I love the JEEP TB's

i'm still looking for my first jeep tb in a cache. ;)

Good luck with that, people tend to collect the jeeps and not let them roam free. I "discovered" a total of 3 red jeeps in the past year; one was mailed directly to me by Jeep and the others were passed around at an event. I recently checked on them out of curiosity, and all three are safely in the clutches of whoever picked them up as long as 9 months ago. Very little free cache time for any of them. One has moved a grand total of 103 miles in that year.

I'm sure that is NOT what Chrysler had in mind when they paid Groundspeak mucho $$$ for those thousands of custom dog tags...

I'd LOVE it if Jeep did the TB thing again this year, but I don't see it happening. I wish someone from TPTB at Groundspeak would speak up on this issue. Surely someone in Jeremy's basement knows if they've been talking with Jeep or not...

i'm still looking for my first jeep tb in a cache. ;)

Good luck with that, people tend to collect the jeeps and not let them roam free. I "discovered" a total of 3 red jeeps in the past year; one was mailed directly to me by Jeep and the others were passed around at an event. I recently checked on them out of curiosity, and all three are safely in the clutches of whoever picked them up as long as 9 months ago. Very little free cache time for any of them. One has moved a grand total of 103 miles in that year.

I'm sure that is NOT what Chrysler had in mind when they paid Groundspeak mucho $$$ for those thousands of custom dog tags...

I find the whole thing of "collecting" active TBs (and geocoins, for that matter) bizarre, and yet it does seem to happen! One story which is locally famous, and has even made it to the Groundspeak forums at times, involved a PA cacher who showed up at an event near Harrisburg -- it was in 2006, if I remember correctly -- sporting a very large "private personal collection" of the 2006 Jeep TBs (that is the Jeep TB which was current for that year.) Seems he had simply traveled to caches where they were placed, and had confiscated them.... very strange... I suspect that there are some pretty badly damaged people out there, and at least a few of them end up becoming geoachers.

Ya, that's a real shame! :/

There are a couple planted in my area, but I just leave them in the cache since I've already logged the location. It is definitely a popular georeward, i wish they could keep them all in circulation.

Maybe it's time for the Jeep geocoin? (or has it been done already?)

I was given 8 green ones to seed NH caches. To avoid the "gimme attitude" and the gotta grab it first. I went out and placed them all...

... and didn't log them into the caches!

So we had 8 surprised and happy geocachers.

Of course they've probably all disappeared by now... Just checked, 2 of them have been logged in 2008! Not too bad...

I like the Jeep TBs also. I don't have a Jeep auto, but think they and the TBs are cool. I've found a lot of the red Jeep TBs this past year, which I caught and released. I've found a couple green, maybe a yellow and maybe a white...not sure about those, though. If you want to find a red one come to CA. They must all be out my way, since the rest of you haven't seen any. Odd.

With the current state of the auto industry, the recent sale of Damiler-Chryler and the layoffs at many Chrysler plants I would be willing to say that a 2009 Jeep TB would be doubtful. ;)

Woolsox

But what about 2008?

The Yellow's were 2004,

the White's were 2005,

the Green's were 2006,

and the Red's were 2007

Edited by trainlove

Finally saw my first wild Jeep TB in a cache in Wisconsin last week. A green Jeep was listed in the cache along with 4 red ones. Turns out the Green Jeep was actually a blue Volkswagen attached to a Jeep TB tag. Apparently someone switched it out kept the jeep and sent the tag with imposter on its way. :(

I emailed the company asking when the 2008 versions would be available and got a reply that they were not continuing the promotion this year. :blink: