Geocaching Calendars 2008

Mandy I added us to the list and then noticed that Mark must have done it as well. We would like 1 calendar please so the count is off as we are on there twice. I will post the money as the summer gets closer.

We really miss all of you. The girls are begging dad to go for a visit. We may have to use their college funds but hope to come again before the go off to college.

The calendars are selling slowly but surely there are 17 left now. :D

I am going to try to get the two cachers who are concerned with the two charities to do a short write up each, :anicute: (when I can find them :D )

Come on lets sell the last 17 then we will raise £300.00 for each of the two charities which would be fantastic!! :):)

Mandy :)

GREAT NEWS!!!

After several email back and forth across the pond to Groundspeak, and with the help/backing of one of our brilliant reviewers I have been given permission to use the Geocaching Logo on the calendar :D:D:D

There are one or two rules (as you would expect) B) but these are not a problem.

I did say in my OP in this thread that I was going to ask if I could use the logo on the calendar, but I did not hold much hope of Groundspeak allowing me to use it as the calendar was being sold and the profits going to charity, but our friends at Groundspeak were very helpful and caused me no problems :D

I beleive this could be a first for the UK, and I am VERY PLEASED they have agreed to letting me use the logo, I am now trying for a few images of Signal the Frog, (well I might as well try to push my luck a bit further B) ) and I will let you all know if I can use some images of Signal once I find out myself.

Thanks very much for your help Mr Reviewer Sir :)

Mandy :D

78 calendars pre-ordered B) (if I have counted right) ;)

Which means I still need to sell a minimum of 32 more to be able to hit the goal for the 2 charities :cool:

Mandy B)

Hi Mandy, Can I order one please and if any of my photo's are of any use, feel free to use what you need.

Jean

I have choosen about 20 photographs now :mad:

I will need about 15 more, I will never have time to go through over 100 profiles looking for photographs so if you have one you would like me to look at please let me know as soon as possible. :(

There are now 13 calendars left :D

Mandy :(

Will there be Captions with the Photos? Saying where it was taken etc!

I have choosen about 20 photographs now :(

I will need about 15 more, I will never have time to go through over 100 profiles looking for photographs so if you have one you would like me to look at please let me know as soon as possible. :D

There are now 13 calendars left :D

Will there be Captions with the Photos? Saying where it was taken etc!

Yes.... who took the photo, where it is and what cache it was near to :mad:

M :(

Okay, have done, thank you. :D Sorry I've left it so long before sending them.

WOW WOW and WOW Becky has just emailed me some amazing photo's, I know the printer on plain paper just won't do them justice! :(:(:( I am only sorry I stated only 1 photo from each caching team to give everyone a chance :mad:

I have had others emailed to me today too, I think 10 more photographs and I will have enough to complete the calendar, :D I said the final date for photos would be August 31st but I also said first come first served, the standard of photos I have received have been fantastic :D

If you have photos you would like me to look at please send me a link through our profile as soon as possible.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me out with fantastic photos I do appreciate it.

Wow, only 6 left? That's fantastic Mandy! :D

This is a wonderful job you are doing for two brilliant charities, well done everyone who has promised to buy calendars and also to everyone who has so generously supplied pictures. :D

Thank you so much, I know Dogs for the Disabled are delighted with the news of progress of the calendar.

Oh and as there are only six more ... anyone who has missed out should buy now to avoid disappointment! ;)

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

I'm struggling to comprehend how large bold type and smileys are within your capabilities but a simple link escapes you.

And the fact she raising money for what ever cause is a darnt site better than you bleating weather she can do links or not.. sheeeeeee's talk about pathetic..

Moss T

I'm struggling to comprehend how large bold type and smileys are within your capabilities but a simple link escapes you.

The smilies are just to the left so I just click on those :D

And the size of the font is just to the top, which incidentally I only found yesterday after using these forums for almost 2 and a half years now, I did not even know you could change the size of the font in here ;) and I discovered by messing on if I highlighted the bit of writing I wanted making bigger then clicked the size in the box above it made the writing big, I only found this out by messing about as it is not something I have done until yesterday :D

I think I probably have been told how to do a link before but as it is something I use so rarely I have probably forgotten how to do it :D I don't have a problem that I can't do links as it is not something I need to do regularly, and if I want to put a website or anything onto a page I will copy and paste it, OK it won't be a live link but it will be there for folks to see and copy and paste themselves if they wish to do so.

I think because you are the only person who has a problem because I can't do links, that you should learn me, by typing it all out step by step for me to try to do and learn how to do them. :D

Anyway this is way off topic for this thread.

Only 5calendars left :cool:

If those last 5 are pre-ordered then they all sell in September that will be £300.00 each for Dogs for the disabled and Berkshire Search and Rescue Dogs.

Come on you know you want to take the last 5 offa my hands :(:(

Put me down for 2 please.

Only 2 left now :(:):cool:

Who's arm can I twist for the final two?

The calendars have sold great :D thank you very much to everyone who has pre-ordered one, I will let this thread slip in to oblivion very soon, :( and contact you all again at the beginning of September.

Myself and the two charities appreciate your help and think you are all GREAT for helping out :(:(

Don't encourage me Gary I don't need encouraging :(:(

Could 2 or 3 people who have ordered a calendar and who have a colour printer ready to use, please email me through our profile.

I have something I would like to email to you and for you to print it off and let me know what you think of it :(

There are still 2 left :cool:

Oh and bump :(

Mandy :)

Who gives a stuff if anyone can do links or not...

At the end of the day this is not an IT lesson, some people are just not good with PC's - and to be honest - it's not TERRIBLY straight forward to do links if you're a bit of a technophobe - which I know Mandy is (and I'm sure she won't berate me for saying that!!)

Some people don't do links, some people don't do hills... just a good job we're not all the same eh!!

At the end of the day, Mandy is doing a fabulous job creating these calendars for no benefit of her own!!

Well done Mandy!

... I highlighted the bit of writing I wanted making bigger then clicked the size in the box above it made the writing big...

[sNIP]

I think because you are the only person who has a problem because I can't do links, that you should learn me,

Fair enough, but I'm not typing it all out coz you've done most of it. Instead of clicking the 'size' box, click the hyperlink.gif button just below and then type/paste the URL of the site you wish to link to.

... I highlighted the bit of writing I wanted making bigger then clicked the size in the box above it made the writing big...

[sNIP]

I think because you are the only person who has a problem because I can't do links, that you should learn me,

Fair enough, but I'm not typing it all out coz you've done most of it. Instead of clicking the 'size' box, click the hyperlink.gif button just below and then type/paste the URL of the site you wish to link to.

Thank you Ian I am going to try.....

http://random-sheep.com/Geocalendar/

[sNIP]

Thank you Ian I am going to try, to see if I can get it to work..

Did it work :(

Mandy :cool:

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Oh it worked :(

I think I did it the long way round but at least it worked :( see I can do links now thanks to you Ian :cool:

I opened the webpage for the calendars, I copied and pasted it on to the forum thread, I highlighted the web addie and clicked the globe logo, in the pink box I pasted the addie from the thread and clicked OK I had the web page addie twice when I looked but on the link it only showed up once.

Like I say I have probably done it the long way around but at least I got it to work :)

Thanks again Ian :(

Still 2 left :D

Don't encourage me Gary I don't need encouraging :):(

Could 2 or 3 people who have ordered a calendar and who have a colour printer ready to use, please email me through our profile.

I have something I would like to email to you and for you to print it off and let me know what you think of it :(

There are still 2 left :cool:

Oh and bump :(

I am still waiting for 2-3 folks to help me out

Bugga it didn't work :cool:

I thought I had done it right, the link is there but it does not work :(

So tell me what I did wrong :(

your URL in your link has two http:// statements ie it starts http://http://

one http:// needs to be deleted. It's because the link box already has an http in it and then you've pasted in another http when you copied the link. Getting there though!