American Idol Contest

Team PEZ

Email sent to enter. I would have to agree that the best singers do not always get picked as winners. The winners were pretty decent but I do not think the best vocalist has won each year. Of course what that means is that to be a Pop Idol you have to do more than sing...you have to have a good story and some spunky personality. Some of the finalists this year have spunk and personality and only about 15% can maintain their vocals... of course they probably will NOT make it through but if they are like Clay...they may end up doing better with record sales.

My judging is more like Simon's..whom I think is right-on with 95% of his comments on talent though his personal jabs and analogies are not to my liking.

There were many contestants that were booted from the show during the last few seasons that I thought were incredible and should have stayed longer. Then there were some people that stayed much longer then I expected too. But hey - what do I know ... I'm tone deaf. :laughing:

Ummmmm...... Did you vote?

heck yea!

Ummmmm...... Did you vote?

Last season I didn't vote as much as I had in seasons past, and I think I was happier with the outcome. I have not had so much trouble with the #1 and #2 finishers, I think it's more when people stay that really are not very good in comparison to the person voted off. I guess it usually occurs around 5th and 4th voted off.

In season 1 I thought Tamayra was probably the best singer overall and should have at least been in the top 2. In season 2, I really liked Kim. She was my pick to go head to head against Clay. In season 3, I liked Jennifer and Latoya best. And last seaon, well, I was happy with the final 2. This year, who knows :laughing:

Edited by AtlantaGal

We have over 60 hopeful contestants and some awesome donated coins for the winner. Let us just say that one of the coins are "quite sough after" and "near impossible to get!"

We are still looking for some more donated coins and players... Don't forget to sign up!

Will your name be here?

Can you share the list of coins that you have donated so far? That way we can send ones you don't have yet. ;)

Great Idea!

We have the following unactivated coins: *

Oklahoma

Mississippi

Ontario

Connecticut

Dorkfish

World Geocaching

Lighthouse

Prague

KacheKat & Kickin

Texas Winter

Misc coins from various people

Still looking for more donations...

Thanks!

* Subject to change due to senders ability

You don't know a singer...er a cacher when they are right in front of you!!

I don't need your stupid singing contest to know that I am a good singer..er cacher!!

I'm gonna look up that Hung guy and we will release our own album.. er coins and will be famous without you SI-MON... er Corey. :o:lol:

Good Luck every one, I'm pulling for Mocadeki

For all those people that were not selected - a contest for just for you!!!

Email the name of the first person to be booted off on Wednesday!!!

All entries should be received no later then Tuesday, February 21 6:00 PM.

The winner will receive a free unactivated bronze Ontario 2006 geocoin! (In the event of more then 1 winner, a name will be drawn at random!)

In your subject line, please put the name of the person you choose (this will make it a lot easier to scan). Send your email to GeoCachingAmericanIdol at gmail dot com.

Good luck!

GA Cacher, Thorny1 and Team PEZ

There are still some people that haven't sent their American Idol winner, or their 2nd chance (a.k.a who gets booted off the show first) vote. Remember, you have until 6:00pm Tuesday to send your votes in!

Okay, I submitted my winner. I also read ahead and thought the boot contest was for me as well and sent another name. Sorry about that. I figued you will delete it anyway once you see it.

Thanks

Yee Haw !!! Just returned home from the long weekend and found I made the cut. I have the winner already picked and have made room for all those extra coins I wasn't expecting to own. Actually... I've not picked the winner since the series started, BUT I have this funny feeling that this might be the year :D

Yee Haw !!! Just returned home from the long weekend and found I made the cut. I have the winner already picked and have made room for all those extra coins I wasn't expecting to own. Actually... I've not picked the winner since the series started, BUT I have this funny feeling that this might be the year :(

;):P good luck to ya :P

As long as you picked a Sista, you're in good shape. I have 4 top picks for tonight and none of them are the person I chose. Some smoking performances. Great show tonight!

For the other contest (that I can't participate in), my guess is Brenna and Stevie are goners!

Edited by AtlantaGal

For the other contest (that I can't participate in), my guess is Brenna and Stevie are goners!

I have to agree w/ you there, I think they will get the boot very soon. Too bad for Stevie though, she does have a great Opera voice.

I can't wait for tomorrow's show - Whooo Hooo! :cute: This contest is going to be a lot of fun.