I could change it in my account but it would not update in the forums. So the cointest - I asked for someone to indentify the incorrect word and how I could update my signature line. The answer took 6 minutes and geocacher Howlingmoon won one of my personal geocoins.

Do a forum search for the name "Sagan" and you'll find the cointest. Again, yes I'm bad at links. Maybe another cointest to find the answer?

:D

That is creative and fun!

Hi every one i have only ever entered 2 contests (this one is the third) here is the story of one.

It was for a group of small, lonely and not extremely active geocachers to have a chance to win a few coins.

it was in the middle of a farm near my home town. i met there with the other 10 or 11 geocachers and we all sat down on weird looking benches in the middle of a lot and i mean a lot of wheat. then we waited and waited and a hummer came along. it was massive and had like 3 TB on the back window. a man who was the father of a geocacher (had nothing to do with geocaching) came a gave each team a camera. then we had 1 week to but together a 5 to 10 min video on geocaching finding. it wasn't any geocaching it had to be DNF's!

so off i set with my friend Felipe and we went geocaching while he filmed. we tried the harder ones and we could find them all. then at home i said! "hey Felipe how about we try small, 1/T and 1/D to see. maybe we wont find them..." for a second he said: "in that case why don't we just cheat and say we didn't find them" i being a well grown up man, thought twice and said "no". we went of to find the easy caches and guess what... 4DNF's in one day! we filmed it all and then; on sunday morning we went to meet the hummer again!

there it was and this time the Geocacher was inside but we couldn't see him.

He had a computer and while we where having a pick-nic he had a look at the videos! at the end a blond dude who looked like justin beber said the winers of the first geocoin where us!

Felipe looked at me and i almost fainted.

so we one by DNF's that where easy... :D

thats my 1st story!

gui look

my 2nd story was neer my home town aswell but it was very small and only plusised by e-mail but it was just the same as someone else posted!

I also entered the pocker challenge cointest and won some stuf but lost mostly everything (everything i had won).

i think someone else posed a link!

Gui look

Hi every one i have only ever entered 2 contests (this one is the third) here is the story of one.

It was for a group of small, lonely and not extremely active geocachers to have a chance to win a few coins.

it was in the middle of a farm near my home town. i met there with the other 10 or 11 geocachers and we all sat down on weird looking benches in the middle of a lot and i mean a lot of wheat. then we waited and waited and a hummer came along. it was massive and had like 3 TB on the back window. a man who was the father of a geocacher (had nothing to do with geocaching) came a gave each team a camera. then we had 1 week to but together a 5 to 10 min video on geocaching finding. it wasn't any geocaching it had to be DNF's!

so off i set with my friend Felipe and we went geocaching while he filmed. we tried the harder ones and we could find them all. then at home i said! "hey Felipe how about we try small, 1/T and 1/D to see. maybe we wont find them..." for a second he said: "in that case why don't we just cheat and say we didn't find them" i being a well grown up man, thought twice and said "no". we went of to find the easy caches and guess what... 4DNF's in one day! we filmed it all and then; on sunday morning we went to meet the hummer again!

there it was and this time the Geocacher was inside but we couldn't see him.

He had a computer and while we where having a pick-nic he had a look at the videos! at the end a blond dude who looked like justin beber said the winers of the first geocoin where us!

Felipe looked at me and i almost fainted.

so we one by DNF's that where easy... ;)

thats my 1st story!

gui look

Oh, wow. Now that's a very interesting story.

Another one that I didn't participate in, but based on the 23 pages that it took up, it must have been fun for those that did:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=188507&hl=

Oh, great! Another thread I'm going to spend hours reading!! :antenna:

Edited by PrashadFamily

I just remembered last night...

i was involved in another cointest...

i was a judge. i was invited to be a judge of best pieces of art during geocaching!

This was right at the beginning. there was a cointest where people from around the world that do FLL (First Lego League) could enter a competition. they had to go out geocaching and make a piece of art out of lego pieces. they had a box full of lego and people came along found that specific geocache and then had to make an art piece out of lego. my job was see the final art and rate it!

i remember that i voted the best mark on one an old man made that illustrated the whole scene of the "event"!

im not shore if it was recognized as an event. if so i cant find a link but here is a link for the geocache they had to illustrate.

so there you go my 3rd participation in a cointest!

im starting to remember another one but i cant remember the details so il post it later!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...1b-a27284ece368

thanks

Gui look

MrBrian held a cointest some time ago where he showed a picture of a glass milk jug full of golf balls, you had to guess how many golf balls were in it. I guessed 84. I won.

I'm usually not very good at guessing games like that. I just got lucky I guess. :huh:

(It's taking forever to get to 150 posts, isn't it?)

:) seekerfamily is making some amazing cointest when we try to find scores etc of games!

Right now they have one for the 9th week of american football! I am participating too even if I do not know a lot about this game!

I know that a guy is passing the strange shaped ball to an other player who is behind him, by having the ball between his feet.. the other guy is making a long pass to a player who is running, and when he catches the ball he is the target for the other team! they start chasing him and they are trying to kill him! when they caught him they thow him down and all are siting on him just in case he is still breathing! :rolleyes:

With all that... I actually won once!!! I was only 2 points off from the exact score if I remember well! :D the thing I surelly remember is the post of Odyssey Voyager talking about apocalypse and that if a greek guy find the score of an american football game.... they apocalypse is coming! ;)

:) seekerfamily is making some amazing cointest when we try to find scores etc of games!

Right now they have one for the 9th week of american football! I am participating too even if I do not know a lot about this game!

I know that a guy is passing the strange shaped ball to an other player who is behind him, by having the ball between his feet.. the other guy is making a long pass to a player who is running, and when he catches the ball he is the target for the other team! they start chasing him and they are trying to kill him! when they caught him they thow him down and all are siting on him just in case he is still breathing! :rolleyes:

With all that... I actually won once!!! I was only 2 points off from the exact score if I remember well! :D the thing I surelly remember is the post of Odyssey Voyager talking about apocalypse and that if a greek guy find the score of an american football game.... they apocalypse is coming! ;)

Haha, Nikos, you are so funny...BTW, I found 12 more star notes, two consecutive sets of 6!! I'll be in touch about maybe another trade.

Someone had a cointest over the summer that you had to make a chronological history of civilization by using geocoins. GATOULIS did an excellent job with quite a few pictures of coins. Excellent cointest.

YES!!! ;) wow! how did I forgot this amazing cointest!!! I think Avroair made this cointest!

It was such a great one! I really really enjoyed participating!! I worked a lot to find the right coins for the right things I wanted to put.... At first I had a list of 100 coins but I thought they were too many so I only posted... 63! :)

Thank you my friend for the kind words1 :D

hmm... I have to search for the link.... I do not think the photos will still be there... at least in my posts, but..

if I find it.. I will edit this post if that is ok! :rolleyes:

Someone had a cointest over the summer that you had to make a chronological history of civilization by using geocoins. GATOULIS did an excellent job with quite a few pictures of coins. Excellent cointest.

Omg, I LOVED reading this one SO much. Such creativity in that cointest - I would have had a hard time picking the winner!!