Bonus Finds

currykev

They went to inspect it and found a large block of cannabis, which the Police reckoned had a street value of £3,000.

At a street value of around 40 pounds an ounce that's a bit under 5 pounds weight, or a bit over two kilos! Quite a large block indeed! But I think the police tend to estimate street value on the basis that it's sold in eighths or sixteenths of an ounce (which it mostly isn't), and at that size the price is proportionately higher, so the block might not have been that big.

And before anyone asks, no I don't... :rolleyes:

They went to inspect it and found a large block of cannabis, which the Police reckoned had a street value of £3,000.

At a street value of around 40 pounds an ounce that's a bit under 5 pounds weight, or a bit over two kilos! Quite a large block indeed! But I think the police tend to estimate street value on the basis that it's sold in eighths or sixteenths of an ounce (which it mostly isn't), and at that size the price is proportionately higher, so the block might not have been that big.

And before anyone asks, no I don't... :laughing:

Thats cheaper than it was 25 years ago...And if you ask.I don't...and I never inhaled. :)

currykev wrote:

Thats cheaper than it was 25 years ago...And if you ask.I don't...and I never inhaled.

Yes, the price has dropped dramatically. That could change though - I understand that it's become harder to get in the last few weeks, probably because of increased security at ports and airports due to anti-terrorism measures.

currykev wrote:

Thats cheaper than it was 25 years ago...And if you ask.I don't...and I never inhaled.

Yes, the price has dropped dramatically. That could change though - I understand that it's become harder to get in the last few weeks, probably because of increased security at ports and airports due to anti-terrorism measures.

Nah, it's because everyone has been stockpiling it up for the various bank holiday "carnivals" up and down the country :laughing:

And before anyone asks, yes i did, yes i inhaled, but no i don't now and haven't for around 16 months :)

As were on this theme we followed a track to a cache a week ago near scarborough, as we emerged from the wooded track we found two large field full of the stuff, Ironically the hint started with 'this is as high as you get' :anicute:

I assume it was the gm stuff for scientific research as it was obviously seed drilled rather than a sneaky plantation, good place for an event though just in case. :P

Last Sunday a junior caching team that are currently under

my wing decided to place a cache near a local wood along a footpath, when we arrived at the spot we were surprised to disturb acouple of local "naturists"(!!!) grabbing their clothes and running for the cover of the adjecent wheat field, the junior members were too interested in looking for the cache sight to notice ( yes I did say look at that!! , pointing in the opposite direction aswell) but the oppertunity for the shortist lived spoiler picture was missed as they disappeared into the wheat field.

As were on this theme we followed a track to a cache a week ago near scarborough, as we emerged from the wooded track we found two large field full of the stuff, Ironically the hint started with 'this is as high as you get' B)

I assume it was the gm stuff for scientific research as it was obviously seed drilled rather than a sneaky plantation, good place for an event though just in case. :ph34r:

I guess that would be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_sativa

As were on this theme we followed a track to a cache a week ago near scarborough, as we emerged from the wooded track we found two large field full of the stuff, Ironically the hint started with 'this is as high as you get' :)

I assume it was the gm stuff for scientific research as it was obviously seed drilled rather than a sneaky plantation, good place for an event though just in case. :unsure:

I guess that would be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_sativa

might look good but the level of the interesting chemicals is woefully low! you'd have to smoke the whole field to get much of a hit!!! :blink:

Me thinks on a recent caching expedition I found....an old cache. It appears the original cache was deemed to have gone AWOL. It was replaced by the owner in a slightly different location. For reasons I won't go into I had the new co-ords but the old clues. Having given up looking for something which was there but nothing nowhere near the clue we carried on walking to another cache nearby. On the way we saw what looked like a location that the first clue described and there we were. Looking at a cache that had been lost and is now found. I contacted the owner with the co-ords and hopefully it will be looked after in the correct manner. The TB I found in it was well happy to be moved on after 12 months in the wilderness.

So the oddest thing I ever found while caching was a cache!

As were on this theme we followed a track to a cache a week ago near scarborough, as we emerged from the wooded track we found two large field full of the stuff, Ironically the hint started with 'this is as high as you get' :lol:

I assume it was the gm stuff for scientific research as it was obviously seed drilled rather than a sneaky plantation, good place for an event though just in case. :lol:

It must be quite common.... I've just come back from checking on one of my caches and found acres of the stuff growing in the fields on either side of the small wood that hides the cache.

At least, it looks like cannabis....

cannibis.jpg

We found a dead cat in a wash in Tucson if that counts. It was stiff as a board as the sun is extreme out there all the time. Being a bunch of prangsters we propped it up on it's legs and told trickie it was a mountain cat - from a distance it looked like one but didn't smell like one close up. Gross I know. :tired: but we are all simple folks and I owed him one for filling my bag with rocks during a CITO.

I think FollowMeChaps was a bit surprised at this find the other day.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...a1-cd93ab21159a

".....Out of the bag it came, off with the lid, but what’s this, a box full of white powder cut into blocks? Oopsy, methinks I’ve got me someone else’s cache!!! Yes, I had apparently picked up a stash of heroin, cocaine or crack (see pictures). What a predicament!"

:) Did he "trade up, or equal"?

MrsB :o

Soon after starting caching I took my daughter and 3 of the grandchildren out caching - on searching around we came across a bin bag and got excited thinking it was the cache to find that it contained some rather interesting 'alternative' toys. The girls were wanting to see inside - I told them it was a lot of dog and horse pooh so they would leave it alone, which of course they did. We didn't find the cache but after dropping them all home, I decided that if we came as a family others would too and so I went back collected said bag and rather than letting my refuse collectors think they were mine I disposed of the bag in an industial bin not far from the cache site. I went back with 2 of the girls a few months later and got the cache. So far so good at not finding anything else of this nature.

Laughalot