San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Here are a couple options that I have been looking at. Anyone?

Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Dancing Men (says it takes an hour through Old Town)

PodCache in the Park (says it may take an hour through Balboa Park)

<snip>

I vote for those two. There is another Multi in Balboa Park I haven't done yet either. It should be a lot cooler there than it is out here . . . icon_smile_tongue.gif

I agree.. these would be great to hit. El Cajon will be a cool temp of 95! Ugh.. It would be cooler through the park, and Old Town has great food!

TA

I just took a look at some of the different temps around town tomorrow. (below are the high temps).

Escondido: 97

El Cajon: 96

Ramona: 104

Old Town : 84

You sure you don't want to hike up Gower? <_<

(had to update, was looking at Friday's temp.)

Edited by duganrm

Ok, here is the plan.

We are going to meet at 9am at Hazard Center to leave extra vehicles. Coordinates are N32 46.255 W117 09.615. The entrance to the parking lot is on Frazee Road. From there we will head to Old Town and work our way to Balboa Park.

If you have an MP3 player, load up the file for Podcache in the Park. I still haven't listened to it to hear what we need to do yet.

Whats the next plan for geocaches. I need to know. I am Like :D !!! Need some dates :D

I'll probably be leaving here in a little over an hour to wander around and hit some puzzle caches. If anyone else is bored, they are welcome to come along or drag me somewhere else. :D

next group outing will probably be next weekend. Unless the temperature comes down, we will probably be near the coast again.

I thought they outlawed "pocket caches." :laughing: :laughing:

I would like to join you on the adventure. Sounds like fun . . . anything to beat the heat out here. icon_smile_tongue.gif

There are a lot of caches in the South Bay I haven't found.

Same here, I think Richard was wanting to hit out there too.

TA

Anything planned Thursday night?

TA

:laughing::laughing: John is in Hawaii so I can go wherever I want. Is there a pocket of caches with a little exercise involved that we can find? Duganrm????

You can drive down I5 and back; lots of easy peasy ones to get.

Use GSAK to separate all 2-star and less terrain caches (or you're still having problems with it, do a pocket query).

I thought they outlawed "pocket caches." :laughing: :laughing:

I would like to join you on the adventure. Sounds like fun . . . anything to beat the heat out here. icon_smile_tongue.gif

There are a lot of caches in the South Bay I haven't found.

Same here, I think Richard was wanting to hit out there too.

TA

Is there any section of South Bay that jahoadi and john haven't cleared yet? I went caching with them in Bonita on Sunday and the only caches they needed were the puzzles! :laughing:

TA

:laughing::laughing: John is in Hawaii so I can go wherever I want. Is there a pocket of caches with a little exercise involved that we can find? Duganrm????

Use GSAK to separate all 2-star and less terrain caches (or you're still having problems with it, do a pocket query).

:laughing::blink: When I said little exercise I meant I WANT exercise. I hate all drive bys....I can do those by myself.... I've done most all the South Bay. 4 days of Allstar games on Palm Ave wiped those all out.

TA

:blink::mad: When I said little exercise I meant I WANT exercise. I hate all drive bys....I can do those by myself.... I've done most all the South Bay. 4 days of Allstar games on Palm Ave wiped those all out.

I will go with the flow..... :laughing:

TA

:blink::mad: John is in Hawaii so I can go wherever I want. Is there a pocket of caches with a little exercise involved that we can find? Duganrm????

:ph34r::mad: When I said little exercise I meant I WANT exercise. I hate all drive bys....I can do those by myself.... I've done most all the South Bay. 4 days of Allstar games on Palm Ave wiped those all out.

I hate all "drive bys" also, only difference is that I won't do those by myself. They can be fun with the group :laughing: . . . not so otherwise. :laughing:

I'll tag along anywhere you guys decide to go. :laughing:

Here are a couple parks that you guys may not have done yet (aside from Miragee since I can't find an area she hasn't been in yet :laughing:) that aren't too far of a drive north since it will probably be around rush hour. I haven't looked at the caches in the areas yet, just looking at google earth.

Tecolote Canyon

Marian Bear Park (just don't back into the parking space :laughing:)

Mount Soledad Natural Park

Penasquitos Canyon (as long as the fire didn't damage too much)

Black Mountain

I posted a couple photos on the San Diego thread earlier today. The damage is minimal and easily avoided (no caches were lost)

I saw those. Looks like the fire didn't get too much.

It looks like the plan is to meet tonight at ~4:35 at Hazard Center. We are planning on wandering north hitting those unkown caches on the way.

I posted a couple photos on the San Diego thread earlier today. The damage is minimal and easily avoided (no caches were lost)

I saw those. Looks like the fire didn't get too much.

It looks like the plan is to meet tonight at ~4:35 at Hazard Center. We are planning on wandering north hitting those unkown caches on the way.

I will be there a few minutes late, but will be there! :laughing:

I bet you guys will be planning something really good for this weekend and I won't be able to go. :D

I'll be in Dallas where it will be 152 degrees and 100% humidity.

We will be pulling all-nighters to move our data center but I will try to get at least one cache while I'm there so I can add another state to my map.

I bet you guys will be planning something really good for this weekend and I won't be able to go. :D

We will be pulling all-nighters to move our data center but I will try to get at least one cache while I'm there so I can add another state to my map.

