San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Here is a map of my unfounds. The Carlsbad multi is in the top left corner. We could start there and work our way back south down the coast. There is a parking lot at N33 09.636 W117 20.851 that we could meet.....

77163543-de22-4760-89df-d176ea1bc42b.jpg

Wish I could make it - but we're in the middle of moving. However, that is right in our neck of the woods, so to speak... hmm! Where are you headed after the initial Carlsbad multi?
Roger! I'm working on some puzzles in the area but you guys better solve them too! :ph34r:

Ummm, which ones...? :anitongue: I don't think I have any solved ones for Carlsbad so it looks like it may be a long night... :ph34r:

And by the way, who's Roger? Have you been caching with someone on the side? We better not find any foxtails in your socks, mister! :ph34r::rolleyes:

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer
Roger! I'm working on some puzzles in the area but you guys better solve them too! :ph34r:

Ummm, which ones...? :anitongue: I don't think I have any solved ones for Carlsbad so it looks like it may be a long night... :ph34r:

And by the way, who's Roger? Have you been caching with someone on the side? We better not find any foxtails in your socks, mister! :ph34r::rolleyes:

Puzzles in that general area that I have solved include: YMCA, Noah's Ark, PODVODNAYA and Suburban Sudoku Craze.

Roger is Surely's husband and like Leslie Nielsen says "Don't call me Shirley!" :ph34r:

Here is a map of my unfounds. The Carlsbad multi is in the top left corner. We could start there and work our way back south down the coast. There is a parking lot at N33 09.636 W117 20.851 that we could meet.....

77163543-de22-4760-89df-d176ea1bc42b.jpg

Wish I could make it - but we're in the middle of moving. However, that is right in our neck of the woods, so to speak... hmm! Where are you headed after the initial Carlsbad multi?

I think we'll head south but we often act like pinballs when we are caching so who knows where we'll actually end up. But give us a ring whenever! :anitongue:

It was 113 in El Cajon yesterday, which set a new all-time record. It is 101° in here and 106° outside . . . so far. <_<

Has anyone heard anything about the fire near Lyons Valley Road and Japatul Valley Road? I heard they were evacuating people and earlier this morning I could smell smoke . . . :(

It was 113 in El Cajon yesterday, which set a new all-time record. It is 101° in here and 106° outside . . . so far. :)

Has anyone heard anything about the fire near Lyons Valley Road and Japatul Valley Road? I heard they were evacuating people and earlier this morning I could smell smoke . . . :rolleyes:

Fire 1: The 150 acre fire was reported at 6:04 a.m. on the east side of Lyons Valley Road, near Japatul Valley Road. The fire forced the closure of Lyons Valley Road between Japatul Valley Road and the detention center, the Barrett Honor Camp.

Fire 2: About 6,000 acres are burning in the Pine Creek Wilderness and Hauser Wilderness. Evacuations have been ordered for Carvacre, Correll Canyon campground and Sky Valley.

Hopefully everyone is OK down there!

It was 113 in El Cajon yesterday, which set a new all-time record. It is 101° in here and 106° outside . . . so far. :)

Has anyone heard anything about the fire near Lyons Valley Road and Japatul Valley Road? I heard they were evacuating people and earlier this morning I could smell smoke . . . :rolleyes:

No.. is your home ok Karen?

Yes. When a friend called because ash was falling at her place I drove around on Lyons Valley Road to see where the fire was.

This is what it looked like from my house.

b06fbcd2-12f1-48ac-a531-d8d699fa2193.jpg

Here is a picture from near my "Lyons Valley Roadside Distraction" cache looking NE towards the Horsethief Canyon Wilderness Area.

2c409303-9169-41e6-9852-c367a88394e7.jpg

I think the caches in the area are okay. At least I sure hope Night Hunter's and Latitude 32's amazing "Treasure Trove" are.

Channel 8 was in the area and they had some good coverage of the fire on the evening news.

Yes. When a friend called because ash was falling at her place I drove around on Lyons Valley Road to see where the fire was.

Here is a picture from near my "Lyons Valley Roadside Distraction" cache looking NE towards the Horsethief Canyon Wilderness Area.

I think the caches in the area are okay. At least I sure hope Night Hunter's and Latitude 32's amazing "Treasure Trove" are.

Channel 8 was in the area and they had some good coverage of the fire on the evening news.

We flew around this fire coming into San Diego today and could see the flames. As far as I could tell it looked like it was burning away from any homes.

By the way... it was cooler in Dallas yesterday then it was here, go figure.

We flew around this fire coming into San Diego today and could see the flames. As far as I could tell it looked like it was burning away from any homes.

