My New Tb And Coin Cache

Lemon Fresh Dog

Hello all,

Here are a couple of neat items I have created for coin-fun.

The first is a TB with coins attached -- the idea is to get people logging the coins. Hence the name

Learn to Log a Coin

The second is my Coin Cache.

Made up of trackables, non-trackables, non-GC-trackables, woodens -- this cache is an instant education on coins! No trades, it's there as a way for folks to enjoy seeing and logging coins in various ways (different sites,etc)

CoinCache

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog
Hello all,

The first is a TB with coins attached -- the idea is to get people logging the coins. Hence the name

Learn to Log a Coin

Made up of trackables, non-trackables, non-GC-trackables, woodens -- this cache is an instant education on coins! No trades, it's there as a way for folks to enjoy seeing and logging coins in various ways (different sites,etc)

CoinCache

B)B):(:(B)

I will be very interested to see how this evolves.

You are a very noble one, LFD B)

Hello all,

Learn to Log a Coin

CoinCache

Great Idea! I hope it works.

{good luck}

I hope you made that cache a subscriber only cache. We have people in our neck of the woods who are not even regular geocachers, but have a GPS and find "open to all" caches. They would steal something like this instantly. I wish you luck on your expensive experiment. It wouldn't last a week here. It's a shame, but the truth.

Hello all,

Learn to Log a Coin

CoinCache

Great idea, what about encouraging others to add another trackable coin to the TB Chain? Might have to drill a small hole through a coin to add it since most don't have holes, but it would be cool to watch and see if it grew or not.

Hello all,

The first is a TB with coins attached -- the idea is to get people logging the coins.  Hence the name

Learn to Log a Coin

Made up of trackables, non-trackables, non-GC-trackables, woodens -- this cache is an instant education on coins!  No trades, it's there as a way for folks to enjoy seeing and logging coins in various ways (different sites,etc)

CoinCache

Great idea, what about encouraging others to add another trackable coin to the TB Chain? Might have to drill a small hole through a coin to add it since most don't have holes, but it would be cool to watch and see if it grew or not.

Sounds good and I will do that! I'll modify the TB page asking folks to add coins as they see fit.

Hello all,

The first is a TB with coins attached -- the idea is to get people logging the coins.  Hence the name

Learn to Log a Coin

Made up of trackables, non-trackables, non-GC-trackables, woodens -- this cache is an instant education on coins!  No trades, it's there as a way for folks to enjoy seeing and logging coins in various ways (different sites,etc)

CoinCache

Sounds good and I will do that! I'll modify the TB page asking folks to add coins as they see fit.

Just make it very clear it is not trade but add!

Cachers are very nice people.

I had a cacher grab a geobone from a cache and as a way of saying "thanks" they gave me an Ammo Can w/logbook, pencil and something "else" (can't let the locals know :anitongue: )

Anyhow -- this will be the home of the coin cache!

I also added a KTAG and a PCFROG to the Travel Bug linked in the first post! Thanks for the great idea to have others add coins -- I have to get this our of my hands before I add more!

I've been working on getting an unactivated coin for every Trackable coin I have activated and then releasing the activated one. So far, no problems. I've added a section to my coin list for "Coins in the Wild" and "Soon to be Released"

ICM's Coin List

Make sure you enter my contest for a free Geobone and Red-Handed coin if you haven't yet!

(the thread is here in this forum)

I like this a lot.  Anything to keep it moving instead of hoarded!  :)

btw: LFD - tried to send you a message through gc.com yesterday and it bounced.  Did you change address and not update?

Hmmmm? that is odd. I will try to update it, but it *should* be fine.

I checked it and it is good. I can even send myself a message! What happens is that it goes to a webservice in the UK and then re-directs to my "real" address -- so it could be that certain ISP's do not allow redirects. PM me here if it doesn't work.

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

I just tried a direct send to see what happens. Here's the message I received yesterday:

Undelivered Mail Returned

This is the Postfix program at host signal.Groundspeak.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

:)

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

Well -- it is done! The cache has been placed with:

12 Geocoins

3 Wooden Tokens

4 Red-Handed TB's

1 UK TB

1 San Francisco TB

Plus the ultimate coin TB "Learn to Log a Geocoin" -- which has grown to include over seven geocoins on it!

I hope that everyone that feels coins should be in caches will wish this cache well and that folks visiting the area will come to check it out when they are in town.

The cache is not yet approved, but I don't see any immediate problems.

I just placed even more coins in the cache

JWID Black chip and White chip

Blazerfan Wooden

Rupert2 Wooden

Facedances Wooden

Goodguys Wooden

Jaybee Litlens Wooden

Bluegillfisherman Wooden

Capjap Chip

These are all coins I recieved duplicates of and I hope that the folks that created them are okay with them living in the cache. (if not, you just let me know and I will take care of it on my next maintenance run)

I hope you made that cache a subscriber only cache. We have people in our neck of the woods who are not even regular geocachers, but have a GPS and find "open to all" caches. They would steal something like this instantly. I wish you luck on your expensive experiment. It wouldn't last a week here. It's a shame, but the truth.

Here in Southern California, it may be gone in a flash as well. We have a very large number of casual cachers and actual caches frequently go missing in the urban areas.