San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

GD Ginger and I are planning on doing the Subterranean caches near Tecate on Sunday, say depart 0530. There are other nearby caches to grab, including the two in Tecate. If anyone wants to join us, let me know. You may convince me to leave at 6a, but I need to start early 'cause I need to return home by 10a'ish. I got room for one fearless soul in my 2wd pickup - no AC!

Sunday early sounds great. Meet where ?

SKILLET

:sad: Sunday 6am at the bridge? Great we get to sleep in!!! If FATTBOY is coming let me know so I can he him a pink sprinkled doughnut!!!

TALKED TO FATTBOY TONIGHT AND HE WILL BE WITH US ON SUNDAY SO GET THE DOUGHNUTS.

:D Yippee..do I have to squeeze some OJ too? He's such high maintenance. He'll be happy...got my Honda back!!!!

By the way, what is the meeting spot planned for Sunday morning?

TA

THE STEELE BRIDGE OFF OF 94 6 AM

I'm still debating if I want to get up at 4:30AM to try to get down there by 6AM....You guys are killing me... :sad:

We are also thinking about renting a boat at Lake Hodges tomorrow to get Rubi's Regatta and the new Mont St. Michel. Richard said he may be game. I think the boat will hold 3-4. We can rent it from noon until dark for $25. It is $5 to drop a kayak but it will be ~4 miles of rowing if you do that. I'm not sure how many boats they have so bringing kayaks is a good backup plan. Anyhow, this plan let's you stay up late and still go caching the next day! Anyone game? :D

Edited by TrailGators

TA

I'm still debating if I want to get up at 4:30AM to try to get down there by 6AM....You guys are killing me... :sad:

We are also thinking about renting a boat at Lake Hodges tomorrow to get Rubi's Regatta and the new Mont St. Michel. Richard said he may be game. I think the boat will hold 3-4. We can rent it from noon until dark for $25. It is $5 to drop a kayak but it will be ~4 miles of rowing if you do that. I'm not sure how many boats they have so bringing kayaks is a good backup plan. Anyhow, this plan let's you stay up late and still go caching the next day! Anyone game? :D

Shoot.. I left my kayak at my other house. :D:D

TA

I'm still debating if I want to get up at 4:30AM to try to get down there by 6AM....You guys are killing me... :)

We are also thinking about renting a boat at Lake Hodges tomorrow to get Rubi's Regatta and the new Mont St. Michel. Richard said he may be game. I think the boat will hold 3-4. We can rent it from noon until dark for $25. It is $5 to drop a kayak but it will be ~4 miles of rowing if you do that. I'm not sure how many boats they have so bringing kayaks is a good backup plan. Anyhow, this plan let's you stay up late and still go caching the next day! Anyone game? B)

Shoot.. I left my kayak at my other house. :DB)

I might be game if I can learn French and figure out the puzzle.

TA

I'm still debating if I want to get up at 4:30AM to try to get down there by 6AM....You guys are killing me... :)

We are also thinking about renting a boat at Lake Hodges tomorrow to get Rubi's Regatta and the new Mont St. Michel. Richard said he may be game. I think the boat will hold 3-4. We can rent it from noon until dark for $25. It is $5 to drop a kayak but it will be ~4 miles of rowing if you do that. I'm not sure how many boats they have so bringing kayaks is a good backup plan. Anyhow, this plan let's you stay up late and still go caching the next day! Anyone game? B)

Shoot.. I left my kayak at my other house. :DB)

I might be game if I can learn French and figure out the puzzle.

Richard and I are meeting the Splashes at 10AM at the P&R at NC Mall. I'm not sure how many will fit in the boat but we are renting it for the day. The more people that do it the less it costs per person! B) We will have to take turns if there are too many people. But it should be fun! :D

SPRINKLES I LOVE SPRINKLES !!!!

OJ - OK Your the best friend a FATTBOY can have .....

I don't know if I will go there is a lot of 2-3 train's will see??

