Sig Items - Do you have one?

I enjoy caching. My preference is traditional caches, mostly because I think they bring me to more enjoyable places. I really don't care about swapping swag (on the other hand, my 7 year old . . .) but I enjoy seeing sig items left behind, especially ones I've seen before.

Do you use a sig item?

If so:

What is it?

Does it have special meaning?

Have you gotten comments on it?

Do people end up taking them for collections?

I was thinking of coming up with one myself but am at a loss for what it should be. I was thinking maybe a little sig card (laminated, of course) attached to a pencil sharpener (I've been to lots of caches that have whittled pencils). I figure a little message on the back asking that it be left there for people who use the cache with maybe a pointer to a companion themed cache so if people really want one for themselves they can go find one and log another cache in the process.

My other thought was a stamp, so I can leave a sig in a micro. (Kind of letterboxie, but sometimes it's difficult to find a good place to write.

I dont know if its a sig item or not, but we leave this at caches. We tried to think of something that children would find interesting and that wasnt common.

We dont collect coins so no special meaing to us. We buy them in bulk and package them up and put stickers on them. The kids love doing this. The coins are all different.

Weve only done this for a couple weeks. I have heard of people taking them. I dont know why they took them. (For a collection, for kids, etc.)

I hope other kids like them and if adults do too, all the better. ;)

I got my smashed coin die in the mail just before I left on my honeymoon. I have not rolled a single coin yet, but I will this weekend. I'll post pictures as soon as I start rolling them out.

general_tupperware gets credit for the final design, but it was based on my inspiration and tweaked by 501 Gang and Thot.

64c33045-6b02-4b5e-96a6-a94c398769bd.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Heres Mine! Its my Stamped penny- I leave em in all the caches I visit, left a few at events, and traded a few too!

I like to see them and when I do, I usually grab em up...But only one! if there is more than one Sig. I dont take it, although I did take several mangled sig cards that were in tatters and soaked! (they were done...but I still have them)and I would usually leave he cards. (like Buisness cards)

Get a sig. Leave it everywhere, and people will soon be on a sig hunt for one of your sigs!...especially if its a cool one :cool:

I wanna go on a Sig Hunt after KNIGHT2000!...Do you leave them all over, or just special caches?

And SNOOGANS...Wanna Trade?...Stamped penny for smashed penny?

I got my smashed coin die in the mail just before I left on my honeymoon. I have not rolled a single coin yet, but I will this weekend. I'll post pictures as soon as I start rolling them out.

general_tupperware gets credit for the final design, but it was based on my inspiration and tweaked by 501 Gang and Thot.

That is very cool, where do you get one of those?

That is very cool, where do you get one of those?

The machine and all the extra equipment I bought cost just a hair under 5k. If ya just want 1 sig item and your very own coin press, knock a couple K off. Still want one? :cool:

this is as close as i get to a sig in a cache. here's what i write in the log book:

(date) - simpjkee

O, the body is so

heavy...how do we move it....

how do we survive it

-HSJ

I wrote the quote because it's my favorite quote and it does mean something to me. I f i tried to explain what it mean to me, it would take me hours, so i'll leave it at that and move on

I came up with this one for my first. I have a newly designed nickel in the mail now. I've had people tell me they've collected them. I enjoy looking at sig items in caches but I don't collect them.

7496f518-2654-4bbe-9397-cc289da748f7.jpg

I like finding them to, but I can't see collecting them because that would mean taking them from where their creator left them.

That's kind of why I thought of setting up a cache with just the signature item, for those who collect.

Those wooden "coins" are awesome, are they homemade?

I came up with this one for my first. I have a newly designed nickel in the mail now. I've had people tell me they've collected them. I enjoy looking at sig items in caches but I don't collect them.

I like finding them to, but I can't see collecting them because that would mean taking them from where their creator left them.

That's kind of why I thought of setting up a cache with just the signature item, for those who collect.

This is a bookmark list of Signature item caches

Im Still Looking to Trade People for their sig items Just Send me an EmailMnartist@gmail.com

Not homemade, I have no talents. I get mine from geonickels.com. He does a great job with my design concepts and is quick. I have a new design in the mail now (it's my new avatar on the left). Can't wait to get them. There's a new signature item cache in town and I haven't dropped mine off there yet but plan to. Now I have to decide if I drop off my old nickel or the new one.

I don't mind people taking them from the caches I leave them in. I think it's a bit complimentary if someone likes it enough to collect it.

I started out carving nickels with a dremel

coin1.jpg

and then realized that was too time consuming.

Stickers and chips are much faster, so now I'm making the V-chips for my five year addiction anniversary

chipblack.jpg

All three carvings and all four chip colors can be seen on my profile.

Cool stuff here. We made a set of 20 different laminated calling cards as we were fed up of the generic ones made 500 of them and then threw away half of the number 1's and number 20's All have different images on them front and back.

Here is a low res image of two of them

d977315e-4a54-43c7-99f2-e8d790195b15.jpg

All the other ones we find we keep in a scrap book at home or in our sig item box. We have a rare huga carved monkey no 16 of 28 as he no longer caches its quite rare !

My cache name is mbharpman. I am a blues musician and play harmonica in my band. I bought a small quanity of small harmonicas and plan on leaving those as a sig item.

I also have a travel bug I am sending to Memphis with a "harp" attached as soon as I get back out.

Health issues have kept me home for a short season.

Blues with a feelin'...

I've put out over a 1000 wooden coins with my Team Madog dragon on them. Recently, I've put out a couple of hundred carabiners with my team name printed on them. Finally, I've just recently started putting out Bev Keys with my team name and a stylized Welsh dragon on them. :shocked:

I make my own geocoin (hacked out the cash for it to be trackable & iconned too) and occasionally leave one or just randomly mail one to a cacher as a gift or to start it somewhere besides my home.

I'm one of them starving students too so I occasionally ebay a handful to pay for gas or books and the like, but have given away a lot more than I've sold. I like it that way actually :lol:

How I Make It

inhand.jpg

Edited because my colleging broke my spelling skillz.

Edited by scavok

Goodness but I've been somewhat out of the geoloop lately and am dazzled by some of the creative sig trinkets being pointed out here. Clearly not the first such "show your sig item" thread to date but just thought I'd post mine (again) here for "show 'n tell":

8b1f751c-0957-4170-91b5-bb6b64773a89.jpg

It's a bitty passport (an exact replica of my real passport - right down to the official U.S. seal watermark on the paper) and the sigs come in a variety of flavors. Each is trackable HERE, and all include the wee passport, while some have an attached blue glass globe with green continents. And for really special caches (milestones, etc.) some have 22k GOLD continents (just 6 of the latter dropped to date). They seem to be quite sought after and I've traded quite a few for geocoins. I only drop them in caches that I favor, give them to geopals I meet at events, etc. else trade for special geocoins or especially creative sigs that I fancy (like... vtmtnman's lovely dominoes and scavok's nifty lead token...) :anitongue: