Travel Bugs

Just been going throught the list of Trackables on my profile , something I do from time to time,

as I have a bit of an intrest in what happens to the TB's that I have found in the past. What an eye opener, some gone missing and some still in the hands of cachers for quite a while. and what makes it annoying is that some of these cachers have been out and about and logged on lately. YET they still fail to drop the bugs off,Is it only me that gets annoyed by this? Do some of you also watch your trackable lists,

Nige :laughing:

Edited by The Northumbrian

Generally I tend to track a TB for it's next few hops before I remove it from my watch list, and I do occasionally have a look how some of the more fun ones are doing.

I am with you Nigel on noting the way some people hold on to TBs for ridiculous amounts of time, despite logging finds in the interim. Is it that we are just not caring enough about TBs, or just disorganised?

Do some of you also watch your trackable lists

I keep a watch on all of the caches I've found. As for trackables, there are a couple which I'm interested in and I check up on from time to time (e.g. the first TB I ever found). I'm not interested enough to add them as Watchlist items though

some of these cachers have been out and about and logged on lately. YET they still fail to drop the bugs off,Is it only me that gets annoyed by this?

No, it's not just you. And it's doubly anmnoying when its one of my own TBs that has gone into suspended animation.

Coincidentally, one of my TBs has been dormant for a while - picked up from a cache in Cambridge a while ago, and then no further logs. I got a message yesterday from someone saying that they'd picked it up in a cache in Malta. That's something else which really annoys me - when a TB does something interested like move hundreds of miles, with no explanation as to how it did it.

Oops - I may be turning this into another "rant" thread...time to shut up. :laughing:

I keep a watch on all of the caches I've found.

Wow! :rolleyes: No seriously that will stop...It's got to! :laughing:

Caching does take over your life and you will find yourself sat in front of a screen whenever you're not actually out there hunting Tupperware!

But watching every cache you ever find is taking this hobby/sport/pastime to a new extreme! :blink:

Back to the OP.

Yes it's nice to see the progress of TB's and coins that you have helped along the way.

I have a few special ones on my watchlist....

Cheers

Dave

Just been going throught the list of Trackables on my profile , something I do from time to time,

as I have a bit of an intrest in what happens to the TB's that I have found in the past. What an eye opener, some gone missing and some still in the hands of cachers for quite a while. and what makes it annoying is that some of these cachers have been out and about and logged on lately. YET they still fail to drop the bugs off,Is it only me that gets annoyed by this? Do some of you also watch your trackable lists,

Nige :laughing:

Keep in mind that it's easy to forget TBs at home in the excitement of getting out caching. Personally, I have two TBs and a coin in my possession right now that I keep forgetting to take out and drop off. Of course, the longest I've had any of these is about a week and a half, but I can definitely see how it's easy to forget and leave them at home.

It probably will. Despite having been in this game for over a year my finds count is fairly modest (or pathetic, depending on who I compare against) and some of those caches are remote/less frequently found. I agree with you though - at some point (I hope) I'll have too many finds for watching every found cache to be managable.

Currently have 18 bugs on my watchlist of which only one is because i liked its mission the others are all involved in this bookmark list find the travel bugs first caches

However i recently picked up this bug which is a nice one especially as i could help with its mission (only 22 caches in the UK begin with Q!) my next bug will be linked somehow to a bookmark list i hope.

edit

oops wrong account !!

Edited by The Famous Five

I don't watch ever cache I have visited, but I do look back through my logs now and then to see if any have been disabled or archived. I also look through some of the logs of the harder to find ones that can be a giggle. Obviously as time goes on there will be more and more caches I don't look back at, but I this I will still look back.

It's like me reading the new caches listings, I feel a compulsion to know what is going on. Wouldn't it be great to read the caches that have been turned down because they have infringed the guidelines as well, or is this where I go and seek professional help. :blink:

Edited by alistair_uk

Although I don’t watch previous cache/TB finds I do like to look back at the logs for the TBs that I have found (especially my first TB find), to see where they have been and how far they have travelled. Its good to know that you have helped them (hopefully) progress in their mission and disappointing when they go missing.

As for caches, I like to check the logs of the next find after mine to make sure that the next cacher found it OK as I’d hate to think that I might have compromised it. Other than that I look back occasionally for in interest sake. If it’s a cache/area that I particularly enjoyed and I am revisiting that area I sometimes use it as a means of finding other caches to add to my must do list.

I have previously forgotten to take a TB with me when I go out...hence logging caches without dropping the bug off.

I'm also guilty of having a TB recently for about 3 weeks - but I had reasonably good cause as I knew we were off on holiday and wanted to take it to Cyprus. This bug just wanted to travel so I thought it might be somewhere interesting. Hopefully the distance made up for the period of lack of movement.

:laughing:

It probably will. Despite having been in this game for over a year my finds count is fairly modest (or pathetic, depending on who I compare against) and some of those caches are remote/less frequently found. I agree with you though - at some point (I hope) I'll have too many finds for watching every found cache to be managable.

[joke]

Still that must create a lot of extra incomming mail......add that to all the spam that has to be read.... :blink:

It's full time job! :( [/joke]

Cheers

Dave

The first TB I found ever, which I left in Pembrokeshire, was with my dad on the south coast of England only one cacher later! And i've just found and logged two TBs yesterday that I was rather surprised to find had been left in the midlands (not local to either of us) by my sister and brother-in-law....

are there actually really that many of us playing this game?

Nige :huh:

I do watch TB's that I have picked up in the past.

As for 'holding onto TB's'

I have been to caches where they have been too small to drop off TB's or they have been too full.

Just because someone has been out caching and not dropped off the TB's that they are holding, does not mean they have not tried.

/me Guilty of leaving TB's in the glovebox of the car when out caching :D