I'm pretty SURE the GW5 M&G was a MEGA event....!

Will the GW5 Meet & Greet get MEGA status??? I was there and there HAD to be at LEAST 1000 people!

Fun moments among hours of fun: Jeremy came and sat next to me. We talked for a bit and I scored a Lackey coin! THANKS JEREMY! B)

Finally meeting Corps of Discovery. :P

Seeing JoGPS arrive near the end. B)

Showing off the Snoogstress' ultrasound. :rolleyes:

Meeting so many other folks I wanted to meet from these forums. :P:(;):D

Seeing my friend Ranboze on the big screen in the Geocaching documentaries. B)

Shauna's smile. :P

Will the GW5 Meet & Greet get MEGA status??? I was there and there HAD to be at LEAST 1000 people!

Fun moments among hours of fun: Jeremy came and sat next to me. We talked for a bit and I scored a Lackey coin! THANKS JEREMY! B)

Finally meeting Corps of Discovery. :P

Showing off the Snoogstress' ultrasound. :P

Meeting so many other folks I wanted to meet from these forums. B)B):DB)

Shauna's smile. :P

I doubt very much the veracity of your statement. According to confidential reports which I have received from confidential and highly-placed sources, the entire "mega-event" thing surrounding GW 5 was really an elaborate hoax, aided by Illuminati/Bilderberg Cabal/government-paid disinformation agents such as yourself, and that the REALITY is that Geowodstock 5 has turned out to be simply five geocachers from the NC area getting together in a diner for breakfast.

Oh, and there is no "Jeremy"; he is/was a convenient paper puppet figure created by the same Illuminati/New World Order/government skunk ops & disinformation team that conceived of the hoax event known as "Geowoodstock 5".

End of story! I am right and you are wrong!

:(

:rolleyes:

;)

B)B):DB)

Showing off the Snoogstress' ultrasound. :P

:P:(:D

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Carleen, you see Snoogans procreating as a good thing ?????????? :lol:

Just kidding. As somebody who has met, cached and went offroading with the man, the myth, the legend that is Snoogans all I can say is "Congrats Snoogans!" And to the future little Snooganite I say "If you have questions about anything, ask your Mom" :blink::P:(

The GW5 Meet and Greet on the 25th did indeed get converted to a Mega Event. At least 400 "attended" logs so far.

I did say "grats" in person Snoogans, but grats again!

Whatta ya mean converted to one, it was always listed as a mega event. I took a quick scroll back through the weekly notifications to April for a date at random and here it is, extra's clipped out for brevity:

This is an automated message from Groundspeak LoBot Mailer

Hello from Groundspeak! This is your weekly geocaching.com update from Groundspeak for 4/19/2007 to 4/26/2007

--------------------------------------

II. Upcoming "Mega" Events (3 Events)

1. GeoWoodstock 5 (Mega-Event Cache) (GCZKVX)

Location: North Carolina, United States (511.9mi SE (823.8km SE))

Date: 5/26/2007 by ncgeocachers.org

This whole topic has me befused and confuddled now. :blink:

The GW5 Meet and Greet on the 25th did indeed get converted to a Mega Event. At least 400 "attended" logs so far.

I did say "grats" in person Snoogans, but grats again!

Whatta ya mean converted to one, it was always listed as a mega event. I took a quick scroll back through the weekly notifications to April for a date at random and here it is, extra's clipped out for brevity:

This is an automated message from Groundspeak LoBot Mailer

Hello from Groundspeak! This is your weekly geocaching.com update from Groundspeak for 4/19/2007 to 4/26/2007

II. Upcoming "Mega" Events (3 Events)

1. GeoWoodstock 5 (Mega-Event Cache) (GCZKVX)

Location: North Carolina, United States (511.9mi SE (823.8km SE))

Date: 5/26/2007 by ncgeocachers.org

This whole topic has me befused and confuddled now. :blink:

The topic is dealing with the Meet & Greet the night before, which was a different meeting and had a different page on Groundspeak. I don't have the GC number, but I was there, and promise you, it was, indeed, a mega event.

When I left the event Friday evening, we counted the names in the event log and there were 615. I'm sure there were some that didn't get a chance to sign it either.

