What are the odds?

Recently one of my puzzle caches Mr Who? had a DNF logged on it by a reliable cacher, so I disabled the cache until I had time to check it out. When I checked on it it had indeed gone and the area was fenced off due to storm damage, I was quite annoyed as there was a TB in the cache.

Imagine my surprise 3 weeks later when I received an e-mail from a cacher informing me that she had found my cache - or rather her friends son had found the cache washed up on the beach at Budleigh Salterton, who after realising that it was a geocache and passed it on to her knowing that she was a geocacher.

The cache must have been washed into a nearby stream during recent flooding and after a journey of over 12 miles through different water courses found itself in the sea. What is even more amazing is that the TB and log book survived completely unscathed.

Recently one of my puzzle caches Mr Who? had a DNF logged on it by a reliable cacher, so I disabled the cache until I had time to check it out. When I checked on it it had indeed gone and the area was fenced off due to storm damage, I was quite annoyed as there was a TB in the cache.

Imagine my surprise 3 weeks later when I received an e-mail from a cacher informing me that she had found my cache - or rather her friends son had found the cache washed up on the beach at Budleigh Salterton, who after realising that it was a geocache and passed it on to her knowing that she was a geocacher.

The cache must have been washed into a nearby stream during recent flooding and after a journey of over 12 miles through different water courses found itself in the sea. What is even more amazing is that the TB and log book survived completely unscathed.

LOL - excellent. :unsure::D

What a great story! I had a TB that went missing in Florida when a cache got muggled, months later it got a "discovered" log by someone who had found it lying somewhere, looked it up on geocaching.com and opened an account!

I'm currently e-mailing them to try and convince them to find a geocache themselves to drop it into or post it back to me.

Great thread!!

Locally we had a cache go missing in a stream after a storm but one of our number went above and beyond!!

The Dingle (gc1gwvg)

October 6 by graham1875 (1507 found)

2TF by the greatest cacher around here I apologise to Izzy and Paul, it is not in his pocket it was too big to go in. Determined to find it, I got up early this morning and took my folding bike and a canoe with me ( no GPSr it would have been a waste of time ) Set off down the river and late afternoon found it bobbing away nicely near Gt Yarmouth , another half hour and it would have been out to sea. Got an express train back and have now replaced the cache but not exactly where it should be ( more rain forcast for tonight and we don't want to lose it again. The co-ords are still more or less still correct. If you now stand on the bridge and are very tall like Andy you just might reach it. It is much easier if you go off the bridge and look in the tree above the bridge. The cache is still in very good order and dry. A note to Bess's Friend, its in the tree you became very friendly with yesterday. Took TB Left nothing ( I was skint after paying the train fair back. Now go and find it. TFTC and the fun.

[This entry was edited by graham1875 on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 at 10:39:11 AM.]

He would do it too [:laughing:]

After loads of people tried and failed Graham went down stream and found the cache. Three cheers for Big Graham Hip hip........

More great stories please..