:) FATTBOY B)

B) I'll GO JUST FOR THE DONUT'S B)

The was attacked by tail grass and overgrown weeds at my house today.. How did they get that tall? Oh ya, I have been ignoring it because of geocaching! :D I have got to clean up my place. Have fun everyone! Be safe! I have a few puzzles planted that I can work on also. B):D

just wanted to thank Johoadi, John, Chuy and Richard for letting me tag along the other night in MTRP.

It was my first visit there and I had a great time while out on our night time adventures!!! I'm still a little slower than the others - hopefully I did not slow them down too much!!

26 caches, who know's how many miles and lot's of good laughs and great memories!!!

Thanks!!

Tony

The was attacked by tail grass and overgrown weeds at my house today.. How did they get that tall? Oh ya, I have been ignoring it because of geocaching! :laughing: I have got to clean up my place. Have fun everyone! Be safe! I have a few puzzles planted that I can work on also. :anitongue::anitongue:

For the love of God and everyone of us....go caching!!!! Forget staying home and working on evil puzzles.

I'm thinking of biking [some of the way] up to Vista Dos Lagos on Thursday morning (0830'ish). Of course, that depends on what comes out the night before, but if there's enough interest, I'll commit to it. My route will be 5 miles roundtrip if my cheater trail is available; 7 miles if it's not. I plan on using the bushwhacking route to Mother May I?

Acutally, if the cheater trail is available, I'll hoof it in and out.

Edited by Chuy!

The was attacked by tail grass and overgrown weeds at my house today.. How did they get that tall? Oh ya, I have been ignoring it because of geocaching! :P I have got to clean up my place. Have fun everyone! Be safe! I have a few puzzles planted that I can work on also. :huh::P

For the love of God and everyone of us....go caching!!!! Forget staying home and working on evil puzzles.

:P:P

caching plans this week????

It's a nice full moon tonight and was thinking of getting out for some night caching tonight?

anyone?

Darn it! If I had logged here first, I could've joined you, but I was working on that dang new Click It puzzle. It's a bit late now.

If anyone is interested in knocking out some of the downtown/Gaslamp area caches this afternoon - let me know either via email - redstareg@gmail.com or give me a ring - 619-403-1372

I'm wrapping up things at the ESRI convention around 2 pm today and will have a couple hours to snag whatever I can grab!!!

BTW - for those of you who have no clue about ESRI - it is a Canadian firm that is the world leader in GIS (geographic information system) modeling and mapping software and technology. There are tons of companies that we all use almost daily in our Geocaching adventures and the booth that I am working actually has given me some really GREAT swag for the August 20th event.

If anyone is interested in knocking out some of the downtown/Gaslamp area caches this afternoon - let me know either via email - redstareg@gmail.com or give me a ring - 619-403-1372

I'm wrapping up things at the ESRI convention around 2 pm today and will have a couple hours to snag whatever I can grab!!!

BTW - for those of you who have no clue about ESRI - it is a Canadian firm that is the world leader in GIS (geographic information system) modeling and mapping software and technology. There are tons of companies that we all use almost daily in our Geocaching adventures and the booth that I am working actually has given me some really GREAT swag for the August 20th event.

I am down....I will see you outside Section "B" of the convention center @ 1400.

Sounds like you guys had fun. Wish I could have made it but I haven't perfected that being in two places at one time thing. :D

Anyone have any plans for later this evening or tomorrow? :D

Sounds like you guys had fun. Wish I could have made it but I haven't perfected that being in two places at one time thing. :D

Anyone have any plans for later this evening or tomorrow? :wub:

We were just thinking of what to do. Lets see...... Yard Work :D vs. GeoCaching :D .......

Oh what to do???

Edited by DaMoores

Anyone have any plans for later this evening or tomorrow? :D

I had a great time with Dave and Karen. Thanks to you both for joining me!!!

It's great watching GoBolts! in stealth mode - pulling out his cell phone just as he reaches behind a scale to make a grab, or casual sitting on a planter, reaching behind him and coming out with a cache container in his hands.

Then watching the gears in his head turning as we pass interesting points around downtown - WATCH OUT - I think there may be a new puzzle cache in the works now!!!

I'm swamped with work this weekend, so not too much caching for me :wub:

I am thinking of maybe finishing up some of the poway area caches on Monday or maybe some of the underground caches around town if anyone is interested.

Just wondering if anyone was game for Navajo Adventure in the morning (Saturday, 8/12). Anytime before 10 am (gotta leave time for a likely rescue from the quicksand ... reminds me of a sick joke about an elephant, a mouse and a Porsche...) Call or e-mail if you are interested... And, no, I won't tell you the joke unless you go with me tomorrow! :D:o
I would but I am in the middle of installing some new baseboards in my house. I haven't been Johnny Carpenter for awhile but it's actually kind of fun. Anyhow have fun and I'll have to google for that joke.... :D
Just wondering if anyone was game for Navajo Adventure in the morning (Saturday, 8/12). Anytime before 10 am (gotta leave time for a likely rescue from the quicksand ... reminds me of a sick joke about an elephant, a mouse and a Porsche...) Call or e-mail if you are interested... And, no, I won't tell you the joke unless you go with me tomorrow! :D:o
I would but I am in the middle of installing some new baseboards in my house. I haven't been Johnny Carpenter for awhile but it's actually kind of fun. Anyhow have fun and I'll have to google for that joke.... :D

I'm game. I need to get a new pair of boots, but before I do now would be a good time for this cache. Maybe we'll find an old locker down there too. :D

Where do you want to meet?

I need to get the three caches down the trail too.

Pat: Drop the hammer and put your hands in the air. Now step away from the hammer and go grab yor GPS.

Just wondering if anyone was game for Navajo Adventure in the morning (Saturday, 8/12). Anytime before 10 am (gotta leave time for a likely rescue from the quicksand ... reminds me of a sick joke about an elephant, a mouse and a Porsche...) Call or e-mail if you are interested... And, no, I won't tell you the joke unless you go with me tomorrow! :D:)
I would but I am in the middle of installing some new baseboards in my house. I haven't been Johnny Carpenter for awhile but it's actually kind of fun. Anyhow have fun and I'll have to google for that joke.... :o

I'm game. I need to get a new pair of boots, but before I do now would be a good time for this cache. Maybe we'll find an old locker down there too. :D

Pat: Drop the hammer and put your hands in the air. Now step away from the hammer and go grab yor GPS.

Haha! There will be many future weekends for caching. I've been putting off doing this job for way too long. If I do this it will enable a new cycle of détente with the high commandress. :D:D Plus I'd rather do this when it's hot outside and cool inside. If I'm going to get stuck paying 400 freaking smackers a month for A/C, then I might as well enjoy it! :D:D

I'm up for an early (7:00 am) meet time in the parking lot of the church. Somewhere near 32-47.603 and 117-4.414, I think. I'm usually up at 6:00 am, so feel free to call if you want. E-mail me if you need my number.

time change. Duganrm and i are attacking lake murray at 4pm. we are meeting at the main parking lot. look for the silver tundra...you will know which one just check the license plate. bring a bike just in case

Bummer you didn't do this on Saturday..

We mainly hit caches that were fairly close to parking. Let me know if you want to go tomorrow and do the rest by bike. I still want to go out tomorrow but don't feel to good at the moment so I plan to sleep in at least a little (or else I would have tried to meet Flagman also).

time change. Duganrm and i are attacking lake murray at 4pm. we are meeting at the main parking lot. look for the silver tundra...you will know which one just check the license plate. bring a bike just in case

Bummer you didn't do this on Saturday..

We mainly hit caches that were fairly close to parking. Let me know if you want to go tomorrow and do the rest by bike. I still want to go out tomorrow but don't feel to good at the moment so I plan to sleep in at least a little (or else I would have tried to meet Flagman also).

I slept in also. I probably wont be out this morning.. double bummer, and I am going to miss that joke too.. :)

I slept in also. I probably wont be out this morning.. double bummer, and I am going to miss that joke too.. :P
While taking a little break I found the joke! :)

An elephant and a mouse are walking together through the jungle when the elephant falls into a very large hole. The hole is so large that try as he might, the elephant is unable to climb out. So the mouse says, "Hang around, I'll get something to drag you out with" and leaves. A little while later the mouse returns driving a Porsche and with a rope tied to the bumper bar and he drags the elephant out of the hole. The two friends continue their stroll through the jungle when all of a sudden, the mouse falls into a hole. The elephant immediately stands over the hole and squatting over it, lowers his ahem so the mouse can grab it and lift himself out of the hole. The moral of this story is that "IF YOUR AHEM IS LONG ENOUGH YOU DON'T NEED A PORSCHE." Good joke Tom! :grin:

Edited by TrailGators

I wound up getting out of work today - WooHoo!! 2 days off for catching up around the house and caching!!!

Anyone planning anything today or this evening or tomorrow?

I hope to go out for a few hours tonight (hopefully with Rogue as well). Dunno where at this point.

I wound up getting out of work today - WooHoo!! 2 days off for catching up around the house and caching!!!

I hope to go out for a few hours tonight (hopefully with Rogue as well). Dunno where at this point.

Let me know when you figure out where you're going Richard and maybe we can set up a meeting place.

Let me know when you figure out where you're going Richard and maybe we can set up a meeting place.

We are talking about going down to Mission Bay and doing the multi "Count the Palms at the Bay" (GCGVY2) since we need to get Kaida the geomutt out for a walk (and of course a couple other nearby caches). We have kept her at home far too much recenlty and she needs to get out (hopefully they allow dogs in that area or we will have to go somewhere else on the bay). I am still working Rogue towards the door so not sure when we will leave the house yet. I will send you my cell number.

We are talking about going down to Mission Bay and doing the multi "Count the Palms at the Bay" (GCGVY2) since we need to get Kaida the geomutt out for a walk (and of course a couple other nearby caches). We have kept her at home far too much recenlty and she needs to get out (hopefully they allow dogs in that area or we will have to go somewhere else on the bay). I am still working Rogue towards the door so not sure when we will leave the house yet. I will send you my cell number.

Why you guys keep putting off Whale Pool Isle? :P

Why you guys keep putting off Whale Pool Isle? :P

Not putting it off - saving it for a kayaking day in the bay!!

Last time I went to get that one, they were doing the Over the Line mess on Fiesta Island so I passed on getting wet.

I actually really want to do Proctor Valley Monster Project tonight - my girl won't go with me after we attempted The Forbidden Forrest...hmmm, don't know why??????

We'er looking to do "Proctor Valley Monster" tomorrow nite :ph34r:. Is it really dark in the valley? :lol: Anybody wana come along?

Illuminatin tonight is 22% and decreasing.

What time you going?

The wife is going out, but I have to do alot of convincing to get my girls (except Ginger) to go along.

We'er looking to do "Proctor Valley Monster" tomorrow nite :ph34r: . Is it really dark in the valley? :D Anybody wana come along?

Illuminatin tonight is 22% and decreasing.

Hey, Chuy, where do you get that info?

A freeware software program I installed on my PocketPC called Ephemeris. Also has sun/moon rise; sun/moon track; moon phase calendar; and a compass where you point the pda at the sun/moon and it tells you which way is north.

I'm out tonight. The kids don't want anything to do with this cache. Maybe shouldn't have shown them the website and howled at them :lol: .

Duganrm, Miragee and Dillon Dad are planning on working our way through chula vista to the border tomorrow. starting around 8ish? 9ish? haven't picked a meeting place. planning on staying west of 805 with possibly finishing up on coronado island.
I won't be able to make it. I have company this weekend. Have fun!