COINTEST...

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

kini_ont also had a cointest about the local 10 years event. It was very cool to use Google Earth to get the answers to that one.

Oh yeah

i helped a friend geocacher get that. we had so mutch fun using google maps aswell! the event was realy well put up. i hope i can enter the actual cointest next time! well not quite 10 years but maby 20 years...

hehe cant wait!

gui look

WINNER

Post # 64

Please send me your address!!

For any of you who have seen or own any of Crake's "12 Days of Caching" geocoins, I won a cointest when I had the winning phrase for what the 12th day would mean. It was "12 satellites tracking". It's been used on all 3 versions of the coin. I won a set of the first version, which was actually four coins in one.

I hope Crake does a new version for the holidays this year.

:D

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

WINNER

Post # 109

Haha, It's been a while, so I no longer have yours memorized!!

one of the greatest cointests ever! This was a huge thread with many cointests inside, It probably holds the record in geocoins participating, and it was with a great message ...to spread bike awareness and for a great reason.... in the loving memory of Tod Phillips!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=201853&hl=

WINNER

Post # 2

Since this was not an entry, you may pick another winner if you like. BTW...I'm embarassed to say, I still have two of Kathy's Coins to use as prizes for TWR, I really dropped the ball on that. I have not forgotten though.

Not an entry, but one of my favorite cointests:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=233154&hl=

I enjoyed putting together my entry, and viewing all the others!

ILYK

Oops...

Duplicate Random Number...64

Sorry, Only one prize.

WINNER

Post # 64

For any of you who have seen or own any of Crake's "12 Days of Caching" geocoins, I won a cointest when I had the winning phrase for what the 12th day would mean. It was "12 satellites tracking". It's been used on all 3 versions of the coin. I won a set of the first version, which was actually four coins in one.

I hope Crake does a new version for the holidays this year.

:D

WINNER

Post # 91

Ok... there is a game that I didn;t know until I received 2 card for it! I had never played and now I love it so much... even if I am always a number off...

No, not a cointest in this forum, but the prices of the game are TB's, coins etc!

I am talking about your Bingo game Robert! :D I accidenlty found a game in the net and I am playing... waiting for your next numbers, or the new game to start! :D

so what hapens to the geocachers who won twice?

if they can only get one you should take 2 more nº out of the hat!

Actually, he doesn't have to. He drew 6 numbers, and the original post for the cointest stated:

This will be a random draw for a few coins, maybe 3 or 5 prizes.

He drew six numbers, and gave 5 prizes. It's all good.

Robert actually picked #64 twice! that is why he said... only one coin... I believe!

If there was an other number and slowdownracer had it he would be winner too... but with the same number he can only win once!

As I saw... I was quite lucky in this one! :D WOW!!! Congrats to all winners!! :P

Robert... do you have my address or I shall send it to you? :blink:

While I was reading the posts I saw that robert has some Star notes!!! WOW! :D

I am missing some dates in the 1 and 2$ but I am wondering... if star notes are easy for you to find... can you also find a web press note? do you know how to identify this one? :D

Actually, he doesn't have to. He drew 6 numbers, and the original post for the cointest stated:

This will be a random draw for a few coins, maybe 3 or 5 prizes.

He drew six numbers, and gave 5 prizes. It's all good.

Yep, I always draw extra numbers because I know that some are likely to get discarded(If one happens to be my own post or something) In this case, the one number that was drawn twice is only good for one prize, but the other double winner was drawn for two sepperate posts.

Robert actually picked #64 twice! that is why he said... only one coin... I believe!

If there was an other number and slowdownracer had it he would be winner too... but with the same number he can only win once!

As I saw... I was quite lucky in this one! :D WOW!!! Congrats to all winners!! :P

Robert... do you have my address or I shall send it to you? :blink:

While I was reading the posts I saw that robert has some Star notes!!! WOW! :D

I am missing some dates in the 1 and 2$ but I am wondering... if star notes are easy for you to find... can you also find a web press note? do you know how to identify this one? :D

Nikos, The star notes I have are from what I saved years ago, not new ones that I have found. Are "web press notes" the ones that are printed on creased paper? Those will be very hard to find, since they are usually pulled out and replaced with the star notes, so any place that I find star notes, the real defects have already been removed.

:blink: web notes are experimental prints! they were out in circulation as normal banknotes, but I do not know if they are easy or not to find them...

they were out in the series of : 1988A, in 1993 and in 1995, with the other normal ones...

here is more info to identify them from the others... :D

http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/webs.html

From normal dates, I am missing the series of 1$ of 2009, 1981A, 1977

from 2$ bills I am missing the series of 2003A, 2003 and 1995 and the older version that had the building... I think it is a red seal note!

So I am missing a lot.. but I have time to find them... :D They are all legal tender so... ;)

there were other experimental notes out too! In the series of 1977A, the notes with the serial number E7880001H until the E80640000H were printed in were printed on Natick test paper! :D I have no idea about this notes too!

You see.... some notes that are passing from your hands are not like the others... :)

there are also some notes that are called mules but I still do not know how to identify them! :P they have to do with the plate numbers....

Edited by GATOULIS

Hey !!! It's been a busy week and I just now got a chance to check back in.

Holy crap !!! I won something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad I checked-in. I almost forgot about it.

Congrats to all the other winners. A special shout-out to my friend Gatoulis of Rhodes - We both won something !!!

And thanks to WRITE SHOP ROBERT for a great cointest. A nice little side trip down memory lane to break-up the monotony of work. I'll get an e-mail with my addrees to you promptly.

Awesome !!! B)