Any one watch Survivor?

isuquinndog

His name is Russell, and yeah, I will allow that he has some good Geosense. For those who don't watch, meet Russell:

survivor-samoa-natalie-russell-hantz19.jpg

Many geocaching communities have a Russell. He's the local "aggressive" FTF hound. He's the guy who sends disparaging private messages about other geocachers, while smiling and shaking their hands at the meet 'n greet. He's the guy who starts up forum threads about cache thieves and unfair trading, not because he is genuinely concerned about the issues, but because he "loves controversy." (Quoting Russell.)

Don't be your geo-community's Russell.

His name is Russell, and yeah, I will allow that he has some good Geosense. For those who don't watch, meet Russell:

Many geocaching communities have a Russell. He's the local "aggressive" FTF hound. He's the guy who sends disparaging private messages about other geocachers, while smiling and shaking their hands at the meet 'n greet. He's the guy who starts up forum threads about cache thieves and unfair trading, not because he is genuinely concerned about the issues, but because he "loves controversy." (Quoting Russell.)

LOL J5 got on TV! :blink::o

The wife and I don't care for him. Didn't from the first when we saw his body language and then his private moments on camera.

If I was on that show I'd want him there with me at the end though. No wayyy a jury is gonna give that weasle a million bucks.

Is it me or are the cast members becoming less and less likable each progressive season? :D

LOL J5 got on TV! :blink::o

The wife and I don't care for him. Didn't from the first when we saw his body language and then his private moments on camera.

If I was on that show I'd want him there with me at the end though. No wayyy a jury is gonna give that weasle a million bucks.

Is it me or are the cast members becoming less and less likable each progressive season? :D

That combined with the whole 'exile island' thing was when I stopped watching a few seasons ago. I guess I stopped caring about it all around.

Nice... I actually told my wife that it looked a lot like geocaching. The clue the other girl got sounded like a lot of geocache hints too.

This season is quite entertaining I will add. We have watched a few past seasons (on and off). We got back into it because two people from our church are on it this year. Well one that is currently going to our church (she is the one who made the funny comment sarcastically about the great news of fish being in the ocean).

The other one is the younger skinny guy named Brett. He grew up at our church but now live in LA

Many geocaching communities have a Russell. He's the local "aggressive" FTF hound. He's the guy who sends disparaging private messages about other geocachers, while smiling and shaking their hands at the meet 'n greet.

My wife is a fan of the show so I have heard a little bit about him. Our local FTF Hounds are not that evil. I have a feeling that Russell would be the type to put a false online entry just to dissuade other cachers from going after the first or move the cache after he has found it just to see a string of dnf entries.

The last few seasons I was surprised that people didn't search more for the idol. Several times it was in an obvious geocache place. This time I thought "Well, duh - where else would it be?!" Great FTF prize in that cache.

Not sure if the idol is only for the other camp or not. Who knows.

My guess is that the idol for each tribe is the other others camp. The woman that visited the other teams camp got a clue which told her to look in the camp she was visiting. I suspect that picking someone to visit the others camp will be done throughout the game. I was impressed by the geosense used to find the first idol but as someone else suggested it was probably intended for the other team. I don't know if that means that it still can't be played. At a previous season there was a good "multi cache" idol that probably would have rated at 5 star terrain difficulty with all the swimming that had to be done.

It looks like there is one geocache on American Samoa and a virtual in Samoa. Nothing on Western Samoa or on a couple of small islands to the east of American Samoa. A couple of seasons ago when they did it in Gabon I checked there as well and there is only one cache in the country.

My guess is that the idol for each tribe is the other others camp.

This was actually announced before the series started, along with other changes for this season.

Yupper....been laughing over that myself as it would be the perfect justice for him, to try to play it only to find out that although it's a real idol he cannot use it.

The real tell on this though -- did you notice at this week's tribal council that Jeff did NOT do his usual, "if anyone has the hidden immunity idol and would like to use it...."? :-)

The last few seasons I was surprised that people didn't search more for the idol. Several times it was in an obvious geocache place. This time I thought "Well, duh - where else would it be?!" Great FTF prize in that cache.

Not sure if the idol is only for the other camp or not. Who knows.

First episode, Jeff stated idol at the camp was for the other team.

Methinks Russell's great FTF prize is spelled First to Fail.

So if Russell has the other camp' s idol, and he can't use it himself then at least he's potentially taken immunity away from one other contestant.

I haven't watched the past few seasons but started watching this one from the start. And when I saw the girl in the visiting camp reading clues for the location of the immunity idol, I got a GREAT idea for a multicache... :)

So if Russell has the other camp' s idol, and he can't use it himself then at least he's potentially taken immunity away from one other contestant.

or, use it trade item with another "geocacher" on the other tribe. If Russel is smart enough to figure out that he can't play it himself, in true Evil Russel fashion, he could construct a decoy "cache", buddy up with the player from the other tribe he deems most threatening, then offers it up to the other player in exchange for favors (or the idol for his tribe) later on.

or, use it trade item with another "geocacher" on the other tribe. If Russel is smart enough to figure out that he can't play it himself, in true Evil Russel fashion, he could construct a decoy "cache", buddy up with the player from the other tribe he deems most threatening, then offers it up to the other player in exchange for favors (or the idol for his tribe) later on.

My understanding of the letter that was with the idol made it clear (I thought) that the idol was the finders and could not be given away or taken from him. If indeed it was only for use of the other team - that could make things interesting.