Sydney Stroll

forthferalz

Well now then, will there be more clues / cryptexes to solve this problem, narrowing the target area in or is this the final hint we will get?

you don't get coordinates from the cryptexes, you get clues as to where the photo was taken... you have to find that location and then find its coordinates.
Edited by OshnDoc

awwww cute - hope you made a few koalas!

the last cryptex is released -

you need the surname of a Sydney artist - just use the link/arrows above the blog entry to navigate back (and forwards) through the blog until you have visited all 6 cryptexes and the crypt.

Then Use the FINAL letters of all your solutions in capitals as the password to the Sydney Crypt

which has the link to take you ( literally or virtually ) to where the "horrible photo" was taken. Howyou get teh coordiantes is up to you.

All guesses submitted to the BLOG ( it will hold them from public view ) or by email through my GC profile before the coins go on sale will be entered into a random draw. ONE guess per caching handle registered before game start date - my coords are locked into the geochecker site but there is a range of 30 m allowed.

if the associated Waymark WM112V is approved you can even get a smiley later if not a coin.

AHHHH im so confused!!! i solved all the cry[ptexs no problem, but cant seem to come up with coordinates that the checker likes B) what am i doing wrong!

That's exactly where I'm at also!

:huh:

You don't HAVE to use the checker. You are all really close! HiDude_98 is closest to me so far. It is "closest to my estimate", no appologies for being way out!

Just send them in anyway - the checker was just to "help" you if you got really sidetracked - and lock in my coords so I wouldn't be tempted to 'adjust' anything :D I took 3 readings in the rain under heavy cloud cover , and plumped for the middle one. There was this big --------- ---- occupying the spot in question at the time - hope someone else in Sydney gets to the spot and takes a photo -it will be interesting to see if their coords are anywhere near mine!

It's supposed to be a lighthearted way to twiddle thumbs waiting for Steve's coin, I learnt a heap too setting the puzzles - as he said it has been a long time in production ( how much is my fault i wonder for 'helping'! :( ) but they look great and all good things etc.....

Interestingly my US cousins MISSED my brother's Sydney wedding the next day partly thanks to the sat nav in their hired car B) They made the reception - I thought they had just all slept in!

Contest still open - a dozen entries so far - one finisher standing on the well dressed peoples toes.

Gee I thought it would be a lot easier than it has been to log the exact coords - where are the Sydney siders? if you can't get a reading/photo yourself perhaps send a proxy - I'll put in a pair of... something... for joint entries <_<

The final vesions of the coins are on the website http://www.hogwildstuff.org/Future_Projects.htm

Satin silver koala is a "lucky" or trade only finish!

And the winner is Dresseldragons! I'll post out your coin as soon as I get one :blink:

http://www.hogwildstuff.org/index.php?act=...at&catId=15

syndney_Round_nickel.jpg

( PS oops that was quick! the 4 coin set is out of stock and teh copper round is down to 9! Congratulations Steve and Jamie on a great design - it sure was fun working with you guys!)

THANKS! Now if I could only visit those coords in person!

And the winner is Dresseldragons! I'll post out your coin as soon as I get one :blink:

syndney_Round_nickel.jpg

( PS oops that was quick! the 4 coin set is out of stock and teh copper round is down to 9! Congratulations Steve and Jamie on a great design - it sure was fun working with you guys!)

Maybe i can!!! im going to australia this July and i cant wait!! i'll be suer to take this coords with me to see if i end up there!

And the winner is Dresseldragons! I'll post out your coin as soon as I get one :rolleyes:

syndney_Round_nickel.jpg

Maybe i can!!! im going to australia this July and i cant wait!! i'll be suer to take this coords with me to see if i end up there!

cool!

I htink you will wind up in the fountain nearby! See if you can post us a photo of the arthur Stace memorial that is there soemwhere - just pebbles in teh ground near the water feature which is near one of the train entrances I believe. rattlingcrew and i have sister caches hidden as well waiting for a few finders to draw for another coin but they are not active yet :blink: Glen?

Thanks Yime ! I had a request for the final coords - it's on the blog -you need your passsword and for anyone who missed out on the certificate here is another feralized version of Jamie's artwork that was errrr not commercial ( it's avery Ken D sky ) :0

stroll-certificate.jpg

Hog's on it unless you want it off SBD?

Edited by forthferalz

My Sydney coins came yesterday! They are really awesome! I knew I would love the Koala! I'm a sucker for the cute ones! :rolleyes: I was surprised at how much I liked the round ones. I like that they are a little different from each other, besides just different metals. I had to keep one of each of them. Usually I wouldn't keep both of the rounds just because they are different metals. These are enough different, I just had to keep them both. Great job Jamie, Forthferalz & Hogwildstuff!

:P Southbyday has upgraded the prize to a lovely Silver Koala ( this one isn't for sale!). I've sent him the Dressel's address.

Ladebear will find the info on the coins here - last blue tab on the far right

http://www.hogwildstuff.org

icon for Sydney eternity coin831.gif (still a few available now 3!)

icon for Sydney koala 832.gif

I don't think any of the coins are LE so there is no final minting number. The coins of each type are all sequentially numbered and mine head into the 230's.

oooh i got my parcel of coins yesterday with some extra surprises inside! Thanks +++ what can I say :P:huh: