Series

Hi

I am in the process of enlarging a series that i am doing which highlights the various 'series' that are out there

such as the large 'church micro' series in the South, and the not so well know 'red phone box' series

The idea of my series is to continue the theme of each of the series in their own right but to highlight and champion the originators - i am doing only one of each series included in mine

I have a dozen or so to date (all start with Mole's SOS ..........if you want to take a look via my profile) and i am looking for more series to add to the list

please let me know of any others that can be added and i will see if there is an object of that theme in my area

many thanks

Well there is the usuall suspects:

Sidetracked

Off Yer Trolly

Church Micro

Moterway Mayhem

A Road Anarchy

And ofcourse my wonderfull new mini series; Time at The Bar - a tour arround some of Winchester gone and forgotten pubs.

But seriously there has to be a pub series so that you could finish your series at a pub. tequila.gif - one for each cache?

Edited by Hampshire_Hog

Thanks

i have most of those except A road Anarchy - will research that one

i am not including cachers own mini series - it would never end other wise

i am looking more for the well established ones like those as you have mentioned and ones where there is a request to contact 'cacher' with object, place etc. in order to expand their series

I belive that A road Anarchy is mainly a welsh thing

Nope. They make it into England! linky

Also Never At Sea, by JollyJax, and others, but they seem to be dieing off... my bookmark linky

The general theme for this gentle series of loosely connected caches is the sea, or rather the lack of it.

There are many things around us that suggest that they should be in a more brine-laden setting than they actually are.

I belive that A road Anarchy is mainly a welsh thing (due to there not being any moterways in wales.)

Maybee Mrs (or Mr) Blorenge or some other welsh pepole will confirm that?

Saying this in my best "Boysie" accent (only fools and horses):-

"You don't have to be Welsh to know that part of the M4 Motorway is in Wales" :laughing::lol:

I belive that A road Anarchy is mainly a welsh thing (due to there not being any moterways in wales.)

"You don't have to be Welsh to know that part of the M4 Motorway is in Wales" :laughing::lol:

Whoops...

I forgot about the Severn Bridge(s)

I also see looking at Mrs B's search that there are loads in England - never seen one down here though. **starts thinking about new cahe ideas**

Hi

I am in the process of enlarging a series that i am doing which highlights the various 'series' that are out there

such as the large 'church micro' series in the South, and the not so well know 'red phone box' series

The idea of my series is to continue the theme of each of the series in their own right but to highlight and champion the originators - i am doing only one of each series included in mine

I have a dozen or so to date (all start with Mole's SOS ..........if you want to take a look via my profile) and i am looking for more series to add to the list

please let me know of any others that can be added and i will see if there is an object of that theme in my area

many thanks

HI

I have started a series "Scout and about"

the idea of the series so far, is to highlight Scouting in the local area to me but i would like others to expand it.

So far i have only placed 9 caches but there is another with the same name.

the idea is that hopefully persons with contacts at their local Scout group put out caches and maintain them, with permission from the group.

Normally to be placed just outside the huts grounds, to prevent problems and drawing to much attention.

I personally stock the caches with items that could be linked to scouting/Guiding as both movements tend to share buildings.

Please feel free to add to this series near to you.

Did you know Scouting is the biggest youth movement in the world with nearly 28,000,000 members, but never enough leaders!

Hi

many thanks

HI

the idea of the series so far, is to highlight Scouting in the local area to me but i would like others to expand it.

the idea is that hopefully persons with contacts at their local Scout group put out caches and maintain them, with permission from the group.

Normally to be placed just outside the huts grounds, to prevent problems and drawing to much attention.

I personally stock the caches with items that could be linked to scouting/Guiding as both movements tend to share buildings.

Did you know Scouting is the biggest youth movement in the world with nearly 28,000,000 members, but never enough leaders!

HI

it's actually the centenary of the formation of the girl guides this october and there will be major celebrations throughout the year, I'm in for a busy year as a guide leader but I'll keep time for geocaching so If you needed any help maintaining any caches in this area I'd be happy to help. :) As a newbie I don't know how to place a cache I'll have to get some help before my unit puts out their cache :o . fortunately there's an event next week and I can pick the brains of far wiser and more experianced geocachers :laughing::lol: .

Hi

many thanks

HI

HI

it's actually the centenary of the formation of the girl guides this october and there will be major celebrations throughout the year, I'm in for a busy year as a guide leader but I'll keep time for geocaching so If you needed any help maintaining any caches in this area I'd be happy to help. :D As a newbie I don't know how to place a cache I'll have to get some help before my unit puts out their cache :) . fortunately there's an event next week and I can pick the brains of far wiser and more experianced geocachers :D:anicute: .

They are quite straight forward to set up, just follow the guide :D lines on GC and make sure you have a think about the location.

I dont set caches near schools if they are shared by groups, also if they are near play parks.

I use all sorts of containers, whatever comes to hand really.

Go on give it a go, you know you want too :D

Or you could start your own series based around guide halls, they could be linked together. :D

"You don't have to be Welsh to know that part of the M4 Motorway is in Wales" :D:)

...and it cost us English alot of money to get on it! :anicute:

"You don't have to be Welsh to know that part of the M4 Motorway is in Wales" :(:D

...and it cost us English alot of money to get on it! :(

It costs us Welsh a lot as well :):) (didn't know which smiley was best so used both :D )

£5.40 to get back into our own country!!!!!! Nothing to go to England - but then you pay to get into all the best attractions :D

Now slinks off and hides :)

Edited by mollyjak

"You don't have to be Welsh to know that part of the M4 Motorway is in Wales" :(:D

...and it cost us English alot of money to get on it! :(

It costs us Welsh a lot as well :):) (didn't know which smiley was best so used both :D )

£5.40 to get back into our own country!!!!!! Nothing to go to England - but then you pay to get into all the best attractions :D

Now slinks off and hides :)

Supprising there isn't a charge to cross Hadreans Wall **opens big can of worms**

OT there is a lot of "roundabout" caahes i.e. caches on roundabouts or near, mostly thses are series done by individual cachers but as there seem to be quite a few of them I dont see why they shouldn't have a "series" of their own.

I belive the Basingstoke series even has it's own coin.

Roundabout Basingstoke

There are lots called just "roundabout"

Roundabout search linky

Not sure whether you would consider something that isn't a "proper" series but could well be turned into one.

This might also bring up the question of; are you only looking for series that are UK based or are contributary caches within the UK for overseas ones or are other overseas series to be considerd?

Edited for clarity

Edited by Hampshire_Hog

Thanks to all for your input

I have taken some of the ideas given and I am sure the list will grow as I find other series

For the time being I have 17 out there now

These are

Mole’s SOS – Ponds, Dewponds and Lakes of Kent #1 - Hildenborough

Mole’s SOS – Red Phone box #12

Mole’s SOS – Church Micro #757 St. Stephens, Tonbridge

Mole’s SOS – Off your trolley – Tonbridge

Mole’s SOS – Hospitalised #7 Tonbridge Cottage hospital

Mole’s SOS – Drinking Fountains and Troughs #22

Mole’s SOS – Hill view #7 – Bidborough Ridge

Mole’s SOS – Motorway Mayhem – M25 J5

Mole’s SOS – Symmetry N51 DD1

Mole’s SOS – Mill Micro – Tonbridge Mill

Mole’s SOS – Sidetracked - Hildenborough

Mole’s SOS – Little Bridges #26

Mole’s SOS – Lest We Forget

Mole’s SOS – Scout and About – Tonbridge 14th Sea Scouts

Mole’s SOS – Kent lost pubs No 9 – The Artichoke

Mole’s SOS – A Road Anarchy – A21 ?

Mole’s SOS – Coal Post #188

As I'm the (completely) unofficial promoter of HamsterCaching in the U.K., I'd like there to be a series of hamster caches, one in each county.

So far there are 3, but only this evening I've heard a rumour on the wheel that one is being considered for north Wales... I'm told it's just a case of capturing a genuine, Welsh hamster (the mountain stock are the most suitable) and getting it trained up for its future life of quiet contemplation in a click-lock box.

MrsB

Another series is Summit Caches: www.summitcaching.org.uk

These were originally set up by charlieg0pzo. Recently, Charlie has opened the list for other cachers to set up caches on new summits.

How about a Summit Cache on the highest point of the North Downs? :drama:

Thanks to all for your input

I have taken some of the ideas given and I am sure the list will grow as I find other series

For the time being I have 17 out there now

These are

Mole’s SOS – Ponds, Dewponds and Lakes of Kent #1 - Hildenborough

Mole’s SOS – Red Phone box #12

Mole’s SOS – Church Micro #757 St. Stephens, Tonbridge

Mole’s SOS – Off your trolley – Tonbridge

Mole’s SOS – Hospitalised #7 Tonbridge Cottage hospital

Mole’s SOS – Drinking Fountains and Troughs #22

Mole’s SOS – Hill view #7 – Bidborough Ridge

Mole’s SOS – Motorway Mayhem – M25 J5

Mole’s SOS – Symmetry N51 DD1

Mole’s SOS – Mill Micro – Tonbridge Mill