The All New Groundspeak Uk Pub Quiz!

That only leaves one other (if the first bit of my guess was right) folks!

BTW, it's not The Netherlands either.

As an extra clue, when it was introduced, all territories that changed did so on the same day.

Well if they all joined on the same day, is it Greece, which is 1 hour further East so technically would be the first to start the new day?

That only leaves one other (if the first bit of my guess was right) folks!

BTW, it's not The Netherlands either.

As an extra clue, when it was introduced, all territories that changed did so on the same day.

Well if they all joined on the same day, is it Greece, which is 1 hour further East so technically would be the first to start the new day?

Got the right idea, but you need to go further.

Si je me rappelle correctement il y a une dependance de France s'appele quelque chose comme 'reunion' pres de Madagascar dans l'ocean Indien

Oui, c'est vrai.

Le Ding!

The French overseas department of Reunion in the Indian Ocean (21 06 S, 55 36 E, for anyone with a GPS) which is 4 hours ahead of GMT, or 3 hours ahead of Paris, and most of Europe.

From Google Earth, it appears to have 3 caches, 1 virt and 2 trads.

Over to Rutson for our next question...

Could we have a specific clue please?

Are these dates, which appear to be those of a hunting/shooting season, Anglo-centric or pan-British? The dates of seasons are quite different, for some forms of shooting, between Scotland and England.

This being a UK forum, I'm presuming that the dates are UK ones, rather than the Pennsylvanian dates of "The Deerhunter"? (the reason why I ask that is that the stated dates look like the Murricane ones and I'm puzzled)

The other D word is the name of a town in Newfoundland. American's probably have a constitutional right to use that word without comment or tittering, and as the forum software's US, it would be unconstitutional for it to filter it out. Or summit.

P.S. Isn't she the woman who had an album called 'Life For Rent'? :P

No to both.

Lunar eclipses happen less often than four times a year and not as regularly as these dates.

Solar flares happen almost every day, with a cycle of intensity of about 11 years.

These four (per year) occurrences are undoubtedly influenced by the Sun and, to a lesser extent, by the Moon, but this is principally a matter of the Earth's behaviour.

The basis of this phenomenon is fundamental to global navigation and ignoreance of it could, in an extreme case, cause a navigational error of 400 kilometres or more in certain circumstances.

No to both.

Lunar eclipses happen less often than four times a year and not as regularly as these dates.

Solar flares happen almost every day, with a cycle of intensity of about 11 years.

These four (per year) occurrences are undoubtedly influenced by the Sun and, to a lesser extent, by the Moon, but this is principally a matter of the Earth's behaviour.

The basis of this phenomenon is fundamental to global navigation and ignoreance of it could, in an extreme case, cause a navigational error of 400 kilometres or more in certain circumstances.

I think I've eventually thrashed an answer of sorts out of Google - could be a while before anyone guesses correctly!!