Records

There is a new one now GPS maze icon maze.gif

Sheesh! Thats the second time I've had a full set and they have come out with a new one :rolleyes:

Oh well, I claim the record for having found the most types :lol:

I just noticed on my Add/Edit Insta-Notify Subscription page there is an option for Type to Watch for a Geocache Course so looks like there will be another new icon soon. :laughing: I tried it but get the error page.

I just noticed on my Add/Edit Insta-Notify Subscription page there is an option for Type to Watch for a Geocache Course so looks like there will be another new icon soon. ohmy.gif I tried it but get the error page.

When Groundspeak are ready to launch it on GC they will of course make a announcement :rolleyes: , until then you'll have to be patient :P

<Tongue in Cheek>

How about the highest number of forum posts for a UK member :) :)

</Tounge in Cheek>

As it happens son, certainly looks like you are the highest UK poster, do you do anything else :rolleyes:

That Simply Paul is catching me up so I better start postin again :P:)

How about greatest distance between two caches in any one day?

I'll start the ball rolling by offering ...

on 5th November 2006 I did

(GCQHTM) Nyrop's Raadhus by Gade (Copenhagen)

and

(GCXK92) Motorway Mayhem J2 M27 Paultons Park by Gowenhouse (Hampshire)

Statsgen3 gives the details as

Maximum distance in a day: 665 Miles, on 05/11/2006 Note: excludes locationless caches.

<Tongue in Cheek>

How about the highest number of forum posts for a UK member :laughing: :laughing:

</Tounge in Cheek>

As it happens son, certainly looks like you are the highest UK poster, do you do anything else :laughing:

That Simply Paul is catching me up so I better start postin again :laughing: :laughing:

With all your posts, I'm surprised you have time to go caching :laughing::anicute:

bookmark done - most in 12 hours by solo cacher 5th Aug 2007.

I did have 2 dnf's that the owner has now allowed me to count as finds as they were missing (now replaced) which i havent included in these numbers - as i havent signed the log books i dont think it would be right to include them.

I just noticed on my Add/Edit Insta-Notify Subscription page there is an option for Type to Watch for a Geocache Course so looks like there will be another new icon soon. :laughing: I tried it but get the error page.

IIRC, that has been there for at least a year by accident, planned at one time but not yet released.

Name of the cacher the date and the name of the caches are there i am sure you are as capable as me of looking it up!

Hah! :grin:

Ok, but I am actually on the road at the moment and time online is of the essence, however, I shall look it up when I get the opportunity. Does it actually give the distance on the profile? Never seen that before ... maybe it is a new feature?????

However, I didn't see it on the records page when I looked a few days ago, but that was when I was in Chicago with DSL.

I'll proffer for the greatest distance between two caches in any one day by a wheelchair user instead then ... date = 08/08/07 somewhere just below 4k miles (hence the question). Will advise of exact distance once the PQ has run.

I'll proffer for the greatest distance between two caches in any one day by a wheelchair user instead then ... date = 08/08/07 somewhere just below 4k miles (hence the question). Will advise of exact distance once the PQ has run.

I thought these were UK records.? :grin::grin:

If we start including USA then my friend Matt the Badger can easily claim the fastest 100 - 10hrs 47mins in Texas last August.

And now that I come to think of it I did caches 5454 miles apart within 24 hours on 19th Feb 2003. A clutch of cache finds in Los Angeles in the morning and early afternoon prior to a flight back to Heathrow, followed by

Dodgydaved's Sunninghistory1 the following day. Easily within 24 hours.

a.

Edited by SlytherinAlex

Can I stake a claim for the most number of puzzle caches found in 24 hours in Somerset & Dorset by a ginger haired person please? (14, 3rd August 2006)

Are you sure?? rutson is a ginger tos^H^H^H chap that does lots of puzzle caches too. He might challenge you on that one. :grin::grin:

Edited by SlytherinAlex

Hey Tony,

2 possible records here

1. goldpot did 100 consecutive caches ending at an event on 7th June 2007. Don't me ask for links etc - I've not figured out all that business yet

1. The area with the most intensive number of caches...perhaps the Oldham Way - oh, they're yours! :grin:

I'd be interested to know who holds the record for the largest number of caches in their first 12 months of caching. Nearing 700 with 3 months to go, we may reach 900 but if we're close to the record, we'll have a go.

Good job you're doing on this!

I thought these were UK records.? :grin::grin:

I was under the impression they were cache records by UK cachers, otherwise there wouldn;t be a record for 5 continents included would there?

I was proffering the distance one because one of the caches was in the UK with the other one abroad ...

Oh and by the way, I have ginger hair too, so I'll be looking for the wheelchair using ginger record as it seems that anything goes :grin:

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Name of the cacher the date and the name of the caches are there i am sure you are as capable as me of looking it up!

4221 miles and without holding the cachers hand so far as I know

Thanks Tony, I did look it up and see the cacher in question was a "junior" at the time.

Did they find the cache independently of their parents who had not previously logged the cache or set the cache? If so, I defer to their greater distance, if not, I refer to the 24 hour rules where none of the party should have previously visited any of the caches. :grin:

(Mine is 3913 miles between two caches in one day 08/08/07 by a British based wheelchair using cacher).

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

(Mine is 3913 miles between two caches in one day 08/08/07 by a British based wheelchair using cacher).

You may as well claim all the UK records and just tack "in a wheelchair" onto them.

For a record that relies on the basis of distance in a 24 hour period being in a wheelchair has bugger all to do with it.

Edited by SlytherinAlex

4221 miles and without holding the cachers hand so far as I know

Thanks Tony, I did look it up and see the cacher in question was a "junior" at the time.

Did they find the cache independently of their parents who had not previously logged the cache or set the cache? If so, I defer to their greater distance, if not, I refer to the 24 hour rules where none of the party should have previously visited any of the caches. :lol:

I refer to it being a UK records page. I know the guidelines do not directly say that, though I do feel it is implied.

As for the five continents that was not in the 24 hours section and was a one off.

There are other records on the page that are not purely UK such as first to find a 1000 caches (where not all the caches may have been in the UK).

Perhaps I should claim the most caches wearing a Monks Habit? Or House of Boo et al, dressed as Knights. Then again how about a record for the most tins of sardines placed in caches (this would be posthumous as the cacher who did this sadly passed away).

Edited by mongoose39uk

How about a record for the UK cacher that has found a cache at the highest altitude. I think that's as 'legitimate' as some that are already in the list. I know it won't last for long but I'll start the ball rolling with "Hartkaiser GCKJ8H" . Tyrolean Maid and I can claim a joint find on that on 9th September 2006. Altitude 5000 feet. Visit log HERE.

I'll think about that one John.

Was it a micro btw?

Seriously though, when it comes to it how far do I go with listing records?

Seems ok to me to have some fun ones. Ones that are achievable by people with different abilities. However, at the moment I cannot see me adding anymore.

Hey Tony,

2 possible records here

1. goldpot did 100 consecutive caches ending at an event on 7th June 2007.

Not sure, but P&T may well have broken that one.... Don't know how many days they did - but It can't have been far off 100

Having not heard of their 'streak' I just looked at their logs and it seems they did 113 consecutive days from March to July this year. Goldpot started on the last day of February and is till going, today will be his 171st.

To me this seems a reasonable record to add to the list; however I am a touch biased

For a record that relies on the basis of distance in a 24 hour period being in a wheelchair has bugger all to do with it.

Actually it has quite a lot to do with it, let me explain it as you seem unaware ... not every cache is available for a wheelchair user to attempt, so that cuts the number of possible caches down considerably ... on this current trip I could not attempt a cache that was closest to my hotel as there was no way down the steps to get to it, for that matter there were a few in that category, so I carried on and found one further away, I'd say that has quite a bit more than bugger all to do with it! (Your term NOT mine).

Then of course there is also the fact that people who use wheelchairs are generally ill or disabled in some way and oftentimes have less stamina that fit able bodied people ... ever thought of that for a moment?

There is nothing wrong in attempting to set a benchmark for others using a wheelchair to follow, in fact contrary to the vibes I sense here from some, I shall be genuinely delighted if another wheelchair user is inspired to break any target or record I have set ... the more diversity in the game the better ... however, I can see that not all feel that way ... which essentially is the crux ofthe matter.

Actually it has quite a lot to do with it, let me explain it as you seem unaware ... not every cache is available for a wheelchair user to attempt, so that cuts the number of possible caches down considerably ... on this current trip I could not attempt a cache that was closest to my hotel as there was no way down the steps to get to it, for that matter there were a few in that category, so I carried on and found one further away, I'd say that has quite a bit more than bugger all to do with it! (Your term NOT mine).

Then of course there is also the fact that people who use wheelchairs are generally ill or disabled in some way and oftentimes have less stamina that fit able bodied people ... ever thought of that for a moment?

There is nothing wrong in attempting to set a benchmark for others using a wheelchair to follow, in fact contrary to the vibes I sense here from some, I shall be genuinely delighted if another wheelchair user is inspired to break any target or record I have set ... the more diversity in the game the better ... however, I can see that not all feel that way ... which essentially is the crux ofthe matter.

OK, my opinion on this one. Lots of people have restrictions that would stop them doing certain caches. A wheelchair is just one of many.

No I am not going to get into a debate about what other restrictions there are!

The discussion however is moot as there is not going to be a record. Clear enough yet?

The discussion however is moot as there is not going to be a record. Clear enough yet?

It is abundantly clear, in spite of your sarcasm; however, I do not have to agree with your somewhat off the cuff rearks about the value of such a record for someone using a wheelchair ... see above for the reasons why this s more difficult.

You make it sound like I am just making things up as I go along, this is a known feature of statgen3 from GSAK, easy to vaildate ... don't you know about GSAK macros?

Your comments about a Monks Habit are ridiculous and totally miss the point I was making about diversity ... you can choose whether or not to wear one ... wheelchair users cannot by and large choose to go without theirs.

Maybe I should just set up my own records page and accept offerings just from my friends also ... I am at a loss to know why you think that by having a wheelchair record somehow detracts from the other records, perhaps you can tease that out for me?

I think Mongoose's point is there are many handicaps to doing a lot of caches in a given space of time, off the top of my head:

not having own transport

other commitments(work, family etc.)

lack of cash

being a wheelchair user

being otherwise disabled

It's clear that, for example, a single person who does not work but has a car and lots of disposable cash and the inclination could harvest most of the records. If there are records for one factor which limits caching why not all?

Anyone going to claim "Quickest 1000 caches for a single parent without own car"?