As for the Saturday event, we had 1,833 that had officially registered for the event, and from being at the registration table both days, I'm sure there were at least 200 that arrived but did not register. We also had a few no shows :D for the event on Saturday, but I was too tired to count those numbers.

Glad I got a chance to speak to a few friends that I know from these forums, just wished I wasn't so busy that I could have spent more time socializing.

See ya next year at GW6. :D

I'm pretty sure we had enough attendees to petition for Mega status. It was a great event, and I'm glad a lot of new people got to see the Adventures in Geocaching documentary for the first time, including Jeremy and Shauna. My only regret is that I never stopped to get a burger so I had to hit the drive thru at Arby's on the way home at 11. :(

Edited by wimseyguy

I'm pretty sure we had enough attendees to petition for Mega status. It was a great event, and I'm glad a lot of new people got to see the Adventures in Geocaching documentary for the first time, including Jeremy and Shauna. My only regret is that I never stopped to get a burger so I had to hit the drive thru at Arby's on the way home at 11. :(

Flowerdoc and I were standing next to Shauna and Jeremy during the showing of the documentary and they definitely enjoyed it! But maybe not Ventura Kids comment about Jeremy not really understanding the competitive nature of geocaching. (I believe I am paraphrasing his exact line...)

And couldn't you and I both afford to skip a burger here and there? :(

It was a great night! And a welcome addition to the weekend's proceedings! I think I actually met more folks on Friday night than I did on Saturday.

Fun moments among hours of fun: Jeremy came and sat next to me. We talked for a bit and I scored a Lackey coin! THANKS JEREMY! :(

Showing off the Snoogstress' ultrasound. :(

Wow. Nice score on the Lackey coin!

Here's hoping that next year I finally get to meet all the Snoogonians - including the newest. Hopefully you will be heading out to California for GW6...........

Fun moments among hours of fun: Jeremy came and sat next to me. We talked for a bit and I scored a Lackey coin! THANKS JEREMY! :(

Showing off the Snoogstress' ultrasound. :(

Wow. Nice score on the Lackey coin!

Here's hoping that next year I finally get to meet all the Snoogonians - including the newest. Hopefully you will be heading out to California for GW6...........

I'm totally planning to BE there. I wouldn't miss a GW unless I had to. It's just wayyy too much fun to miss out on. The fact that the Snoogsress' family are in nearby Folsom and Orangevale is just a bonus. I wouldn't miss it if it was in EUROPE. :ph34r:

I'm lookin' foreword to meeting you there. :(

Edited by Snoogans

Fun moments among hours of fun: Jeremy came and sat next to me. We talked for a bit and I scored a Lackey coin! THANKS JEREMY! :D

Finally meeting Corps of Discovery. :blink:

Showing off the Snoogstress' ultrasound. :lol:

Meeting so many other folks I wanted to meet from these forums. :D:D:):D

Shauna's smile. :D

I don't know what you're talking about...we've never met. I did meet Micro-Maximus however:

d94c70d0-d0ec-4123-816d-654cca00dfba.jpg

:D

Fun moments among hours of fun: Jeremy came and sat next to me. We talked for a bit and I scored a Lackey coin! THANKS JEREMY! :D

Finally meeting Corp of Discovery. :lol:

Seeing JoGPS arrive near the end. :D

Showing off the Snoogstress' ultrasound. :lol:

Meeting so many other folks I wanted to meet from these forums. :D:blink::(:)

Seeing my friend Ranboze on the big screen in the Geocaching documentaries. :D

Shauna's smile. :D

I don't know what you're talking about...we've never met. I did meet Micro-Maximus however:

d94c70d0-d0ec-4123-816d-654cca00dfba.jpg

:angry:

That's right!

They call me (dramatic pause) Micro-MAXIMUS!

Yes, I got quite a bit of mileage out of my Greek God pose. Second only to my Super Hero pose.

I can't thank eagletrek enough for the fun I had with that. :D

People were coming up to me all weekend in support of the One Degree of Separation project. I was blown away by just how many people who never participated in that thread were watching and took the time to mention it to me at the various events of the weekend. There were literally dozens. :D