How do you log those LPC?

EVIL Ninjection

First of all a LPC stands for Lamp Post Cache for all those newbies out there. I usually log something like 'easy find' but needless to say that's BORING! Any others ways to log those gosh-darn unoriginal geocaches!

How about

Great parking lot looks like Warm-Mix Asphalt application.

The lines appear to be painted with a Rollmaster Paint Line Striper 4" Wide Line

Model # T9A239823 using Aervoe White Supreme striping paint.

I’ts a shame I didn’t pack a picnic lunch or I would have stayed a bit longer.

Even when the cache isn't particularly memorable, I usually write something about my trip (even if it's just "this was at the top of my 'nearest to home' list") and what I did with my trackable sig token (either left it in the cache, or kept it moving if the cache is too small).

Edited by niraD

We don't usually do those unless we need something at a nearby store, so I generally talk about our purchase.

Here's the one I wrote for the last LPC that we did:

"We were looking forward to a little shopping at Cabela's while we waited for our daughter to finish her end-of-the-school-year duties today. We had a lot of fun looking around and left with a lid-lifter and lid rest for our dutch oven. We're looking forward to some good camp food soon!

And, what good fortune! A cache here for us to find as well! I thought your note at the end of your description told us that it wasn't hidden this way (Now that I have re-read, I see that is not true.), so this took longer than it should have as we looked at other things very carefully. Before we left, we thought we had better check, and there it was! Thanks for the cache. Printess Caroline and CJM55"

I try to write something about the whole experience, unless I've just done so many of the same that they all run together in my mind>

Here are a few of my "best":

Rode my bike over to get this one this evening; when I got there I realized I didn't have it loaded in my GPSr. But I had looked at the Google map and I remembered the clue, so I was able to find it. Wished I had brought some small trinkets along because there were only two items in the cache. TFTC

First went to find it after work on Tuesday; figured out where it was, but there was a homeless (apparently) guy hanging around the vicinity; tried to park my car so it was between him and the cache location, but that didn't work. So I left and came back yesterday after work; he was there again, so I left again. Came back today on my lunch break; nobody around, so I found it, signed it, replaced it. TFTC

This one was a GRC:

Took an interesting route to get to this cache, involving W 8th St from Main, then 9th, then back to 8th and finally to Ysidro Ave. TFTC

Nancy

I write a short note about stopping by for the quick (hopefully) hunt. Or I mention that I had to wait 10 minutes to return the container when someone stopped for a smoke or some such. I try not to do snarky.

Me too - my logs tell the story of my caches or day or whatever.

Side Bar,

Was out on the ET Trail for the past few days and the talk turned to LPC's

But we all remembered our first LPC find and how exciting it was and how clever we thought the owner was. Now, we are likely to pass on an LPC, however.

After a mind numbing 513 caches this past few days ( yes we quit before finding all 1,073 of the ET related caches ) we found ourselves at Dairy Queen in Fallon, Nevada ... guess what, an LPC right next to the truck. We rolled our eyes and groaned.

Did we? ... Yepper of course we did, we giggled, we looked, found and signed the log; it turned out to be a rather cute container.

I guess we must remember that someone went to the trouble and expense of putting it out there ... heck lets honor them with at least a big howdy and a thank-you.

Will we do another LPC? Hmmmmmmmmmm sure, why not. Will we do everyone that turns up? Doubtful, and less likely for a milestone.

We we enter a kindly log ... you betcha

Edited by humboldt flier

How about

The lines appear to be painted with a Rollmaster Paint Line Striper 4" Wide Line

Now that's funny. I've got a good friend of mine who just so happens to have a lpc that I always give him a hard time about......who I just may have to use your log on. It's hilarious. :lol:

How about

The "detail" of this comment has made me surprisingly curious about line painting. Not even joking. :lol:

Maybe it says something about me personally, but when I cannot write anything about the cache, I just end up writing mundane details about the journey and any emotions involved in it. ie "The unicorn stickers in here triggered a vivid flashback of my childhood."

First of all a LPC stands for Lamp Post Cache for all those newbies out there. I usually log something like 'easy find' but needless to say that's BORING! Any others ways to log those gosh-darn unoriginal geocaches!

How about

I actually logged a few with something along those lines. Now, when I see that it is probably a LPC, I put my car into drive and move on without looking.

I usually just log a few neutral words about it. Not worth getting snotty in my log.

Amen to that. If you realy hate those kinds of hides so much, don't search for them!

I usualy say something like "Managed to park right beside GZ" or "Couln't park very close to GZ. Make is tricky to be discrete". Just something that happened. That said, a cache like that doen't need a long log. Unless something realy out of the ordinary did hapen (eg. SWAT hellicopter landed on the mall while you were signing the log).

Now that is one heck of a log! How long did that take you to write?

Lol, a while. :( I always try to log a few sentances on every cache, but at the time that I wrote that log, there were some stuff going on in the forums putting down park and grabs. I was so sick at the time, and I really appreciated that trip and being able to get easy caches, so I made that long log in a fit of pique. :grin::unsure: