San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

I'd like to start by 6a, earlier if possible, but after reading each log of the Sea to Sea cache, I'm convinced I don't wanna start alone; so, I'll join the earliest group of cachers to head up.

Hopefully, the Oakasis lot will be open this early; it wasn't when the Splashes dropped their caches last year. If it's closed there is some parking north of the road about 200 yards. The other thing we can do is park in Lakeside and carpool to a parking area. A good place to park would be at the Sheriff substation on Woodside just south of Winter Gardens.

:laughing: John and I are willing to go at 6am ..but what about the others? Who is going?

I will be there to start at 6am too. Can someone email me (or post here) cellphone numbers and coords (or a nearby cache) for the starting spot? I can see a few trails going east of Wildcat Canyon, are we going past Flagman's Rescue? My number is 858-699-3486.

Mr. Pete Weintraub (PC Woody?) responded to an email Jahoadi sent out yesterday. He replied 7A is fine with him. I responded 6A is better for me. I haven't heard back from him. I believe Duganrm is set on 6A as well; so, I'll be there at 6A.

These are coords to Oakoasis entrance, N32 54.733 W116 53.099. El Cap entrance is across the street just past this entrance.

Neptune's Daughter expressed an interest in going as she is training for a Mt Whitney hike; she has not committed but will be there at 6A if she can make it.

The head count I have is Jahoadi and John, Dr. Boggis, Duganrm, myself, and PC Woody, if he makes it at 6A. GD Ginger will not make it; Mrs. Chuy is taking her to Dog Beach.

My cell is 619-921-4850.

:laughing: I'll call Pete and tell him 0600. I sent him an email also. John left early this am and isn't home yet 6:10 pm so if I don't kill him he may still go. He broke every rule by not telling me where he is!!!

Sorry to intermingle events but for those of you that are interested in a moderate hike tomorrow, Miragee, Radio Racers and I are going to hike up Viejas Peak. The hike up the the peak is about 2 miles and 1400 feet. The plan is to meet at J&J's Viejas Trailhead cache at 9AM. J&J were also nice enough to place a new cache up there last week! This cache has Delaware geocoin which I'm looking forward to "discovering" now that GC has that new TB feature! :laughing: So if you plan on joining our group please chime in so we don't head up the trail without you! :laughing:

0d57c2e2-a5fa-4ef9-bde2-b4915ef52898.jpg

bump..

I'd like to start by 6a, earlier if possible, but after reading each log of the Sea to Sea cache, I'm convinced I don't wanna start alone; so, I'll join the earliest group of cachers to head up.

Hopefully, the Oakasis lot will be open this early; it wasn't when the Splashes dropped their caches last year. If it's closed there is some parking north of the road about 200 yards. The other thing we can do is park in Lakeside and carpool to a parking area. A good place to park would be at the Sheriff substation on Woodside just south of Winter Gardens.

:huh: John and I are willing to go at 6am ..but what about the others? Who is going?

I will be there to start at 6am too. Can someone email me (or post here) cellphone numbers and coords (or a nearby cache) for the starting spot? I can see a few trails going east of Wildcat Canyon, are we going past Flagman's Rescue? My number is 858-699-3486.

Mr. Pete Weintraub (PC Woody?) responded to an email Jahoadi sent out yesterday. He replied 7A is fine with him. I responded 6A is better for me. I haven't heard back from him. I believe Duganrm is set on 6A as well; so, I'll be there at 6A.

These are coords to Oakoasis entrance, N32 54.733 W116 53.099. El Cap entrance is across the street just past this entrance.

Neptune's Daughter expressed an interest in going as she is training for a Mt Whitney hike; she has not committed but will be there at 6A if she can make it.

The head count I have is Jahoadi and John, Dr. Boggis, Duganrm, myself, and PC Woody, if he makes it at 6A. GD Ginger will not make it; Mrs. Chuy is taking her to Dog Beach.

My cell is 619-921-4850.

:D I'll call Pete and tell him 0600. I sent him an email also. John left early this am and isn't home yet 6:10 pm so if I don't kill him he may still go. He broke every rule by not telling me where he is!!!

:ph34r::huh: I found John..he was caching without me...Three Sisters..that's almost grounds for you know what!!! PCWoody is unavailable so we'll be solo at 0600 sharp .

:D John and I are willing to go at 6am ..but what about the others? Who is going?

My cell is 619-921-4850.

:D I'll call Pete and tell him 0600. I sent him an email also. John left early this am and isn't home yet 6:10 pm so if I don't kill him he may still go. He broke every rule by not telling me where he is!!!

:huh::huh: I found John..he was caching without me...Three Sisters..that's almost grounds for you know what!!! PCWoody is unavailable so we'll be solo at 0600 sharp .

I just checked my Oakoasis cache page and as of when we placed the caches, the parking lot doesn't open until 7:30, so that probably won't be an option for you guys. Can you park alongside the road near the restrooms at the El Cap trailhead? Seems to me, if they closed the area for construction stuff, you should be able to make-do alongside the trail as long as you don't block the road for the residents up the hill.

Of coarse, I may not know what I'm talking about either, it was just a thought. Have fun, and DON'T, I repeat........DON'T get any helicopters involved!!!

Splashette :ph34r:

Sorry to intermingle events but for those of you that are interested in a moderate hike tomorrow, Miragee, Radio Racers and I are going to hike up Viejas Peak. The hike up the the peak is about 2 miles and 1400 feet. The plan is to meet at J&J's Viejas Trailhead cache at 9AM. J&J were also nice enough to place a new cache up there last week! This cache has Delaware geocoin which I'm looking forward to "discovering" now that GC has that new TB feature! :huh: So if you plan on joining our group please chime in so we don't head up the trail without you! :ph34r:

bump..

Moderate and 9am sound a lot better then tough and 6am. I'll be there Pat.

Sorry to intermingle events but for those of you that are interested in a moderate hike tomorrow, Miragee, Radio Racers and I are going to hike up Viejas Peak. The hike up the the peak is about 2 miles and 1400 feet. The plan is to meet at J&J's Viejas Trailhead cache at 9AM. J&J were also nice enough to place a new cache up there last week! This cache has Delaware geocoin which I'm looking forward to "discovering" now that GC has that new TB feature! :huh: So if you plan on joining our group please chime in so we don't head up the trail without you! :ph34r:

bump..

Moderate and 9am sound a lot better then tough and 6am. I'll be there Pat.

Glad you can make it Jerry!

I am taking the family on an easy day trip to the pertoglyphs at Little Blair Valley, Anza Borrego State Park. After that we are going up the the split at Borrego MT. We are going to do some Geocaching along the way. If anyone is interested, email me.

rm975@yahoo.com

Since the SDCET had an easy time doing Viejas today we decided that we should give El Cap a try next week (if it isn't hot)! But we will meet at the trailhead closer to 9AM.....I might be able to do 8AM! :ph34r: Finally we might even hide a new cache or two up there too! :(

Edited by TrailGators

Since the SDCET had an easy time doing Viejas today we decided that we should give El Cap a try next week (if it isn't hot)! But we will meet at the trailhead closer to 9AM.....I might be able to do 8AM! :ph34r: Finally we might even hide a new cache or two up there too! :(

What sort of evil person would do such a thing?!!

We had fun at El Cap today, and it was actually pretty cold until about noon. However, it still took us ~7 hours to do the ~15 miles, so I'd highly recommend starting as early as you can.

What sort of evil person would do such a thing?!!

We had fun at El Cap today, and it was actually pretty cold until about noon. However, it still took us ~7 hours to do the ~15 miles, so I'd highly recommend starting as early as you can.

I was joking about the caches......or maybe I wasn't! Bwa ha ha! :(

I know it was chilly. We were across the valley from you guys. Did you see us waving at you? :( Anyhow, I love hiking when it is cool outside. We didn't drink hardly any water! But next week is supposed to be warmer so we may skip the extra 2.5 miles to get that one cache. The goal is to get to the peak and back...

Here be my numbers from the El Cap hike which I posted on Flagman's Rescue cache; your mileage may vary!

14.86 mi - total distance covered.

06:18 - total moving time (that's 6 hours!).

01:41 - total stopped time (John takes lots of pee stops!)

2.4 mph - moving time.

5800 feet - estimated total ascent (I enabled tracks only for 2/3 of the trip.)

140 oz - water I started off with.

55 oz - water I actually consumed (plus 32 oz before the hike.)

7 - total number of caches visited (5 found; hid 3).

BTW, put the slowest hiker up front! Dr. Boggis set a torrid pace in the front :ph34r: .

Yes, I believe we were quite lucky the sun didn't hit us till close to noon!

Parking may be a problem. We parked along the dirt road next to the Oakoasis entrance. It was not too bad, except after the hike due to the heavy traffic. We noticed some hikers parked in the closed lot anyways.

The goal is to get to the peak and back...

Which peak? The first one is 15 minutes into your hike, then another, and another, etc... :( .

Edited by Chuy!

5800 feet? What happened to the 2962 you estimated before?

Ask, and you shall receive. From the west to the east. Note the 2962 elevation gain and 3948 descent. We should also try it from east to west!

Fyi, the ElCap1 & 2 and just trail markers for when I download coords, as is 001.

NOTE: add 2.5 miles for the roundtrip to GCDA06, the red track line on the map. That cache does not show up on this chart. I'll add it tonight.

8439983c-dec7-4dc3-af3e-b7b2eeec5dd5.jpg

My bad; gotta point out some things.

First, that profile was one-way; my bad for not pointing that out; I completely overlooked that :ph34r: .

Second, that was down to El Monte Rd, which would be only 10 miles.

And third, we hiked up an extra peak to hide a cache; additionally, we skirted up a hill to hide a second cache.

My GPS read 4975 feet of total elevation gain, but I enabled tracks past Gecko's Gurl's Turnaround cache. I estimated the missing hike. My apologies again.

Edited by Chuy!

My bad; gotta point out some things.

First, that was one-way; my bad for not pointing that out; I completely overlooked that :ph34r: .

Second, that was down to El Monte Rd, which would be only 10 miles.

And third, we hiked up an extra peak to hide a cache; additionally, we skirted up a hill to hide a second cache.

In his book AFoot and Afield in San Diego County, Jerry Schad lists that hike as being 10 miles roundtrip with a total vertical gain of 4000 feet. So you guys sure did a lot of extra hiking today! Good job! I'll be happy just to complete the Schad hike! :( By the way how many power bars did you guys eat today?!!! :(

Edited by TrailGators

In his book AFoot and Afield in San Diego County, Jerry Schad lists that hike as being 10 miles roundtrip with a total vertical gain of 4000 feet. So you guys sure did a lot of extra hiking today! Good job! I'll be happy just to complete the Schad hike! :( By the way how many power bars did you guys eat today?!!! :laughing:

It is 5 miles from the road/trailhead to the top of El Cajon Mtn, and the top is 2000ft higher than the starting point, so Schad is correct, but the trail doesn't climb steadily for the whole distance, there are significant ups and downs along the way. There is a not-quite finished staging area at the end of Blue Sky Ranch Road which looks like it would be fine to park in (and save you a bit of uphill!), although the road up to it says it's private. Since the official El Cap OSR parking lot is closed at the moment, I can't see that they'd complain too much if you went up there to park, but don't blame me if they do :)

In his book AFoot and Afield in San Diego County, Jerry Schad lists that hike as being 10 miles roundtrip with a total vertical gain of 4000 feet. So you guys sure did a lot of extra hiking today! Good job! I'll be happy just to complete the Schad hike! :) By the way how many power bars did you guys eat today?!!! :)

It is 5 miles from the road/trailhead to the top of El Cajon Mtn, and the top is 2000ft higher than the starting point, so Schad is correct, but the trail doesn't climb steadily for the whole distance, there are significant ups and downs along the way. There is a not-quite finished staging area at the end of Blue Sky Ranch Road which looks like it would be fine to park in (and save you a bit of uphill!), although the road up to it says it's private. Since the official El Cap OSR parking lot is closed at the moment, I can't see that they'd complain too much if you went up there to park, but don't blame me if they do :(

Thanks Toby. I know this will be a tough hike especially if the temperature warms up significantly next week. If it does I'd rather wait until it is is cooler out to do this hike. Winter seems like a perfect time to do it. :laughing:

Edited by TrailGators
A simple experiment on my 60cs clarified the altimeter is tied in to the trip screen, not the tracks as I erroneously concluded. Therefore, the total elevation gain for our hike was 4975 feet.
That's like doing Viejas three times in a row! :rolleyes: I really need to get some of that Gookinaid before I do that hike!
A simple experiment on my 60cs clarified the altimeter is tied in to the trip screen, not the tracks as I erroneously concluded. Therefore, the total elevation gain for our hike was 4975 feet.
That's like doing Viejas three times in a row! :rolleyes: I really need to get some of that Gookinaid before I do that hike!

I googled "hydration drinks evaluations" to death and did not find one reference to Gookinaid except on their website. I found lots of conflicting information about other sport drinks. There was a prevalent trend in support of simple H2O for short hikes, and gatorade-type nutrient levels for longer hikes to replenish loss of sodium/electrolytes. In the end I settled for a solution of 80% gatorade/20% H2O. The clear message I got from perceived neutral articles was that unless you're competing, you don't need those high tech, expensive drinks/powders.

I took a website's recommendation to start hydrating an hour before the hike (I took about 30 oz's). The recommended amout of water to take on the hike went something like 16oz per hour. A sign of being well hydrated is clear pee. After hydration needs comes muscle fatigue. That is don't rush! keep a steady pace; one you should know is right for you.

I googled "hydration drinks evaluations" to death and did not find one reference to Gookinaid except on their website. I found lots of conflicting information about other sport drinks. There was a prevalent trend in support of simple H2O for short hikes, and gatorade-type nutrient levels for longer hikes to replenish loss of sodium/electrolytes. In the end I settled for a solution of 80% gatorade/20% H2O. The clear message I got from perceived neutral articles was that unless you're competing, you don't need those high tech, expensive drinks/powders.

I took a website's recommendation to start hydrating an hour before the hike (I took about 30 oz's). The recommended amout of water to take on the hike went something like 16oz per hour. A sign of being well hydrated is clear pee. After hydration needs comes muscle fatigue. That is don't rush! keep a steady pace; one you should know is right for you.

Thanks for the advice Chuy. I'll get some Gatorade instead. The 16oz of fluids per hour sounds right for ~75 degrees. I would guess that you would need to double that amount for 85 degree temps and maybe halve it at 65 degrees. But then it is depends on how much you are exerting yourself too...

That's like doing Viejas three times in a row! :( I really need to get some of that Gookinaid before I do that hike!

Thanks for the advice Chuy. I'll get some Gatorade instead. The 16oz of fluids per hour sounds right for ~75 degrees. I would guess that you would need to double that amount for 85 degree temps and maybe halve it at 65 degrees. But then it is depends on how much you are exerting yourself too...

:ph34r::( I live for Gu and water "during" and a recovery powder "after". In the heat you've gotta have something in addition to water for the stuff you sweat out: Gookinaid, Gatorade, Accelerade, Gu-to-Go, Cytomax, etc: they all are good. The day after El Cajon "Lostguy" dragged us on a MTB ride and we did plenty of hike-a-bike sections and we suprisingly did ok...it had to be the recovery powder or the double-double Chuy talked us into.

Ask, and you shall receive. From the west to the east. Note the 2962 elevation gain and 3948 descent. We should also try it from east to west!

Fyi, the ElCap1 & 2 and just trail markers for when I download coords, as is 001.

NOTE: add 2.5 miles for the roundtrip to GCDA06, the red track line on the map. That cache does not show up on this chart. I'll add it tonight.

8439983c-dec7-4dc3-af3e-b7b2eeec5dd5.jpg

Wow! I am glad to get a 1800 or 2400 elevation hike done (total climb) :( Congrats on the hike. That is awesome!

TA

Wow! I am glad to get a 1800 or 2400 elevation hike done (total climb) :laughing: Congrats on the hike. That is awesome!

TA

Thanks!! Still can't believe that PW did the hike with 35+ lbs of ammo can and schwag to place.. :laughing:;)

Rumor has it that some people have even been crazy enough to do this hike TWICE :D:angry: Whew! Once was good enough for me :angry:

~Jess

Aye, tis it jest me, or do any o' ye scallywags find yerselves:

1. Selectin' breath mints not by brand, but by tha type o' container they be in?

2. When walkin' about an' ye see somethin' like say a discarded Skoal can an' yer first though be CACHE?

3. Bein' attracted ta places like The Container Store, Home Depot an' Michaels jest ta get some ideas?

4. Park by a lightpole in a parkin' lot an' wonder if'n thar be somethin' hidden thar?

5. Wonderin' if Cegrube ever sleeps?

6. Fear'n a sea monster will yank ye from yer bunk an' pull ye through tha porthole an' drag ye down to tha bottom o' tha ocean where ye meet Davey Jones an' a big ol octopus wraps his tentacles around ye an' chokes ye until yer eyes pop out? (OK, that on may be jest me)

7. Feelin' like a day witout cachin' were a wasted day?

Jes' thinkin' out loud mates. Gotta go out an plunder some more rum. Arrrrr!

Depending on the temperature this weekend, the SDCET might hit some of the caches in the East County, including the Stone Ruination series and Indiana Ed's Subterranean Cache.

Any other ideas from members of the SDCET . . . :(

We might be able to make it. An early start would help avoid the temp's. Saturday is suppose to be 88 with lows of 61. Both are warm to me. :( We have not found most of those caches south of us, and love being part of a group, for the hikes especially! :(

TA

...do any o' ye scallywags find yerselves:

1. Selectin' breath mints not by brand, but by tha type o' container they be in?

2. When walkin' about an' ye see somethin' like say a discarded Skoal can an' yer first though be CACHE?

3. Bein' attracted ta places like The Container Store, Home Depot an' Michaels jest ta get some ideas?

4. Park by a lightpole in a parkin' lot an' wonder if'n thar be somethin' hidden thar?

5. Wonderin' if Cegrube ever sleeps?

6. Fear'n a sea monster will yank ye from yer bunk an' pull ye through tha porthole an' drag ye down to tha bottom o' tha ocean where ye meet Davey Jones an' a big ol octopus wraps his tentacles around ye an' chokes ye until yer eyes pop out? (OK, that on may be jest me)

7. Feelin' like a day witout cachin' were a wasted day?

Considering that you've never met me, I'm a little freaked out about how well you know me! :laughing::)

June 8th, Thursday, finkbr and I are thinking about hitting Iron Mountain. Anyone is invited to join us. I know most of you hit it already, but I like groups. The planned path should hit about 11 geocaches. I also plotted a route that is just under 7 miles. The map shown below only show a one way total. Anywho, We are planning to meet at "END OF THE LINE...." (GCH7J2) around 4:30pm if weather permits. Is there parking near or at there?

Raw elevation will be 1000' climb over 3+ miles, down hill on the way back, 3+ more miles. :) It seems to be a gradual climb for most of it. Any tips from those that have been there?

Paul

Links:

Map/Route (300kb)

Iron Mountain GPX (1.5 Miles @ GCH7J2)

Edited by Team Adelos
June 8th, Thursday, finkbr and I are thinking about hitting Iron Mountain. Anyone is invited to join us. I know most of you hit it already, but I like groups. The planned path should hit about 11 geocaches. I also plotted a route that is just under 7 miles. The map shown below only show a one way total. Anywho, We are planning to meet at "END OF THE LINE...." (GCH7J2) around 4:30pm if weather permits. Is there parking near or at there?

Raw elevation will be 1000' climb over 3+ miles, down hill on the way back, 3+ more miles. :( It seems to be a gradual climb for most of it. Any tips from those that have been there?

Paul

Links:

Map/Route (300kb)

It's a nice six mile hike. If you add the Elle Lane loop it becomes tougher. There is a terracache up there too! :)

The map shown below only show a one way total. Anywho, We are planning to meet at "END OF THE LINE...." (GCH7J2) around 4:30pm if weather permits. Is there parking near or at there?

Raw elevation will be 1000' climb over 3+ miles, down hill on the way back, 3+ more miles. ;) It seems to be a gradual climb for most of it. Any tips from those that have been there?

There is parking at the trailhead (across the street from END OF THE LINE). It can get crowded on weekends but on Thursday you should have no problems.

The gradient is pretty gradually but that is because there are a lot of switch backs in parts of the trail -- it can be a little annoying when you are 500 feet from a cache and then fifteen minutes and 1/2 mile later you have narrowed the distance to 400 feet. :rolleyes::unsure:

Tips: Enjoy the view!

The map shown below only show a one way total. Anywho, We are planning to meet at "END OF THE LINE...." (GCH7J2) around 4:30pm if weather permits. Is there parking near or at there?

Raw elevation will be 1000' climb over 3+ miles, down hill on the way back, 3+ more miles. :) It seems to be a gradual climb for most of it. Any tips from those that have been there?

There is parking at the trailhead (across the street from END OF THE LINE). It can get crowded on weekends but on Thursday you should have no problems.

The gradient is pretty gradually but that is because there are a lot of switch backs in parts of the trail -- it can be a little annoying when you are 500 feet from a cache and then fifteen minutes and 1/2 mile later you have narrowed the distance to 400 feet. :rolleyes:;)

Tips: Enjoy the view!

That is soo true.. so close, yet so far! :unsure:

Depending on the temperature this weekend, the SDCET might hit some of the caches in the East County, including the Stone Ruination series and Indiana Ed's Subterranean Cache.

Any other ideas from members of the SDCET . . . :huh:

We might be able to make it. An early start would help avoid the temp's. Saturday is suppose to be 88 with lows of 61. Both are warm to me. :( We have not found most of those caches south of us, and love being part of a group, for the hikes especially! :laughing:

TA

I'm bummed that the cool temps are gone. It's 90 up here and it's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. :ph34r: We should head to the cooler coastal caches! Maybe we could come up with a list of "cool" coastal hikes...... <_<

Any other ideas from members of the SDCET . . . :laughing:

We might be able to make it. An early start would help avoid the temp's. Saturday is suppose to be 88 with lows of 61. Both are warm to me. :ph34r: We have not found most of those caches south of us, and love being part of a group, for the hikes especially! :huh:

TA

I'm bummed that the cool temps are gone. It's 90 up here and it's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. <_< We should head to the cooler coastal caches! Maybe we could come up with a list of "cool" coastal hikes...... :(

We would be up for it, but we do not know those areas well.. Any ideas?

Any other ideas from members of the SDCET . . . :laughing:

We might be able to make it. An early start would help avoid the temp's. Saturday is suppose to be 88 with lows of 61. Both are warm to me. :ph34r: We have not found most of those caches south of us, and love being part of a group, for the hikes especially! :huh:

TA

I'm bummed that the cool temps are gone. It's 90 up here and it's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. <_< We should head to the cooler coastal caches! Maybe we could come up with a list of "cool" coastal hikes...... :(

We would be up for it, but we do not know those areas well.. Any ideas?

No but I'll look!

Raw elevation will be 1000' climb over 3+ miles, down hill on the way back, 3+ more miles. <_< It seems to be a gradual climb for most of it. Any tips from those that have been there?

Paul

Links:

Map/Route (300kb)

Make that 13 caches mate! Neptune's Daughter an' I just planted two more on the mountain today ("Belly Trimmer V - Iron Mtn." and "If It Were A Snake...."). BLAST it were hot on that mountain today!! Thought we were gonna die! 4:30 start should be cooler, but ye may need headlamps ifn' yer doin' tha whole thing AND stoppin' fer caches. Tha views are splendid indeed! Arrrrr.

Raw elevation will be 1000' climb over 3+ miles, down hill on the way back, 3+ more miles. <_< It seems to be a gradual climb for most of it. Any tips from those that have been there?

Paul

Links:

Map/Route (300kb)

Make that 13 caches mate! Neptune's Daughter an' I just planted two more on the mountain today ("Belly Trimmer V - Iron Mtn." and "If It Were A Snake...."). BLAST it were hot on that mountain today!! Thought we were gonna die! 4:30 start should be cooler, but ye may need headlamps ifn' yer doin' tha whole thing AND stoppin' fer caches. Tha views are splendid indeed! Arrrrr.

Y'all gonna die!!!

. . . We plan on departing Lakeside about 0530. . . .

:(

Okay . . . I might have wanted to join you on this hike if it wasn't 100 degrees out there :( , if you weren't leaving at such an un-godly hour of the morning :ph34r:, and if I had gotten home from Saturday's "SDCET Event" earlier than midnight. :(

:anitongue:

Hope you and GD Ginger had a great hike. :D

It's supposed to be cooler ths Saturday with a high of 76! :laughing: So we could do South Fortuna (finally)! I'm not sure of the best route to take so maybe one of you others can propose a route....

We might be able to go again. When and what time is being considered. The Terracache would not be far either. B) Can I say Terracache on a Geocache forum? :ph34r:

Edited by Team Adelos

It's supposed to be cooler ths Saturday with a high of 76! B) So we could do South Fortuna (finally)! I'm not sure of the best route to take so maybe one of you others can propose a route....

We might be able to go again. When and what time is being considered. The Terracache would not be far either. :ph34r: Can I say Terracache on a Geocache forum? B)

I think we would meet at 9AM like usual! I didn't know there was an <uh-hum> cache there! :laughing:

Is the hike on Iron Mountain still on for Thursday?

Here are the caches I still need to find up there:

0c9c9f96-5c97-4f9d-88be-0383cffe05bb.jpg

I'm not sure all of those are on the Iron Mountain trails . . . and uh, there is one of those other <uh-hum> caches up there. :laughing:

Yes. So far it is finkbr and myself. If you come, that would make three that I am aware of.

I'm not sure all of those are on the Iron Mountain trails . . . and uh, there is one of those other <uh-hum> caches up there. :laughing:

Yes. So far it is finkbr and myself. If you come, that would make three that I am aware of.

We planning only part of that trail system. We are going to the top of the mountain, then come back down. We might get 'I can See Iron Mountain', but I was going to save that loop around the other side for another hike. Six or Seven miles are the current limits of my 'happy place' B)

Edited by Team Adelos

We planning only part of that trail system. We are going to the top of the mountain, then come back down. We might get 'I can See Iron Mountain', but I was going to save that loop around the other side for another hike. Six or Seven miles are the current limits of my 'happy place' B)

I can't get out of work that early. Let me know when you do the other hike!

I'm not sure all of those are on the Iron Mountain trails . . . and uh, there is one of those other <uh-hum> caches up there. :ph34r:

:laughing:B) Can you re-fresh my memory? 4:30 at IronMt trail head on Thursday? Will you go by Barbados Sam's new ones? Maybe I can talk John into it.