Top Geocoin Approved Design

Fazanten

Dear Cachers,

After the spinning geocoin I tought about the Top-Geocoin, see artwork below:

tolletje.jpg

The idea is to put cache icons on the geocoin on one side. And add a small cone on the other site, so it can be used as a top. After spinning around, this geocoin can choose the cache you are going to do.

I know, I didn't use all the icons (e.g. Mega Event icon); I used the icons of which the caches are more or less quite common.

But the question is: are you cachers waiting for such a geocoin??

Or do you have suggestions to improve the design so far??

<_<

Some people that like geocoins will buy just about anything that is made. Most, like myself, buy those that specifically they like. This is an interesting coin so I think you should do well.

I might question your top effect. Most coins, even in relief, are no higher that the outer edge. You could make the center section as a freewheeling spinner with a pointer to the cache type.

I would buy this coin. Please keep me on your list.

<_<

<_<

I might question your top effect. Most coins, even in relief, are no higher that the outer edge. You could make the center section as a freewheeling spinner with a pointer to the cache type.

I would buy this coin. Please keep me on your list.

<_<

Do you mean something like this:

tolletje2.jpg

I don't know if this is technicaly possible??

In this case the geocoin can also be round, isn't it?

I agree that it would be wise to check with the powers that be as early as possible

If it is going to get shot down, you are better off finding out sooner rather than later

However . . .

If the Coins and Pins coin-and-pin combo coin was valid, I would think that your idea should be within the allowed parameters as well

We like the top design better and think it is an original idea. Even though there are other coins with spinners on them, this one is unique in my opinion. I would try to see if you can get your idea approved. You might want to use some models made out of wood to try and see how flat the coin can been and still spin easily. We'll be buying 1 of each metal. :anibad:

--Marky

Geocoins must be flat (or close to it) so you should probably ask Bryan. If there were two flat pieces that assembled made something 3D then maybe that'll be ok.

I asked Brian today, I am very curious about the answer.

As soon as I hear something, I will let you know.

OK: I have permission for a cone of max 5 mm :anicute: and to use the Groundspeak icons on the top :ph34r::anicute:

Because of all the positive feedback :anicute: , I made a internet site for reservations of this Top Geocoin, just click here.

The Top Geocoin will be taken into production if at least 250 reservations are made, and will get its own icon. There are 5 different kind of metals, so I think everyone can make their choice.

The production numbers will depend on the reservations, so there will be no LE or SE. If the 250 is reached, the reserved numbers of each metal will be produced.

The only thing that isn't clear yet is the 5 mm height cone or half ball under the geocoin to give it the Top effect.

I don't know the price yet. But as soon as I have a price, I will publish it.

I want to ask anyone who replied at this topic, to make a reservation at the internet site, so I have all your information.

Edited by Fazanten

I'll make a reservation as soon as the "Verzenden" button works. :huh::anicute::ph34r::anicute::huh:

I made a reservation for 1 - I don't know if I will keep the reservation because he has no prices... I'm sure it will be quite high since shiping is already high - besides, LOOK at all the colors!!!

*sigh* Hopefully, I'll be quite pleased...... :(

It looks like this is why the form isn't working:

action="http://www.euronet.nl/cgi-bin/mailto/http://home.planet.nl/~pvsanten/geocoin/bedankt.htm?santen.roemers@wxs.nl"

I think you might have a typo in the action for that form.

--Marky

Strange the reservation site doesn't work for you. I already received a few reservations via the site.

I will have a look at it.

If it still gives problems, please send me an E-mail with all the information which is asked for at the site:

Nickname

Name

Adress

Postal Code

City

Country

E-mail adress

and the numbers of each metal

The shipping costs looks quite hight but I calculated the weight of this 50 mm geocoin (about 2 inches) :anicute:

I was thinking the same thing. Wow look at all those color. Not sure if this coin is going to be worth the price + shipping

.....and I really like the idea

Maybe you could work out a deal with someone in the USA to maybe split the order and save everyone the shipping costs. Just a thought.....

C_H

It is always possible to combine geocoins from different people and ship them against costs. That's wat a few Dutch cachers also do to lower the shipping costs from the States :anicute:

And if I know the exact weight of the coins, maybe I can lower the shipping costs.

In the meanwhile already 25 reservations are made :anicute:

I was thinking the same thing. Wow look at all those color. Not sure if this coin is going to be worth the price + shipping

Maybe you could work out a deal with someone in the USA to maybe split the order and save everyone the shipping costs. Just a thought.....

C_H

It is always possible to combine geocoins from different people and ship them against costs. That's wat a few Dutch cachers also do to lower the shipping costs from the States :anicute:

And if I know the exact weight of the coins, maybe I can lower the shipping costs.

In the meanwhile already 25 reservations are made :anicute:

Have you actually been given a price quote from the minter?

250 coins for a total cost of XXX

Please at least tell us a general price point on these. I'd be able to get a quote from my minter to get a general idea, but that wouldn't help since you are in a different country.

I also agree that zinc is the wrong way to go as far as base metal.

~~~~~

(Bent u eigenlijk gegeven een prijscitaat van minter? 250 muntstukken voor totale kosten van XXX Gelieve te vertellen minstens een algemeen prijspunt op deze. I'd om een citaat van mijn minter te kunnen ertoe brengen om een algemeen idee, zou maar dat te krijgen niet helpen aangezien u bent in een verschillend land Ik ben ook het ermee eens dat het zink de verkeerde manier om zover als onedel metaal is te gaan.)

Edited by Mandollyn

C_H

In the meanwhile already 25 reservations are made :ph34r:

Have you actually been given a price quote from the minter?

250 coins for a total cost of XXX

Please at least tell us a general price point on these. I'd be able to get a quote from my minter to get a general idea, but that wouldn't help since you are in a different country.

I also agree that zinc is the wrong way to go as far as base metal.

~~~~~

(Bent u eigenlijk gegeven een prijscitaat van minter? 250 muntstukken voor totale kosten van XXX Gelieve te vertellen minstens een algemeen prijspunt op deze. I'd om een citaat van mijn minter te kunnen ertoe brengen om een algemeen idee, zou maar dat te krijgen niet helpen aangezien u bent in een verschillend land Ik ben ook het ermee eens dat het zink de verkeerde manier om zover als onedel metaal is te gaan.)

Things are going a bit faster than I expected :anicute:

So I am waiting for a price from my minter; as soon as it is available, I will publish it.

It looks like this is why the form isn't working:

action="http://www.euronet.nl/cgi-bin/mailto/http://home.planet.nl/~pvsanten/geocoin/bedankt.htm?santen.roemers@wxs.nl"

I think you might have a typo in the action for that form.

--Marky

Strange the reservation site doesn't work for you. I already received a few reservations via the site.

I will have a look at it.

If it still gives problems, please send me an E-mail with all the information which is asked for at the site:

Nickname

Name

Adress

Postal Code

City

Country

E-mail adress

and the numbers of each metal

The shipping costs looks quite hight but I calculated the weight of this 50 mm geocoin (about 2 inches) :anicute:

It seems that the problem doesn't occur with Internet Explorer, but with other browsers.

I am not an IT expert :anicute: , so I am not able to fix this.

So, if your browser gives problems, please send me a regular E-mail with the asked information

If these coins are zinc like all the other coins you've made, there is no way the shipping costs are correct.

I'd like to know the price of the coins also.

As you know, there is more to pay than only the stamps :anicute:

But as soon as I know more, I will have a look at the shipping costs in detail.

I'll make a reservation as soon as the "Verzenden" button works. :ph34r::huh::anicute::anicute::huh:

I made a reservation for 1 - I don't know if I will keep the reservation because he has no prices... I'm sure it will be quite high since shiping is already high - besides, LOOK at all the colors!!!

*sigh* Hopefully, I'll be quite pleased...... :(

Ditto to what Mandollyn said... reservation sent, pending receipt of pricing. I really like the concept, just hope it doesn't lose anything in production.

I made a recalculation on the shipping costs and addapted it.

Some of you will think it is still very must, but this is the best I can do with this 2 inch heavy Top Geocoin :D.

You still haven't addressed the Zinc question B) ? Are these being made out of the same base metal as the Psycho Chicken Geocoins :D ? If so I think the term "heavy" is mis-leading B) .

The European mints are notorious for using Zinc as a base metal which makes for a very aluminum feeling coin. When questioned one of the reasons that has been mentioned is to save on shipping costs, I think that theory can be thrown out the window based on these prices B) .

I made a recalculation on the shipping costs and addapted it.

Some of you will think it is still very must, but this is the best I can do with this 2 inch heavy Top Geocoin :D.

You still haven't addressed the Zinc question B) ? Are these being made out of the same base metal as the Psycho Chicken Geocoins :D ? If so I think the term "heavy" is mis-leading B) .

The European mints are notorious for using Zinc as a base metal which makes for a very aluminum feeling coin. When questioned one of the reasons that has been mentioned is to save on shipping costs, I think that theory can be thrown out the window based on these prices B) .

As soon as I have a price from a minter, I can tell you the base material also :D

Maybe "Heavy" is misleading, I mean heavy because of the size of the geocoin, not because of the base material.

I have good news :) and I have bad news :)

The bad news: I don't know the base metal yet...

The good news: I know the prices B)

If the reservations numbers of the coins are between 250 and 499, the price is 6.50 Euro (approx 8.70 US dollar) (excl. shipping costs)

If the numbers are over 500, the price will be 5.50 Euro (approx 7.36 US dollar) (excl. shipping costs)

I think it is a good price for a 50 mm (= 2 inch) geocoin with one 3D side and one side with 14 soft cloisonné (smooth paint surface) colors.

If someone wants to change their reservation, you're welcome to send me an E-mail. Please reply to the confirmation E-mail and put the changed numbers in it.

At the moment I have already 140 reservations

Edited by Fazanten