*** This Just In***

RocketMan

This Just In - After rousting Kaching Kristin from bed at 10:00 we decided to take a quick trip into the mountains before the Bronco game.

Kaching Kristin and Mrs. Rocket Man in the Snow

98aae067-8ce4-4ee8-b53f-702354f21f6d.jpg

Jackie the Dog Catching a Snowball

723c053c-29a9-4266-8494-8391f75e35f2.jpg

The Dog Really Hates the Snow. Can't You Tell? ;)

706e9d93-58b5-49ed-af3b-3c71eb153c7d.jpg

Someone Forgot to Plow

c77bb01a-09fe-4c58-b829-63826dae8fcb.jpg

Someone Forgot to Plow

c77bb01a-09fe-4c58-b829-63826dae8fcb.jpg

They probably don't plow backroads very often....

I still remember the parking lot where I worked looked like from December thru April. No parking lot lines for 5 months!

I also remember several times when I drove home down a backroad after hitting the bars during a snowstorm. I had to basically stay in between the farmers fences on each side of the road the whole way home! It was actually kind of fun!

One more thing...if you're going to toodle around in sticksville in the winter, make sure that you always have plenty of extra warm clothes with you!

Actually that road goes into a new housing development that is not even started yet so there is no reason to plow it. The adjacent road has houses along it and it is well plowed even though it is dirt. We were far from sticksville and it was in the 60's out there. But, I know what you mean about he warm clothes. I wouldn’t want to become a statistic. ;)

Actually that road goes into a new housing development that is not even started yet so there is no reason to plow it. The adjacent road has houses along it and it is well plowed even though it is dirt. We were far from sticksville and it was in the 60's out there. But, I know what you mean about he warm clothes. I wouldn’t want to become a statistic. ;)

It is very easy for some stupid thing to happen and you go off the road or breakdown and get stuck at night in sub-freezing temps. I used to carry a survival kit with me in winter. As long as you have one of those nothing will happen to you! :(

Edited by TrailGators
***This Just In***

Found it!....What's with PW and toilet caches?

15c4e04f-8a4b-4868-bc9e-2192a9ee3d43.jpg

Dr. Boggis and PassingWind getting wet

abc373bd-a937-46c4-9488-b1a138286d12.jpg

Just plain awesome! See any skeletal remains around that wreck?

By the way PW, where are those bubbles coming from?

That camera needed a flash. Barely able to bring up and image of the eyes.

Edited by SD Rowdies
geocacher cluster all logging the find.

5d233f84-8856-429c-bfae-d8909c08b076.jpg

Looks like a fun time.

BTW: Mrs. Rocket Man thinks I am a total geek because I own one of those headlamps.

Well?

Well, I'm not a total geek. ;)

Luckily it was dark out so nobody else could see them! ;)

But I'll admit that I looked exactly like that when I did Forbidden Forest with duganrm and Rogue on Saturday night! Richard did any of your photos come out? :huh:

But I'll admit that I looked exactly like that when I did Forbidden Forest with duganrm and Rogue on Saturday night! Richard did any of your photos come out? ;)

I think I only took pictures of the spiders and the caches (no pictures of any of us). I didn't get a chance to go through all my pictures from Saturday (still need to upload at least some more of the sunset shots). Most of my pictures from the day were taken at the Aquarium so they had nothing to do with caching.

I uploaded other pictures from Proctor Valley to the cache page but didn't post them here. I didn't know which ones I should post. I believe Miragee should have a shot of the whole group. Princess Toadstool took the picture so she would be the only one that was not in it.

No flash?....that's what I was going for....the whole Darth Vader look. I heard it's all the rage now a days.

"LLLLLuke I'm your Father"

Of course I couldn't help myself so I had a look at the image to see whether the dark area defined by the mask contained detail that could be brought up so the eyes show. Result was a finding that there was not enough detail there to enhance the image enough to make it worthwhile.

On the good side the image would work as an example for a lesson on evaluating the detail content of very dark areas.

Edited by SD Rowdies

No flash?....that's what I was going for....the whole Darth Vader look. I heard it's all the rage now a days.

"LLLLLuke I'm your Father"

Of course I couldn't help myself so I had a look at the image to see whether the dark area defined by the mask contained detail that could be brought up so the eyes show. Result was a finding that there was not enough detail there to enhance the image enough to make it worthwhile.

On the good side the image would work as an example for a lesson on evaluating the detail content of very dark areas.

I'll send you the high res original when I get home......there is detail! ;)