Coin Book/

While we were in Harrogate I noticed lots of people had books/files for their GeoCoins :D

Does anyone know where I could get just a small book or even just one of the plastic pages with the pouches that are in the files. :)

I only have about 15/20 coins I just wanted something to put them in to look nice rather than just throwing them in my computer desk drawer :)

Mandy :blink:

Try HERE, scroll down the page.

edit to add "Micro Coin" oops!

Thanks but mine are bigguns :D:)

Even one plastic page from the folders/files would probably do me I only have a select few :)

Wondering if I could even make summat B) cardboard base cardboard on top with holes cut out and place in holes cover with summat.........can you tell I watched Blue Peter as a bairn :blink:

M :D

I have Real Leather Geocoin Display Jackets for my coins, but I only have three!

(Just be careful of the stickybacked plastic, and get an adult to supervise you when you use sharp scissors! :) )

:DB)B):blink:

Even one of those plastic sheets that hold 20 coins would do me £2.08 on fleabay but in America

Where would I get one of those in UK ?

I like those leather ones they nice but I want them all in one place kinda thing :)

While we were in Harrogate I noticed lots of people had books/files for their GeoCoins :(

Does anyone know where I could get just a small book or even just one of the plastic pages with the pouches that are in the files. :D

I only have about 15/20 coins I just wanted something to put them in to look nice rather than just throwing them in my computer desk drawer :(

Mandy :D

Ive just ordered one of these Mandy....... http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/vie...p;idproduct=245

Wish you had of said 2days ago......could of gone halfs on the shipping :D

I have Real Leather Geocoin Display Jackets for my coins, but I only have three!

(Just be careful of the stickybacked plastic, and get an adult to supervise you when you use sharp scissors! :D )

:D:(:D:(

Even one of those plastic sheets that hold 20 coins would do me £2.08 on fleabay but in America

Where would I get one of those in UK ?

I like those leather ones they nice but I want them all in one place kinda thing :D

WH Smith or Staples.

I used trading card collecting pages, they are easily found from Pokemon/Uh Gi Oh card sites. They have nine pockets in each A4 page and fit into a ring binder. They also have bound albums A5 size. (each pocket is 2 1/2" x 3 1/2")

I think our local comic shop sells them for 25p a page.

If you intend leaving the coins in you can sew along the top of each pocket with a sewing machine to seal them or use double sided sticky tape between the pocket openings.

You could get craft foam and cut circles out for the coins to fit into.

I went to buy the proper folders online after seeing The Moor We Hunt's collection but the shipping was the same price as the folder.

Edited to add this is the site I have used before, they usually deliver in a couple of days.

http://www.uktradingcards.com/

Edited by Team Skully

:D I love my coins and dont take them to events so I have them in a picture frame which is perspex on both sides.

That way I can have them "on display" at home cos I think they are so attractive, and I can turn them round to show the other side for a change!!

It also helps to "convince" my non-caching husband that they are not a "waste of money" rather that they are "art" :(

Hi Mandy

I know of a coin shop in Hartlepool that sells such pages don't know if that close to you or not but they also attend a couple of markets in the area too.

search for company called "Coinote.co.uk" they should be able to help you i'd hazard a guess that you'd be needing the 20 coins to a page sheets these are larger than A4 and can fit in normal A4 binders, cost about £6 for 10 pages i have bought individual pages from him at market stall.

link is : - http://www.coinote.co.uk/worldcoin/accessories.html and code is ZE1

hope this is of some help?

Team Vorvik

Sorry to advertise :D ...but I just popped over to Rymans and looked at a Collins Business card binder costing £9.99 which would hold plenty of coins.About the size of a filo-fax...remember them? :(

So I'm going to measure my largest coin tonight as Business cards are 2 x 3.4 inches I believe.

So I may not stomp about the stamp shops tomorrow.

A possible option may be Business card holders/binders..this looks good.

CARD-HOLDER300X350.gif

What a good idea! My coins are here there and everywhere and I get worried when taking to events as I've seen a coin or two being mis placed but if I can keep mine all in one place I would be happier that they weren't going to go walkies! Will have to look out for a nice one of these!

I have managed to get a book very similar to the one in currykev's picture

The one I have bought is 4 business cards high and in a faux leather cover.

It will hold 48 geocoins although I dont have that many :( ............yet :D

I have slipped the coins in and stapled the ends to stop them from slipping out, it actually looks OK, will definitely do for what I want :D

Oh and it was £4.99 from Staples.

Thanks for all your help folks :(

Mandy :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Hey Mandy so glad you managed to buy yourself a neat holder for your coins and as others have tried the Business Card Holders i thought that i would store that in my grey cells until i needed a better storage for my coins. WELL..... erm i had been caching today and i managed to pick up a coin on my travels and i still had it in my pocket when i went to try and see if Black's had one of them new fangled Garmin geocoins at their store on monks cross in York. Well i didn't have any luck in obtaining a coin so i thought i'd go do some retail therapy at the store that likes to give "More for you for less" starts to sing the jangle... and slaps my right hand on my a** pocket... you know the store i mean.... Associated D****** (edited out so that i cannot be blamed for advertising) well as i was wandering around the store cussing b'cos i didnt get a Garmin geocoin i stumbled across a Business Card holder, the holder i got isn't faux leather or one of them fancy London Stamp shops coin holders but a cheaper version thats 4 cards high and holds 200 cards so they say (100 doubled to a pocket). I'd say you could safely hold 100 coins in them, they are plastic/nylon in construction and the price is good too, they're £2.47, so i thought i'd follow up your original thread here with this story incase someone else wanted to try them for holding coins.

Feeling much better now i have put my coins away and wonder if i should perhaps go back to Blacks on friday?

:anicute::cute::wub: