BIRTHDAY MISSION 2009 ~ in smaller groups

Butterfly_lady

Today is the deadline for July missions! I'll sort them out and assign July missions at midnight my time.

I'll allow another 5 days for August missions to continue coming in and then assign them on the 20th.

But don't worry if you miss either of these deadlines... they aren't written in stone. More like carved in jello :laughing:

I'll just pair up latecomers as they come in.

So far we only have 6 July missions and 4 August missions.

We must have more summer children out there than that!!!

See post #285 for full details.

E-mail sent

Birthday Mission Email Sent - June 5th, 2009

Birthday Mission Name Received - YES- June 16th, 2009

Birthday Mission Sent - NO

Birthday Mission Received - NO

E&Cplus3, thanks for stepping up......

MISSION UPDATE.. :(

Kinda cool :( my Birthday Mission, I got someone I have spoken to on-line previosly...

I am looking forward to getting this one out.

I hope they like it.

Mission completed June 17.My birthday mission package arrived yesterday, all the way from the Skibums in England. The parcel was in one of those ominous Canada Post bags labeled “We sincerely regret that your mail item was damaged…”, so even though my birthday isn’t until next week I had to open it immediately to check the contents :D. It amazed me that Canada Post managed to tear a large hole in the parcel, because I certainly couldn’t! I needed scissors to get through that tough plastic. Inside, the pretty wrapping paper was also torn open, but fortunately Skibums had put all the contents in a very sturdy waterproof camo sack, and everything was just fine inside.

birthdaymissionphoto.jpg

In addition to the camo sack (which Mr BP will use for his shower stuff when he goes to the pool), and a delicious looking birthday card, was a battery holder, some Body Shop soap, bath gel and eau de cologne (I’ve always loved Body Shop products), and a nano cache container, complete with log book. Hah! Won’t everyone be surprised when the Belfrypotters hide a nano!

The highlight was three really great coins – a World Wide Flash Mob V coin, a really beautiful British micro coin with the flag on the front, and 2009 South Wales coin. I’ve long admired the South Wales coin because I collect dragon coins, and this one will look great with my Welsh Brecon Beacons coin. Thank you Skibums for a great Birthday Mission gift. It was perfect timing, because I was still sad from saying goodbye to all my coworkers for the last time yesterday, now that I’m retired, and a parcel in the mail was just the pick-me-up I needed.

It's almost the end of the month and almost everyone has checked in now. We just have two outstanding packages but the birthdays have not arrived yet.

Just a reminder to update this thread when you receive your mission so I know all is well.

Thanks!

Finally Junior Ski's birthday is here and he just wanted to thanks Team Black Cat for the mission he received......

He got a......

GS Lackey coin

Packers Pin Badge

Lanyard

Toy Car

all packed into a little Rucksack/Camera type case.

Photos later when we get back from school

Birthday mission email sent: Yes

Birthday mission name received: Yes

Birthday mission sent: Yes (April 16th)

Birthday mission received:Yes!

I got a box today!!

A Geocaching Mug

A MIGO Hat

A GX patch

A geocaching pin

And 6 Geocoin!!

Happy Birthday (Hogwild)

Happy Birthday (Coins n Pins)

Happy Mother's Day

Indiana State Parks

Todie's Wild Ride

Look out for Bikes

And some cache containers

Thanks Rod, i realy appreciate everything!!

yes i opened it before my birthday, but oh well

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Chuck's Mission:

Birthday Mission Email Sent - 05/06/09

Birthday Mission Name Received - 16/06/09

Birthday Mission Sent - 26/06/09

Anika's Mission:

Birthday Mission Email Sent - 05/06/09

Birthday Mission Name Received - 16/06/09

Birthday Mission Sent - NO

Yeh! Got my recipients name and Hope that my mission person likes what They received for their Birthday and that it brings them many smiles and completes their birthday :)

Have my birthdays recipients Birthday package all set and ready to go, will be in the mail Friday July 3rd. Hope my recipeint has a Very Nice Birthday.

Edited by sweetlife

Talk about excellent timing: my daughter, S of Team_BG, received her birthday package *on* her birthday. :unsure: She was very excited. I'd love to post pictures but the treasure disappeared into her room so fast! I did see two lovely geocoins, a personal pathtag, candy necklaces, hair ties and other treasures.

Many thanks, on S's behalf, to the E&Cplus3 family for a great birthday parcel.

Edited by CanadaKate

Birthday mission email sent: 20 June 2009

Birthday mission name received: Yes

Birthday mission sent: -

Birthday mission received:-

I was outbid on two of the coins I wanted, am in the middle of an unexpected move, so will have to get coins a little later then expected. Please be patient, the mission will go out, just a little later then planed (you know the famous belated birthday card or in this case coin).

Received my birthday mission but waitting to open it, Thank You very much Could not beleive my eyes when I seen the label on the box who it was from :( It will definetely be hard to wait to my birthday to wait to open.

Thank You TheFindingIrish4, I will contact you when I open it. :blink:

I received my mission awhile back but waited patiently to open it today on my birthday :ph34r: I wanted to Thank The Finding Irish 4 for all of the goodies. I enjoyed opening everything. The brain teaser I still cannot solve soon as I45a71e94-d12f-4a63-bf5c-ae95b5ab951d.jpg do we will make it into a travel bug.

Your Guys are great :ph34r:

Thanks Again

Valarie of sweetlife

:anicute:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALL.

I've been off caching and coins for a while - it is SO cold here!

We have had so many frosts and wet (almost sleet days) and it's just not pleasant to go out, other than for drive-ups.

Even the weekends are hard to find a little warmth (somehow the sun comes out on Monday or Tuesday, and disappears by Friday!) I had a wet weekend of caching up north last weekend.... and was about to head home early, when the rain stopped. So I did manage two days of city caching.

Too cold in my office to sit at the computer for long.

Have a few mild moments today to check in on this mission.

So pleased to see it going so well, now that we are mid-year.

And I'm so grateful to those who have taken over the running of each two month period.

I realise that a year long mission is a big commitment, so breaking it down into smaller bites has worked well.

Well, if no one else will step up, I'll take July/August. :anicute:

E&Cplus3

Thanks heaps! Sometimes our long term plans have to be changed or dropped as life alters course!

Apologies - I've not been in the forums much.

E&Cplus3 volunteered for Sept / Oct.

And have now stepped forward to July / August.

Would anyone like to volunteer to take over the mission co-ordination for the next period - Sept / Oct??

I received my mission awhile back but waited patiently to open it today on my birthday ;) I wanted to Thank The Finding Irish 4 for all of the goodies. I enjoyed opening everything. The brain teaser I still cannot solve soon as I45a71e94-d12f-4a63-bf5c-ae95b5ab951d.jpg do we will make it into a travel bug.

Your Guys are great :anicute:

Thanks Again

Valarie of sweetlife

Well Sweetlife I am glad you liked the mission, you are hard to get coins for with that impressive list.

I will be helping Fredhead with his last item for his mission today, then mailing Monday.

Thank you so much for the package the kids loved them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Birthday Mission Sent - Mission will be heading out on July 6th...

I had to spend some time out of town the end of last week, so I was convinced that my kids hid my mission, as they had a Birthday Party for me on Sunday, with all of the family friends etc.. over.

After opening cards and few gifts, consuming TOO MUCH cake and ice-cream I then realized they had not hidden my mission for deilvery at the party.....

I am sure that it will arrive soon..... as I am heading on Vacation Wednesday.....

Well, if no one else will step up, I'll take July/August. :(

E&Cplus3

Thanks heaps! Sometimes our long term plans have to be changed or dropped as life alters course!

Would anyone like to volunteer to take over the mission co-ordination for the next period - Sept / Oct??

I would be interested to coordinate the Birthday Mission for September and October, if we still need someone. I've not done this before but am a quick study!

Well, if no one else will step up, I'll take July/August. :D

E&Cplus3

I would be interested to coordinate the Birthday Mission for September and October, if we still need someone. I've not done this before but am a quick study!

Great to see you step up to the plate.

:D

I finally got my Dad to give me a ride to the post office to mail my mission.

I cant wait to get my drivers liscense in 10 years.

I used my favorite wrapping paper but my dad rushed me and i forgot to put the card in there.

Cant wait to get mine next week.

Birthday Mission Email Sent - YES

Birthday Mission Name Received - YES

Birthday Mission Sent - YES 7-28-09

Birthday Mission Received I am so excited since my Birthday is next week. :D

Birthday Mission Sent - Mission will be heading out on July 6th...

I had to spend some time out of town the end of last week, so I was convinced that my kids hid my mission, as they had a Birthday Party for me on Sunday, with all of the family friends etc.. over.

After opening cards and few gifts, consuming TOO MUCH cake and ice-cream I then realized they had not hidden my mission for deilvery at the party.....

I am sure that it will arrive soon..... as I am heading on Vacation Wednesday.....

:) Feeling sad two weeks since my B-day and no mission :D

My Postman seems to be in good spirts.... :D

MAYBE???? :lol:

Birthday mission email sent: June 10, 2009

Birthday mission name received: June 16, 2009

Birthday mission sent: I am so sorry that I still haven't put my outgoing mission in the mail! I am finishing up skin cancer treatments and have been a bit out of it (not a good excuse, but wanted you to know). I will try to get it into the mail by the weekend and appreciate your patience.

Birthday mission received:July 6, 2009. Thank you for the wonderful assortment and sweet letter

E-mail sent:

Birthday Mission Email Sent - June 5th 2009

Birthday Mission Name Received - YES- June 24th, 2009

Birthday Mission Sent - YES -July 20th, 2009

Birthday Mission Received - YES - July 30th 2009

My Birthday is still a few days away but I could not wait :D:D:D

What a great mission.

THANK YOU River Princess :D:anitongue::laughing:

I will post some pictures, ASAP

OK Here we go......

355227b9-b7d3-4177-9a99-0a7c3e028781.jpg

Me with the Mission

05d8cd85-8903-4fb8-a0eb-266c9d8fc80b.jpg

The Mission Packages

690fa0f2-ebc3-460d-9668-22d64f8eacfa.jpg

Me and the GOODIES

d591674d-831d-49b0-9d58-cacce27e2aa5.jpg

The GOODIES

f1680d71-a43c-47a9-ab78-567e8bb21cc2.jpg

A GREAT GOODIE

6a58b1b7-161c-465c-96ff-45b460aefd34.jpg

COINAGE

Edited by Fredhead

Well, if no one else will step up, I'll take July/August. :D

E&Cplus3

Great to see you step up to the plate.

:D

ACCEPTED

happy-birthday-balloons.jpg

Calling all September and October Birthday boys and gals

This mission is for you!

If you have a birthday later in the year, then please be patient ~ your turn will come….

To participate:

You must be willing to send two (2) unactivated geocoins to one participant.

You must be a registered user in these forums with some history of posting.

If you have a birthday in September or October and want to be part of this mission please send me a message through my GC.com profile.

Include in your message:

Geocaching Name

Birthdate (you may include your age you are turning if you like)

Real Name

Address

Are you willing to mail outside your country? Or global region?

(Note some people don’t get this option, unfortunately, due to being the only one in their country signed up)

Do you have a seeking list? If so, where. If not, are there any coins you'd like to own?

What are your interests? This will help your "gifter" in assembling a fun package!

NOTE: Please do not ask me to assign you a certain individual, the missions will be assigned at random.

What you need for this mission

1. Be prepared to mail in time, a birthday mission to a recipient.

2. Include 2 unactivated and trackable Geocoins (you may send more)

3. Add birthday goodies and treats as per the lists below.

4. Wrap it up, box it or package it and send it.

Birthday Missions should include something from the lists below.

The best mission would be one item from each group (two geocoins though)

THIS MISSION IS ALSO FAMILY FRIENDLY ~ please consider that when selecting gifts.

GROUP A (requires at least 2)

Regular unactivated Geocoin

(This can be upgraded)

GROUP B (optional extra)

Pathtag

Micro geocoins

Caching pins

TB tags and Geocoin buddies

GROUP C (optional)

Caching related items

GROUP D (optional)

Personal signature items

Regional souvenir

Postcard of your area

GROUP E (optional)

Novelty item or toy.

GROUP F

Birthday card or tag.

International missions should omit any seeds and plant material.

These "groups" are to help as a guide on what to include ~ especially for those who have not participated in a birthday mission before.

You may also wish to check out last year's mission: 2008 Birthday Mission

NAMES FOR SEPTEMBER IN ASAP – I will start allocating missions on the 20th of August.

NAMES FOR OCTOBER IN BY 15 SEPTEMBER.

After getting back home from out of state last weekend, Mrs. TBC found a package waiting for her in the mailbox. She was very happy to find a nice birthday mission package from Sweden. Lots of very cool stuff including two personal coins. Thanks Solan109!

Gedc0233b.jpg

Adult Mission (Team Black-Cat (Diane))

Birthday Mission Email Sent - Yes

Birthday Mission Name Received - Yes

Birthday Mission Sent - Yes

Birthday Mission Received - Yes

Edited by Team Black-Cat

Thanks a lot for letting my kids signing in for the sept-oct birthday mission.

First

Moustaches de chaton (girl- 16 y.o. in sept)

Birthday Sept- 10- 1993

Birthday Mission: Email Sent- 8/4

Birthday Mission: Name Received-

Birthday Mission: Sent-

Birthday Mission: Received-

***Moustaches de chaton owns 7 geocoins listed in my keeping list on my account in my forum sig

Second

MARC-ANDRÉ (boy- 20 y.o.)

Birthday Oct- 31- 1988

Birthday Mission: Email Sent- 8/4

Birthday Mission: Name Received-

Birthday Mission: Sent-

Birthday Mission: Received-

Marc-André has no caching name yet and has no geocoin. You can go through my seeking list for ideas.

Edited by Turlutortue

Birthday Mission E-mail Sent - June 19, 2009

Birthday Mission Name Received - June 24, 2009

Birthday Mission Sent - July 15, 2009

Birthday Mission Received - August 3, 2009 ;)

The boys wanted me to open it immediately, but I'm trying to be good and wait until my birthday. :)