Thanks for bringing the 'cooler' weather back :rolleyes:

Thanks for bringing the 'cooler' weather back :)

This morning the news mentioned that it was cooler in Houston then it is here. They also mentioned that if that's the case, we've got serious problems. :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to a cool down. The powerbills we're getting this month should only be reserved for people that live in Phoenix.

So....any plans for a SDCET gig this upcomming Sunday?

I think we were talking about doing Black Beard's Grotto this Saturday if there was going to be a negative low tide!

It's look'n like 4" around 6:21am.

http://scilib.ucsd.edu/sio/tide/piertide.html

If I'm back, We'd like to go.

I'm not getting up at 4AM to get down there at 5AM.

If we go at 5PM it looks like we would be getting wet.

7d622881-5cc8-4038-b4b7-8c37d2ac5348.jpg

I think we were talking about doing Black Beard's Grotto this Saturday if there was going to be a negative low tide!

It's look'n like 4" around 6:21am.

http://scilib.ucsd.edu/sio/tide/piertide.html

If I'm back, We'd like to go.

I'm not getting up at 4AM to get down there at 5AM.

If we go at 5PM it looks like we would be getting wet.

7d622881-5cc8-4038-b4b7-8c37d2ac5348.jpg

It has also been commented that you WANT to do this at negative tide.

TA

Wherever we decide to go Saturday, we might need our jackets.

Look at the predicted temperature for El Cajon! :(

ed3b0fb7-cf71-472a-84b2-fccd5b27203e.jpg

Don't believe them! They said mid/high 90s this past weekend and it ended up being 114! :o

ohmygosh, I don't think the temp is ever going to go down! Geez...maybe I'll go visit Phoenix this weekend, I think their temps might be lower then ours. :(

I wouldn't mind doing an early evening run, or really early Sunday morning. My husband has a 6:15 flight out of San Diego Sunday a.m. so......I'll be up and already down there. Unless he decides to be a big boy and park down there and I can sleep in. :) Therefore, I'm back to early evening....just not in the middle of the HOT day. :o

Don't believe them! They said mid/high 90s this past weekend and it ended up being 114! :o

ohmygosh, I don't think the temp is ever going to go down! Geez...maybe I'll go visit Phoenix this weekend, I think their temps might be lower then ours. :(

I wouldn't mind doing an early evening run, or really early Sunday morning. My husband has a 6:15 flight out of San Diego Sunday a.m. so......I'll be up and already down there. Unless he decides to be a big boy and park down there and I can sleep in. :o Therefore, I'm back to early evening....just not in the middle of the HOT day. :)

We figured last weekend that we should have waited until late in the day to cache. Weather.com said it was going to be 87 in Carlsbad last Saturday and it got up to 101! :) It was 87 around 5PM, which felt fine for caching.

Don't believe them! They said mid/high 90s this past weekend and it ended up being 114! :(

I cant this weekend.. I got a date! :o (yes, all weekend..) :D

:):o:o Paul has a date and Tracie is out of town???? I bet it's Pamela Anderson :):)

Look at the predicted temperature for El Cajon! :P

I cant this weekend.. I got a date! :o (yes, all weekend..) :P

:D:D:D Paul has a date and Tracie is out of town???? I bet it's Pamela Anderson :o:P

Pamela doesn't hold a candle to my lovey. :o Although... ;)

MY trip from last week got pushed back to this week. I'll be in Santa Barbara caching around. Oh ya....Getting paid too. :unsure:B)B):D
Where do I sign up? :D

I don't want the competition B) I kneed all the help I can get to catch up with yous guy&gals :(

Trust me, I'm not competing. :) Do we win something? B) Edited by TrailGators

06logo_.jpg

My then 9-year old daughter had a blast last year; she's looking forward to it again this year.

It's on Saturday, August 19. The 20-mile route is relatively flat and there are several caches along the way, in Shelter and Harbor Islands.

Come join us!

Website here; Register here.

I've already registered Chuy so I will be keeping my eye out for you and your daughter on the tandem this time. Also Rosartio to Ensenada is coming up in Sept. and Chuy has caches placed along the route.

06logo_.jpg

My then 9-year old daughter had a blast last year; she's looking forward to it again this year.

It's on Saturday, August 19. The 20-mile route is relatively flat and there are several caches along the way, in Shelter and Harbor Islands.

Come join us!

Website here; Register here.

I've already registered Chuy so I will be keeping my eye out for you and your daughter on the tandem this time. Also Rosartio to Ensenada is coming up in Sept. and Chuy has caches placed along the route.

:unsure: We'll be in VT, but if your serious about letting us join you for the Rosarito to Enseneda and you won't let me get lost in Mexico tell us when to sign up. jnj

anyone interested in a cache event on fiesta island in the next couple of weeks? bonfire and fireworks and a nighttime only geocache adventure?????...you bring a dessert to share....calll in Come on Baby Light My Fire.....need some help setting it up. Volunteers?

Water polos over. We'll go. What type of help are you look'n for?

anyone interested in a cache event on fiesta island in the next couple of weeks? bonfire and fireworks and a nighttime only geocache adventure?????...you bring a dessert to share....calll in Come on Baby Light My Fire.....need some help setting it up. Volunteers?

Sunday, monday, or tuesday night and we would love to attend. Do whatever we can to help set up also. Never helped host a event before but will do whatever is needed to help!

:laughing: We'll be in VT, but if your serious about letting us join you for the Rosarito to Enseneda and you won't let me get lost in Mexico tell us when to sign up. jnj

You can't get lost in Mexico; just follow the bike riders :lol: . And I promise to hang with you. But knowing you two fanatic hikers, you'll be slowing for me. I like to ride, but I don't consider myself a hard rider. My average speed on this route is 16mph.

I am registered for the ride.

You want to register before Sep 5 to avoid will-call which is in an area severly congested. I would know 'cause I've been through it twice.

The event sponsors the One Way Bike Ride program. It's a bike donation program to benefit a needy family in Mexico. If someone wants to donate a bike, I'm willing to ride it for you. You will get an event t-shirt and letter of appreciation in return. But I must insist the bike be a multi-speed 'cause I hate walking up hills! There must be at least two sprockets at the front, the smallest of which must have at most 38 teeth, and the largest ring on the rear spocket must have at least 28 teeth. Most Mtn bikes meet this criteria.

REF06ART250.jpg

I'm willing to staff the grill if someone brings a grill. I'm also willing to prepare some carne asada ala the MTRP Armistice barbeque.

We are also interested and would attend. We can bring night sticks for everyone and dessert. We may be able to help in aother way also..

TA

so I guess the first step for planning the event would be to post it right?

Is there camping on Fiesta Island?

Beach Fires:

Containers for beach fires are available at many beaches and available on a first come, first served basis. Fires are permitted between 5 a.m. and 12 a.m. midnight. The burning of rubbish is prohibited. Only wood, charcoal, or paper products may be used as fuel. Fuel for the fire may not exceed a height of more than twelve inches above the upper edge of the fire container. The fire must be extinguished before leaving the beach. Open beach fires outside containers are prohibited at all San Diego beaches.

Regulations -- Standard San Diego beach regulations apply, with the following modifications:

o Alcohol consumption is permitted in Mission Bay Park areas and on beaches from 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m., except for Santa Clara Place, where alcohol consumption is prohibited at all times. Alcohol consumption is prohibited in parking lots.

o Overnight camping is prohibited and it is unlawful to park a vehicle in Mission Bay Park between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. daily.

o Glass containers of any kind are not allowed in the park.

o Dogs are allowed on Fiesta Island off leash at any time. In the summer, access to Fiesta Island after 10:00 PM is limited to pedestrians because the gate at the entrance to Fiesta Island is closed overnight. Dogs are allowed in the park on leash anywhere in Mission Bay Park before 9:00AM and after 6:00PM. Dogs are prohibited from being in the park between the hours of 9:00AM and 6:00PM. Park Rangers and park users ask that dog owners pick up after their dogs, and "leave only paw prints behind."

Large Groups:

The basic rule of thumb is that any gathering of over 75 people requires a permit from the Park and Recreation Department. A permit is also required for a wedding, water event, athletic event, voice and/or music amplification, or use of special setup equipment (such as an inflatable party jump, dunk tank, canopy, etc.) For permit information call Regional Parks at (619) 235-1169.

http://www.sandiego.gov/lifeguards/beaches/mbay.shtml

Still enough left to have fun. :laughing:

Edited by DaMoores

Well my trip up nort just fell thru. No caching in Santa Barbrara.

I think we'll hit Point Loma and around San Diego Bay just to stay cool :laughing: .

Maybe we'll see you around Pt Loma - I'm heading out in a few to finish up Local Treasure for my 100th and grab a few others.

RedStar (Tony)

Well my trip up nort just fell thru. No caching in Santa Barbrara.

I think we'll hit Point Loma and around San Diego Bay just to stay cool :laughing: .

Maybe we'll see you around Pt Loma - I'm heading out in a few to finish up Local Treasure for my 100th and grab a few others.

RedStar (Tony)

What day/time are you thinking?