I was in Laredo a month ago and it was soooo HOT that I said the heck with adding another state to my geomap by finding some lamppost micro. :laughing: So instead I went to my cool hotel room and watched a ballgame and drank some cold beer. :laughing:

Edited by TrailGators

I bet you guys will be planning something really good for this weekend and I won't be able to go. :huh:

I was in Laredo a month ago and it was soooo HOT that I said the heck with adding another state to my geomap by finding some lamppost micro. :huh: So instead I went to my cool hotel room and watched a ballgame and drank some cold beer. ;)

......a wise man

So.. what is going on tomorrow? I show 100 degrees in El Cajon. Argh! Make sure to wear sunscreen!

Ta

We've wiped out everything along the coast up to Torrey Pines. I guess we need to keep moving north up the cooler coast. There is a very cool multi in Carlsbad Village that had been on my list for awhile. We could cache and then eat lunch at one of my favorite microbreweries and pizza places, Pizza Port! :laughing:

Edited by TrailGators

It is 106° outside . . . and 100° in here . . . :laughing:

I would love to hit the cooler coast this weekend if I can carpool with someone from RSD.

I can help out.. No kids to worry about this weekend, so the cache numbers can go up! hmmm That did not sounds quite right. :laughing:

TA

Here is a map of my unfounds. The Carlsbad multi is in the top left corner. We could start there and work our way back south down the coast. There is a parking lot at N33 09.636 W117 20.851 that we could meet.....

77163543-de22-4760-89df-d176ea1bc42b.jpg

We've wiped out everything along the coast up to Torrey Pines. I guess we need to keep moving north up the cooler coast. There is a very cool multi in Carlsbad Village that had been on my list for awhile. We could cache and then eat lunch at one of my favorite microbreweries and pizza places, Pizza Port! :laughing:

:laughing: Did I just hear "Pizza Port"? :laughing:

I need to go up that way tomorrow anyway so I was planning on doing some Carlsbad caches...

When are you going to meet?

I need to go up that way tomorrow anyway so I was planning on doing some Carlsbad caches...

We lost our power for an hour! Anyhow, I'm not sure about the time yet. I'm still waiting for the others to respond to the proposal....

Carlsbad caches, huh?? I have yet to make my way up there for some caching, so I have a feeling I might just be calling in sick tomorrow...hack, hack, cough, cough!! (I'm already SICK of COMIC-Con as it is...

Where ya meeting and what time?

Tony

I posted the meeting coords above the map of my unfounds. We are still waiting for Duganrm, Miragee and TA to reply to determine the time. I would guess around 9-10AM.

We lost our power for an hour! Anyhow, I'm not sure about the time yet. I'm still waiting for the others to respond to the proposal....

I'm good with it. I can car pool people up from RSD if anyone need a lift. If Miragee comes, I have room for two more. :laughing: Any takers?

TA

I'm good with it. I can car pool people up from RSD if anyone need a lift. If Miragee comes, I have room for two more. :laughing: Any takers?

TA

TA you guys pick the meeting time. People coming the farthest away get to pick the meeting time. I'm only about 25 miles away.

I've run a new PQ and loaded my GPSr with caches all along a route from RSD to Carlsbad so I'm ready . . . I think. However, I can redo it if I should have a larger circle of caches around that Multi in my GPSr. How much area will we cover up there?

I am really looking forward to some cooler temperatures. icon_smile_tongue.gif

I've run a new PQ and loaded my GPSr with caches all along a route from RSD to Carlsbad so I'm ready . . . I think. However, I can redo it if I should have a larger circle of caches around that Multi in my GPSr. How much area will we cover up there?

The map I show above will keep us busy for hours. So how does does 9:30AM sound to you guys?

Edited by TrailGators

The map I show above will keep us busy for hours. So how does does 9:30AM sound to you guys?

If Miragee is cool with it, I would like to get up there by 9am.. It is going to get hot no matter where we are so maybe we can beat some of the heat...

I am going to meet Paul at 8:00 in RSD. He thinks it will be about a one- hour drive, so we can meet you at 9:00 or just a bit later in case of unexpected traffic.

Wow . . . look at that. Simultaneous postings . . . but Paul won . . . :laughing:

Edited by Miragee
I am going to meet Paul at 8:00 in RSD. He thinks it will be about a one- hour drive, so we can meet you at 9:00 or just a bit later in case of unexpected traffic.

Wow . . . look at that. Simultaneous postings . . . but Paul won . . . :laughing:

Sounds good. See you guys there around 9AM. :laughing:

:laughing::laughing: John comes home tonite...maybe I can talk him in to going. He has some TBs to place. Where are you meeting in RSD?

Sounds good. See you guys there around 9AM. :laughing:

:laughing::laughing: John comes home tonite...maybe I can talk him in to going. He has some TBs to place. Where are you meeting in RSD?

We are going to meet near the theater by the RSD YMCA cache. :laughing: That corner should be ok. 8am- then drive up to be there at 9am. I'll have the Durango, so we can put stuff in the back.

Paul

Edited by Team Adelos
We are going to meet near the theater by the "RSD YMCA" cache. :rolleyes: That corner should be ok. 9am Paul

Paul, I think you meant that you guys are meeting in RSD at 8AM and Carlsbad at 9AM.....

Yes, then we will drive up to meet in Carlsbad at N33 09.636 W117 20.85

Roger! I'm working on some puzzles in the area but you guys better solve them too! :anitongue: