Geocoin Waiting List?

Thrak

How many coins have you paid for and then been waiting (im)patiently for? I don't have a lot compared to many but it seems I've been waiting forever for them.

Kilted Cacher's Christmas Coin

San Francisco Coin

Maine Coin

Iowa Coin

9key

Team Sand Dollar (Bronze)

Team Sand Dollar (Sliver

South Carolina

FlyinV

GAA Coin

Maine

New York - 9/7

Red Handed - 9/11

Alabama - 9/24

Alabama Silver - 9/26

Pennsylvania - 9/26

Pennsylvania LE Gold - 9/26

WildWood Bob - 10/5

Christmas - 10/9

Wisconsin - 10/11

Maine - 10/15

VIGPS - 10/22

Georgia Peach - 10/23

Georgia: Stone Mountain - 10/23

9key - 10/26

GOWT - 10/28

GOWT Gold - 10/28

San Francisco - 10/28

Dutch - 10/30

Starting with our Mt Everest coin, we no longer do pre-orders. With our first coin, we waited and waited and had delays from the original middle man. To make sure people dont wonder where their coins are, going forward, we only post them to our site after we have confirmation they are on the way. That gives us a day or two to get ready for the orders.

If they dont sell out, we take the hit. This, IMHO, is the best way keep Customer Service high.

Regards,

nielsenc

Starting with our Mt Everest coin, we no longer do pre-orders. With our first coin, we waited and waited and had delays from the original middle man. To make sure people dont wonder where their coins are, going forward, we only post them to our site after we have confirmation they are on the way. That gives us a day or two to get ready for the orders.

If they dont sell out, we take the hit. This, IMHO, is the best way keep Customer Service high.

Regards,

nielsenc

I agree, pre-orders are the devils form of torture! :D

be ready...........San Diego Geocoins :rolleyes:

New Mexico

Mt McKinley

Kilted Cacher Christmas and Personal

San Francisco

Wisconsin

Georgia Peach and Stone Mountain

9key Personal

Iowa

Screws

UK

2006 GOWT

Damenace GAA

South Carolina

Maine

Nevada

Delaware

North Carolina

JeeperMTJ

Mngca Minnesota

Thats a lot of coins and I am very concerned about the New Mexico and Mt McKinley.

Purchased:

Christmas

Wisconsin

Maine

Georgia & Peach

GOWT

Dutch

Alabama

Pennsylvania

Screw

San Francisco

JoelMart

GAA & GAA LE

FlyinV

South Carolina

Cachehunters42

Nevada

Iowa

Delaware & LE

NCGO & LE

Canine Cacher 2nd Ed

Wyoming

Jeepermtj

COOL

MnGCA

QcBeerCoin

Facedances Kids

2006 Micro Coin

Missed Sale/Get Thru Trade:

NY

Columbia

UK

Edited by AtlantaGal

We are also waiting on a New York coin. I contacted them a week or so ago and they are waiting on the manufacturer. It is going to be December. We also went through the same problems with our personal coin. We started making trades a few weeks before we got our coin, but the weeks turned into months. We felt really bad about this. New York is using the same manufacturer that we did. They are slow but they do really good work.

Has anyone heard anything about Maine? This one has gone on so long that I forgot I purchased one and purchased another one <_< .

A very good excuse to compile all the little pieces of paper on my desk to form a coherent list:

Waiting for:

New York

Wisconsin

(a good) Screw

Georgia (peach)

Georgia (Stone Mountain)

Delaware

San Fransisco

West Tennessee

Dutch Euro

Nevada

Iowa (maybe today!)

JeeperMTJ (personal coin)

North Carolina

Wyoming

Gypsy (personal coin)

Long Island

It has been a long time since the mail(person) has brought anything to this house.

I have a long list too:

Alabama

Columbia

COOL Club Coin

Deleware 2005 (Silver and Gold)

Dutch

GOWT

GAA

Georgia

Georgia Peach

LIGO (Gold, Silver and Bronze)

Maine

Minnesota

Nevada

New York

North Carolina

Pennsylvania (edit: mailman brought these today!)

Tiki Coin (Pomsby and Yawp)

San Francisco

South Carolina

UK

Wisconsin

Wyoming (Bronze and Pewter)

I will tell you one thing we learned from doing the New York coins that hopefully others can learn from our experience.

We did the pre-orders when we had our design finalized, then we went to the mint to have the made. First step was to get the die created which was $100 and a several week process. Then we had to pay an additional $50 for the sample coin and wait another few weeks. At this point, we had only paid $150 but it was many weeks already since we'd done the pre-sales.

Had we known this would have been the case, we would have waited to do the presales until after we had the sample coin in hand. As it was, it would still be about a 5-6 week wait before the coins were to be delivered, but that's much better than the 4 months it ended up being.

My apologies to the caching community. And yes, this was through KV Coins who have a reputation for being slow, but I must give them credit for the quality of the coin. The sample coin turned out exactly the way we'd hoped it would.

They are supposed to ship the coins to us the week of December 5th and we plan to package and mail them that weekend.

Edited by junglehair

My list is about as long as everybody else's lists. You should look at the lists and be disappointed with the coins that are long overdue. You should not have to wait two months.

But lets be fair.

I see the Delaware coin is on a lot of lists, so I will deal with that since I am part of the team (of truely Delaware geocachers) that is producing that coin. We are a young organization with essentially no money in the bank. Making a trackable coin you face two big expenditures, buying the tracking numbers and then paying for the coin production. We did not sell the coin until we had the design set, approved, and a committment on tracking numbers. At that point we needed to pay for the tracking numbers ($1500 for 1,000 coins) to start production. Only then did we start sales. As soon as there was enough money in the paypal account, the numbers were puchased and the coin manufacturer was paid. Its now 2 1/2 weeks later and we are expecting the coins within two weeks.

I think its reasonable to wait that long since local state organizations will not have the up front money needed. However anyone that takes money before they have a final design is another matter. Only when you are ready to mint the coin should you take money. I would love to see it where when you order a coin it is then shipped to you, but I dont see it happening. With state trackable coins (1,000 minimum) there is no way to start out small wilt low initial expenses.

While I'm up on the soap box, let me address another unfairness with limited edition coins. For Delaware the limited ediition was limited to one each with no cheating. (A few orders were canceled when that happened). This was the fairest way to give everybody a chance. I think its better to give 200 people a chance to get the coin instead of letting 100 people get two coins and then be in the drivers seat to make coin trades. Any limited edition coin should also be limited to one per customer! That way the limited edition should not show up on Ebay since no one has any extras. (Someone who has to liquidate their collection for cash could still show up on Ebay)

You should not have to wait two months.

Obviously you've never dealt with KV Coins.

I seriously think any coin being produced by KV Coins should have a warning on the ordering page saying that it'll take at least 3 months before they're ready. If people are informed of KV's infamous reputation before hand maybe they wont complain as much when the inevitable delays come.