Mounting

satsqwash

Using a bike mount I now have my gpsr fixed to my gear shift (automatic) in my vehicle. Have you ever tried this? When in drive it is right next to the steering wheel, very easy to see very easy to access. Any other ideas for mounting?

Would you have a photo of this? I'm curious how it looks, and was trying to imagine it while driving today. :laughing:

Scott

Using a bike mount I now have my gpsr fixed to my gear shift (automatic) in my vehicle. Have you ever tried this? When in drive it is right next to the steering wheel, very easy to see very easy to access. Any other ideas for mounting?

Would you have a photo of this? I'm curious how it looks, and was trying to imagine it while driving today. :laughing:

Scott

They aren't anything special. It's just something like this, but different models for different GPSr.

21238678.JPG

Edited by Wiz Creations

My explorist neatly fits into my instrument panel, wedges in with a piece of velcro tape on the top of the GPS and a piece on the upper part of the dash hood.

Blocks the temp gauge a little, but I also have a warning light, and I can see it if I move my head a little.

Very easy to take it in and out, but sometimes the steering wheel gets in the way.

I have upgraded to a 210 now.

I was going to post a picture, but I guess it has to be somewhere on the internet?

:(

Be careful of that cell phone button mount! Mine got hot in the car one day and fell right off the dash, thank goodness the GPS was not hooked to it at the time!

I had the same happen, but my Garmin has hit the ground harder, with me attached, no ill effect to :P the unit. As for me, "I ain't as young as I used to be".

I would have laid to rest and wept, but I had my boys with me and it was a long hike back. GPS made the trip back and never complained. Ranger candy (ibuprofen) helped me make the trip.

I use the suction cup windshield mount made specifically for my Garmin GPSMap60CS:

screengrab11rh.gif

It's a bit pricey if you buy directly from Garmin - Google the part number for your specific unit to find places you can buy for less.

It's easy to move from car to car or from place to place within the car (e.g. shift from driver's view to passenger's view when you have a navigator with you), and to position for a good signal (since it's on the windshield glass and out from under the roof).

Had the same thing for my eTrex Vista before upgrading. Of course a new mount was required for the new GPSr. ;)

;) I am using the bean bag mount. It has worked really well for me. I bought it as part of the auto kit on Ebay for $149. This included City Select the bean bag mount and 3 sticky mounts.

The only problem with the bean bag mount for me has been when I have put it into my brother-in-laws 4x4. He tends to find ways to bounce it off the dash at the most inconvenient times.

I have a Rino 120, I went out and got the window mount, but for my bike, i got with my rino a belt clip and I ended up useing the clip on my bike, i clipped it to my brake wires right over the handlebars and its right thereit prefect and i love it and honestly i looked into a bike mount verse a window mount, the window mount was cheaper, course i also bought my on sale at a sporting good store...

Edited by Coastiegirl04

The last Photo Totemlake posted is the line of site I have now when I have my unit mounted on the gear shifter. It is an ideal location. It has a clear view out the window to find the "birds." I'll try to post a pic soon...I've been in Mexico. By the way how does one post a pic here?