Holy Grail of caching

ProjectFred325

I have a bookmark list called The Classics where I've been compiling the caches most frequently cited as "must dos" by local cachers. They run the gamut from scenic wonders to puzzles to scary fun. Most are local to Puget Sound, but a few are scattered around Washington and northern Oregon.

Always welcome suggestions from anyone for caches I've overlooked. I'm sure I'm missing some classic puzzles, as I don't do that many of them.

Edited by hydnsek

I have a bookmark list called The Classics where I've been compiling the caches most frequently cited as "must dos" by local cachers. They run the gamut from scenic wonders to puzzles to scary fun. Most are local to Puget Sound, but a few are scattered around Washington and northern Oregon.

Always welcome suggestions from anyone for caches I've overlooked.

When I click on the link for the bookmakr it gives me this error message -

Confirm Bookmark Deletion

We were unable to locate the List in the database.

For a list

Please review the items below and click the butto to confirm your deletion. This cannot be undone.

NEVER MIND - I got that error the first 3 times - then of course once I reply, it goes to the list. Sorry.... :ph34r:

Edited by Blue Power Ranger

We are looking for the key cahes to have under our belts as we approach 500. We are planning the APE challenge and Original Stash for the summer. What else are the must haves?

What about the oldest active cache in WA? Mountain Marsh ===> CG8 <===.

Except it's mostly likely gone, washed away this winter (see recent logs and photo).

Always welcome suggestions from anyone for caches I've overlooked.

When I click on the link for the bookmakr it gives me this error message -

Confirm Bookmark Deletion

We were unable to locate the List in the database.

NEVER MIND - I got that error the first 3 times - then of course once I reply, it goes to the list. Sorry....

For a list

Please review the items below and click the button to confirm your deletion. This cannot be undone.

You were too quick on the draw. :ph34r: I mis-pasted the link and was fixing it as you replied. Sorry for the temporary confusion. Link is now correct.

Always welcome suggestions from anyone for caches I've overlooked. I'm sure I'm missing some classic puzzles, as I don't do that many of them.

How about Crowbar and Old Chinese Labor Camp and Monte Cristo and Washington Pass Cache? You can't get a more classic rite of passage puzzle than Nellie Does Green Lake. Perhaps the Totally Tubular series?

We are looking for the key cahes to have under our belts as we approach 500. We are planning the APE challenge and Original Stash for the summer. What else are the must haves?

Except it's mostly likely gone, washed away this winter (see recent logs and photo).

Nooo!!! :ph34r:

How about Crowbar and Old Chinese Labor Camp and Monte Cristo and Washington Pass Cache? You can't get a more classic rite of passage puzzle than Nellie Does Green Lake. Perhaps the Totally Tubular series?

Great additions! Totally Tubular is already on there. I had Nellie on there originally but had removed it cos it's gotten a bit dated, but you are right, it's a classic.

One of my favorite caches of all time, "Alki Tour #2 Cache" #GC433B.

There have been other caches (besides the ones already posted in this thread and the bookmark) that I'd say are iconic to people, but they're archived, unfortunately.

That reminds me, the trail work should be done so I should get it put back in place for Uplink. Nice to see one of mine on Hydnsek's list.

Peace, Nolenator

I keep telling everyone. The grail is in my basement on top of the freezer!

:rolleyes:

It really is there. We've seen it!!

If I had to add something to that list it would be an event by Shop99er or the Champoeg Campout. Two things everyone should do at least once.

You're gonna make her blush.... :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone who made great suggestions for updating my NW Classics bookmark list. And thanks to those who've rated it "useful." :laughing:

I've just finished revising it, based on input. It contains 26 caches that are most frequently cited as the "must do's" when visitors ask what to see/do, as well as popular "rites of passage." Emphasis is on Seattle area and nearby day trips, as well as a few other caches (e.g. Original Stash, Room With a View) that are frequently cited as NW classics for those on road trips. I included a couple of hiking caches, focusing on bang-for-the-buck for the mainstream cacher. I also added some location info, to help visitors who aren't familiar with local names and landmarks plan their trips.

See what you think, and let me know if I missed anything crucial. Of course, there are tons of wonderful caches around here, and many of my favorites are not on here, but the goal was to keep the list succinct and representative of the key caches in various categories (scenic, iconic, historic, clever). Also, a few faves are no longer active (e.g., Mountain Marsh), so sadly, they aren't on here.

Edited by hydnsek

Hey... Is this cache going to be Maintained? I checked on it today. I Really wanted to do it when I go out to the area next time...