New Caching Along the Redneck Riviera Coin

TheAlabamaRambler

Our Alabama Geocaching Association (AGA) 'Caching Along the Redneck Riviera' geocoins are ordered and on the way!

This is an operating-cost fund-raiser for our GC12MQJ event September 28-30th so it is being pre-sold with anticipated early-September delivery.

See either the GC12MQJ listing or the Caching Along the Redneck Riviera Event Web Site for ordering.

The Silver Caching Along the Redneck Riviera coin is for sale to anyone and will be mailed as soon as they come in. Production quantity of this coin will be determined by sales.

The Gold Caching Along the Redneck Riviera Attendee-only coin will not be mailed and must be picked up at the event. Production quantity of this coin will be limited to registered attendees.

Both coins are $9.50 each (a small profit is built in as these are fund-raisers for our GC12MQJ event).

We hope to see you in Gulf Shores Alabama!

coinfrontandback2.jpg

All my coin cash is in Paypal. So I had to use that.

Bummer the event is the same weeked as the Annual Lacy Campout. So I'll need my silver coins shipped.

I don't think it will be an issue with PayPal, someone told me there was a controversy in here a while back about using PayPal for pre-orders, I haven't found anything on their site prohibiting it nor found anything in these forums about the discussion, but still I figured using Google Checkout (especially since there's no transaction fee at this time) for those who can would be the smart way for me to to do this.

Bummer about the timing with the Lacy event, I would have liked to attend it.

I listed this event some months ago so I couldn't see what else was scheduled at that time. Maybe next year, although we're hoping this will be Alabama's first mega (500+) event and will become an annual event.

~60 Will Attend logs posted already and still two months 'till the event it promises to be well attended!

OK, I'm blind :D

I can not figure out how to order these coins. :(

I went to both sites & still can't figure it out. Help. :D

Go to www.alabamaopen.net, scroll down to the bottom and see the Registration page.

It works, ten folks have bought coins since I posted this morning! :D:D:D

I am still working on the page, it's my first website, so I will add links to make it easier to follow, thanks!

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

OK, I'm blind ^_^

I can not figure out how to order these coins. ^_^

I went to both sites & still can't figure it out. Help. ^_^

Go to www.alabamaopen.net, scroll down to the bottom and see the Registration page.

It works, ten folks have bought coins since I posted this morning! :unsure::unsure::mad:

I am still working on the page, it's my first website, so I will add links to make it easier to follow, thanks!

... Yep! I knew it! I was blind! It was right there all along!

Order placed.

:( Thanks!

I'm not going to be able to attend, but would like to order one of the geocoins. Were you planning on shipping the geocoins to people who aren't going to attend? Is the shipping built in to the $9.50?

--Marky

Sorry you can't make it, we'd love to see you.

Good call on the shipping, I was so focused on other things I overlooked it.

What's it cost to ship a coin? $2.00 max. with the envelope and mailing fee? I think that's about right.

That would eat up our slim profit for event funding on these, defeating the purpose, so I will have to add shipping costs.

I will add shipping to the coin ordering page for those not picking them up at the event.

I will add:

$2 Domestic for 1-3 coins,

$4. Domestic for 4-6 coins,

$3 International 1-3 coins,

$6. International for 4-6

6 or more (yes, we already have purchases like that) will be at actual cost.

Rather than revisit all of the sales we've made so far those folks with paid orders as of this morning will get a free pass since it was my oversight, and an obvious one!

Thanks for the heads-up,

Ed

Great looking coin Ed, also great meeting you at the MWGB! I won't be making this trip, but will be buying a few coins...great looking coins and I like helping ofset costs for the events!

ALSO, if you'd like any prize table items, I would be more than happy to mail a couple of our personals out! Please let me know where to send!!

Great looking coin Ed, also great meeting you at the MWGB! I won't be making this trip, but will be buying a few coins...great looking coins and I like helping ofset costs for the events!

ALSO, if you'd like any prize table items, I would be more than happy to mail a couple of our personals out! Please let me know where to send!!

What a kind and gracious offer! Thank you Roddy, you indeed Rock!

I hate that you can't make it but I will see you at the next. Windy Rock perhaps.

