Project APE caches

KJcachers

Me and a few other crazy guys are leaving tomorrow to bag the one up in Washington! We'll probably stop and get the Original Stash in Oregon too. Woo Hoo!!! Road trip... :grin:

Good Luck.

Although the parking lots are free of snow, most trails are covered with the white stuff. The latest report I have is that the tunnel will not be open until late June, although I have heard that the gates were open last weekend. I don't know if that was just for parks folks to get a truck through or they really are open. Check with us over on the NW forum for more details including a number to call for details on the tunnel.

We planned a vacation around the one in Maryland. Glad we did before it got archived!

It is a bit strange that both the Maryland Mission 7 - Crab Creek Ape Cache and Mission 12 - Blind Canal Project Ape Cache in Illinois went missing within days of each other, causing their archival; leaving only the Mission 9 Ape Cache still active in the States. I don't like conspiracy theories, but it does cause some thought. :grin:

The Maryland Ape Cache was heavily visited, with cachers coming from all over the East Coast to log it.

We planned a vacation around the one in Maryland. Glad we did before it got archived!

It is a bit strange that both the Maryland Mission 7 - Crab Creek Ape Cache and Mission 12 - Blind Canal Project Ape Cache in Illinois went missing within days of each other, causing their archival; leaving only the Mission 9 Ape Cache still active in the States. I don't like conspiracy theories, but it does cause some thought. :grin:

The Maryland Ape Cache was heavily visited, with cachers coming from all over the East Coast to log it.

i believe the MD one went missing die to a dam breach and some flooding. if you can make that into a conspiracy, more power to you.

Don't give it too much of conspirator thought. A Ranger drove the placers and the cache 2 miles to its final location. I don't think any muggle is going to want to walk that far with a huge ammo can, and since the placement was with the Rangers approval He probably won't remove it either. Its all about location and permission.

It is a bit strange that both the Maryland Mission 7 - Crab Creek Ape Cache and Mission 12 - Blind Canal Project Ape Cache in Illinois went missing within days of each other, causing their archival; leaving only the Mission 9 Ape Cache still active in the States. I don't like conspiracy theories, but it does cause some thought. :lol:

Don't give it too much of conspirator thought. A Ranger drove the placers and the cache 2 miles to its final location. I don't think any muggle is going to want to walk that far with a huge ammo can, and since the placement was with the Rangers approval He probably won't remove it either. Its all about location and permission.

This explanation might be more believable if it were not for your account name :rolleyes::lol:

It is a bit strange that both the Maryland Mission 7 - Crab Creek Ape Cache and Mission 12 - Blind Canal Project Ape Cache in Illinois went missing within days of each other, causing their archival; leaving only the Mission 9 Ape Cache still active in the States. I don't like conspiracy theories, but it does cause some thought. :rolleyes:

Dang, they're onto us. OK, we confess: It was a plot by the Washington Tourism Board, who paid some :lol: to eliminate the competition, thus forcing all cachers to come here to spend money get that elusive icon.

Edited to add: Need more proof? The last four respondents are all from the Seattle area, desperately trying to throw you off the scent. :lol:

Edited by hydnsek
:rolleyes::lol: Sshhhhhh... next thing you know you will be telling everybody about how we coerced HQ into archiving the other ones in our attempt to make the NW forum and your NW classics Bookmark more popular. If we didn't have visitors asking how to get to the Ape cache, HQ and the Original stash our post count would diminish and our houses would be clean, our laundry folded and the dishes done! And we would never ever have events as we wouldn't be able to welcome somebody into our hood who was visiting the ape cache.

1103352825_5f2e59576b.jpg

Isn't that a great pic of Signal with the APE cache? Doesn't it make you want to come find it? Those Washington Tourism Board members think of everything! :lol:

And to Harriet: Don't make us send :rolleyes: after you, too....

Edited by hydnsek

i believe the MD one went missing die to a dam breach and some flooding. if you can make that into a conspiracy, more power to you.

The cache was actually moved from the flood area by two MGS cachers as a precaution. The Dam never breached. It is my understanding that after the flood risk was over, the cache was moved back to its' original location. It then went MIA from there.

After I made my post, I realized that the Washington Staters may think I was pointing a finger at them - Not true. I personally think it is great that there is at least one remaining Ape Cache in the Lower 48.

But.............. ;):)

There's an event to do the tunnel and the APE cache the morning of june 28th. We are hoping to be there how about the rest of you??The Event

As I'm transporting the event organizer and her Pyecycle to the event, I suppose I'll be there... :)

I see that Nudecacher is concerned about having to wear clothes again. :mad: