COINTEST: Another Pocket Decoder Cointest

BlueMotmot

Okay, any of you who have tried the Hobbits Adventure at The Caching Place probably have the Pocket Decoder wheelies down; those of you who haven't will need to visit the website and print/cut out a paper version to do this cointest.

To keep this from being too hard I will give you the keyword: bluemotmot

Decipher this cryptogram and a flying nerd is yours!!

F KWHM SKOUX OZ VFWQ AW XTLG

If no one has solved it by noon tomorrow, US Pacific time, I will give a hint.

Okay, any of you who have tried the Hobbits Adventure at The Caching Place probably have the Pocket Decoder wheelies down; those of you who haven't will need to visit the website and print/cut out a paper version to do this cointest.

To keep this from being too hard I will give you the keyword: bluemotmot

Decipher this cryptogram and a flying nerd is yours!!

F KWHM SKOUX OZ VFWQ AW XTLG

If no one has solved it by noon tomorrow, US Pacific time, I will give a hint.

email sent

Theotokos got it figured out first!!

I won't reveal the answer until noon in case anyone is still working on it.

Is anyone interested in another pocket decoder contest? should I not give the keyword?

Theo - please send your address!

Thanks for playing everyone!

Theotokos got it figured out first!!

I won't reveal the answer until noon in case anyone is still working on it.

Is anyone interested in another pocket decoder contest? should I not give the keyword?

Theo - please send your address!

Thanks for playing everyone!

Thank you very much. If I may, I would like to donate the coin back to you and have it go to someone else. Not that I don't like the coin as I do, it's just that I only wanted to play along so I could make use of my Pocket Decoder. I've been hooked on these things ever since I first used the decoder in the Hobbit game.

And yes, I would love to give more of these a try - without the keyword

Okay, this round is without the keyword, and the winner gets an Earth Turtle 2008, unless the winner is Tsun who I will have to pick something else out for.....

I will give an hint at 2pm PST if no one has it figured it out by then.

Please email your answers through my profile.

D GGNKA D EGW PAQTH TKA LCV YARQX GIYG

Okay, this one is a bit harder -

The letters are grouped in fives....if you have already won, you can play but not win another coin....only one entry per person.....This prize will be for a Glow Tranquility......

Please email me with your answers:

RJWAB MNSWQ RMVME IARNJ HDPWV ZEFEF ARUIQ QUXF

As before, if you don't have a pocket decoder you need to visit the Caching Place website, Hobbit Mystery Journey, and print one - the paper version works fine - I have used it myself.

Rules:

One answer per person

Email me your solution

If you have already won a coin from the earlier decoder cointests, you can play but won't get another coin

In this decoder puzzle, the keyword is written backwards , for example, hobbit would become tibboh.

If there are no winners by 9 am PST, I will post the keyword.

The prize: a Lava Lamp Geocoin

HSXJPPWOX SYE QJMI CKNM G GFM

Have fun,

I'm going to bed now :(

Great job you two!! LadyBee4t was first, backhiker second.....

LadyBee4T wins the lava lamp coin, but how about you both send your addresses and I will send something out for backhiker too!!

thanks for playing!!

Valerie

Wow! Yepee! Thank you sooo much. Email on it's way. :(

Great job you two!! LadyBee4t was first, backhiker second.....

LadyBee4T wins the lava lamp coin, but how about you both send your addresses and I will send something out for backhiker too!!

thanks for playing!!

Valerie

Wow! Yepee! Thank you sooo much. Email on it's way. :(

I second that emotion!! WOWEE Yipee!! Thanks for the cointests Now I really need to start on the Hobbits Journey!!

email on its way.

How did you figure out the keyword on this?

A lot of trial and error. HSXJPPWOX SYE QJMI CKNM G GFM

I started with the single letter that had to be a I or A. Then I tried the word "DFN" for GFM (didn't work)

Tried the word "YOUR" for both the four digit words (again didn't work). Tried "THE" for the three letter word (didn't work) tried "YOU" for SYE. Maybe had something there. After lots more trial and error, got the keyword.

If you want the keyword send me an email. Don't want to spoil the fun for anyone who wants to try. Remember the keyword is backwards.

How did you figure out the keyword on this?

A lot of trial and error. HSXJPPWOX SYE QJMI CKNM G GFM

I started with the single letter that had to be a I or A. Then I tried the word "DFN" for GFM (didn't work)

Tried the word "YOUR" for both the four digit words (again didn't work). Tried "THE" for the three letter word (didn't work) tried "YOU" for SYE. Maybe had something there. After lots more trial and error, got the keyword.

If you want the keyword send me an email. Don't want to spoil the fun for anyone who wants to try. Remember the keyword is backwards.

That's pretty much how I did it too. I got the one letter first and then went for the 3 letter word. Then set up the pattern. The keyword hit me then and I was off.....

I'll list the keyword for the last three puzzles:

purple(my favorite color)

firestorm(what we living in N California just went through)

sugar(my second favorite food group, chocolate being the first)

The second puzzle was just like one in the hobbit mystery journey, and probably impossible without the hint- I won't do that again!!

Thanks for playing everyone!!

I'll list the keyword for the last three puzzles:

purple(my favorite color)

firestorm(what we living in N California just went through)

sugar(my second favorite food group, chocolate being the first)

The second puzzle was just like one in the hobbit mystery journey, and probably impossible without the hint- I won't do that again!!

Thanks for playing everyone!!

These were a lot of fun. Thanks so much for doing them.

Merging two threads on the same subject, changing the title to reflect the new cointest. Please keep all discussion on the same subject (ie: pocket decoder coitnest) to one thread, and by clicking on the report button in your first post, and telling me how you want the title changed, I can change it.

Thank you, Eartha

Volunteer Groudnspeak Forum Moderator