Lake District

Munkeh

Most are by the smileys though....some iffy coords by them!! One of them, near Buttermere, points 300ft off a cliff!! The cache itself is towards the white cross on the hill, does help to read some of the previous logs sometimes just to be sure!

We did loads just before we did Quest for the Ring of Power, trying to get to a significant landmark so QFTROP was a good number!!

Most are by the smileys though....some iffy coords by them!! One of them, near Buttermere, points 300ft off a cliff!! The cache itself is towards the white cross on the hill, does help to read some of the previous logs sometimes just to be sure!

I got a lot of stick for not looking in the right place on that one (while another member of our party went to look at the cross out of interest and found it straight away, so it's nice to see it was the co-ords and not me after all!

:ph34r:

If you have internet access while you're there you can always email us

Thanks for the offer, I hope we dont have to, but just in case. We can get internet, as there is a wifi spot in Coniston near to where we are staying.

I saw the video, it was what motivated me to want to do this cache.

To be honest, I think I have worked out where most of the caches are (including the final), but we want to do it all, and find every box.

To be honest, I think I have worked out where most of the caches are (including the final), but we want to do it all, and find every box.

I thought we had worked out where all the caches were before we set out. Get the first one to ensure you get to number two. This was one of the best cache finds I have done. I must say that where we thought they were weren't. B)

You will get to the general area but there are a few tricky spots. (Like number 3) B)

If you've got the time then do it. Took 5 of us and boo around ten hours from start to finish. B)

If you've got the time then do it. Took 5 of us and boo around ten hours from start to finish. B)

I think we took roughly the same amount of time as Sparticus &co in total, but over two days because we didn't get up there and started until gone midday on the first day, so we ran out of light before we got to the end, and had to come back another day for the last two stages!

Don't forget to factor in a fair bit of time for driving between the stages. There's a strange thing about driving on Lakeland roads. Frustratingly often, "the car in front is a Toyota".... and one that is doing maximum 20mph and getting spooked by having to squeeze past things coming the other way. B)

Do let us know when you're going to do the South Lakes Webcam and we'll all tune in and save your picture for you!

That would be good. We will do the webcam on Monday, after we finish The Quest.

I will post a time on here as soon as we know when we will be there.

Just checked out the South Lakes webcam, which is working fine (unlike when I tried to get this cache the other week - grrr!) and if the Royles are going to try for it today, they'd best get their shades and sunhats on for the "something inappropriate" (as requested for the cache) because it looks like the weather's certainly on the miserable side in Coniston!