There is not much hope that this event will pay for itself, the good ones never do... (I have $500 just in pavilion rentals!), so anything that gets us closer to break-even helps and is appreciated!

Ed Manley

1512 Monticello Road

Irondale, Alabama 35210

205-914-6814

Event GC12MQJ

Send me your avatar and I will post it to the Sponsors page.

Thanks,

Ed

Question, if y'all will:

I put these coins up on CoinTracking.com and included PayPal payment capability.

I know it works as I have gotten several orders.

Now comes an email asking:

I would like to buy two of these coins shipped to the UK. Please send me a Paypal invoice.

Many thanks

Since I don't sell much stuff online I don't pay attention to the warnings about PayPal and overseas orders, but I am aware that there are scams out there.

Why wouldn't someone off-shore be able to use the standard online PayPal ordering and have instead to have an invoice sent?

Other than a difference in postage wouldn't everything else be that same?

Thanks!

Hey, seems I lost track of this thread! No worries though, package for prize table on it's way! Not much as I don't have an extensive collection of extras like some do (maybe some day), but I do hope this helps a little!

Have a great event!

Wow! What a kind and generous thing to do!

Received 8 coins in the mail today from Rockin Roddy!

Jimbobwe - Micro Mania Onslaught,

The CacheStalkers - Team Rod and Tod with Kaboom,

Prague - Prozky Golem,

(4) MWGB '07 marked "TR&T w/k"... frog on one side, crowned king on the other,

and a MIGO Lazy Hayes Days.

Sweet! Thanks, I will use them as game prizes at the GC12MQJ event.

What a guy!

Hoo yeah! The coins are in, got them today, and they are absolutely beautiful!

This is a multi-purpose coin, representing Alabama, the AGA and the AOI event.

Babama's ideas and sketches, Joefrog's art interpretations, and excellent highly-detailed manufacture by Coins and Pins make this a must-have coin for everyone.

The pictures just don't do this coin justice!

Paid on 8/12. Contacted seller many times and NEVER got my coin, hmmmmm. What next?

I paid for one too and never received it. So I went back to my papyal records to find the date I ordered it and could find no record to indicate payment had ever gone through. I remember ordering it on the website, I remember paying. I wonder if there was a problem on the website with some orders. It explains why I never got the one I "ordered'" ;)

I was able to get one at Coins & Pins but I always meant to check on this to see if the one C&P sold was the same one that non-event attendees were ordering via the website.

I've been out of these coins for some time, don't even have one myself.

Jim, I told you I was trying to find you one. Since you're tired of waiting (and I don't blame you!) I will issue a full refund and apologize for the long delay.

GPXNavigators, I do not find any order or payment from you, if you find a receipt I will be glad to issue a refund.

Paid on 8/12. Contacted seller many times and NEVER got my coin, hmmmmm. What next?

I paid for one too and never received it. So I went back to my papyal records to find the date I ordered it and could find no record to indicate payment had ever gone through. I remember ordering it on the website, I remember paying. I wonder if there was a problem on the website with some orders. It explains why I never got the one I "ordered'" :D

I was able to get one at Coins & Pins but I always meant to check on this to see if the one C&P sold was the same one that non-event attendees were ordering via the website.

I have the same problem.

I log all my transactions in a spreadsheet and I have it down that I ordered and paid for three coins on 4th August. I also looked on PayPal and could find no trace, but I knew I must have placed the order as I received an email from ~tasia~ advising that the mint had made some errors, but there was enough coins to go round, although they would be bronze coins (5th October).

Luckily, I still have the receipt and the reason is doesn't show on PayPal is that I (unusually) used Google checkout - 'GPX Navigators'..you may have done the same.

Anyway, I'll email TheAlabamaRambler to see what can be sorted out.

Cheers,

Russ

Hi Russ, I forwarded your email to the folks that are handling distribution and copied you.

I spoke with them yesterday at an event and they had 21 coins which have been paid for but for which they have no mailing address. They have been trying to email these buyers to get addresses and the coins do go out as they find them.

Since your address is in the email you sent that I forwarded to them I am sure that your coins will go out right away!

Sorry for the delay.

Ed