*** This Just In***

RocketMan

The closest to country that I listen to is Southern Rock like Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Allman Brothers. But for some reason Alyssa likes country music. I think it's because her friends like it. I can listen to it if I'm in a bar or something. :blink:

"What kind of music do you usually have here?"

"Oh, we got both kinds. We got country and western."

Honk if you know the movie...

The closest to country that I listen to is Southern Rock like Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Allman Brothers. But for some reason Alyssa likes country music. I think it's because her friends like it. I can listen to it if I'm in a bar or something. :ph34r:

HONK!!! :blink:

"Gentlemen, please rest your sphincters!" :P

"I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter." B)

"My name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim. " :P

Edited by TrailGators

P.S. Who is Phil Vassar?

He's CoUnTrY! Are you a country illiterate? :unsure:

Hint: Try Google. :lol:

Dave I was just asking. If I was asking what Cheyenne Wyoming looked like you wouldn't tell me to go Google and find out. Anyhow, I asked Alyssa who he was and she said he was a country singer that has one really good song called "The Last Day of My Life." I've never heard it so I guess I'm "country illiterate." Who knows I may even like the song if I heard it....Anyhow she didn't tell me to go Google and find out the answer. I think we do too much of that these days. What ever happened to having conversations?

Anyhow, back when I lived in Illinois I used to go to the VFW down the street from my house almost every week. They used to play a song on the jukebox called "The Dance" by Garth Brooks. I really liked the lyrics to that song....

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance

I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

Edited by TrailGators
Dave I was just asking. If I was asking what Cheyenne Wyoming looked like you wouldn't tell me to go Google and find out. Anyhow, I asked Alyssa who he was and she said he was a country singer that has one really good song called "The Last Day of My Life." I've never heard it so I guess I'm "country illiterate." Who knows I may even like the song if I heard it....Anyhow she didn't tell me to go Google and find out the answer. I think we do too much of that these days. What ever happened to having conversations?

I was just messing with you because I know how much you like country music. :unsure:

*** This Just In *** - Some Caching on our way from Cheyenne to Rock Springs

Balance your Checkbook

Cool Rock

d0793d13-103f-41e4-8cfa-a3d2d32febc4.jpg

Mrs. RocketMan's Lifted Cachemobile (No, she won't let me take it on Hells Revenge)

01524284-518e-4b4c-b016-686d6b4affd1.jpg

VEEDAWOO VIEW

2f92f1e1-40f5-4489-ba59-020da1486a23.jpg

7ad43e5d-a517-43ae-9994-3b888f488e63.jpg

White Rock Canyon

9d680956-bedf-477c-864a-6834cbe5573e.jpg

d18055a5-9787-4172-8ef6-539e04b09e0e.jpg

2a418652-f568-4cf7-8fcf-8e94a884b03f.jpg

KOIN-KACHE

Wild Mustangs

70a92e83-0964-4067-b87e-2e330a991dba.jpg

Badger in the Bushes (Camera was not ready before he went in bushes)

7c76811a-f543-47d1-97f4-6fc5ad47c697.jpg

Note: I think this is the last time we will have internet access the rest of our trip, so I will probably will not post more pics until August 6th. Take care, RM

HONK!!! :unsure:

"Gentlemen, please rest your sphincters!" :lol:

"I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter." :(

"My name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim. " -_-

Was it? I don't remember it being in that movie...(but then, maybe it's one of the half a million things I don't remember...)

I was thinking of "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses..."

P.S. That photo of the mustangs is amazing! :D:D:(

WOW!! That photograph of the horses is simply amazing! notworthy.gif

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. :unsure:

Ditto what Miragee said, only add another 'WOW!

Thanks for taking us with you!

The Splashes :(

LOVE the horse picture...and I love Wyoming....in the summer. :lol: It's just beautiful there. I wanna go back! Make sure you check out the cantalopes while you are up there!

I was just messing with you because I know how much you like country music. <_<

I'm actually neutral about it.

Edited by TrailGators

HONK!!! <_<

"Gentlemen, please rest your sphincters!" :blink:

"I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter." :)

"My name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim. " B)

Was it? I don't remember it being in that movie...(but then, maybe it's one of the half a million things I don't remember...)

I was thinking of "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses..."

P.S. That photo of the mustangs is amazing! B)B)B)

I think you're right! It was from the Blues Brothers! Another classic! I was living in Milwaukee when they filmed that backflip off the downtown overpass which was under construction. B)

P.S. Nice photos Dave! B)

Edited by TrailGators

Hi,

Our plans have changed a bit...due to some family in need....

So our two weeks in Oklahoma has stretched into a month.

And instead of the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia...

We will be departing OKC in the morning going to Salina, KS then Burlington, CO then Big Springs, NE then Rawlins, WY then Salt Lake City. I will be flying from SLC to Atlanta and Back in the same day! :blink:

Will be in SLC until the 6th then start back to San Diego. I hear that Nevada is nice this time of year. :blink:

Looking forward to returning to my San Diego job <_<

We miss you all and look forward to seeing and caching with you soooooon.

David and Sumrall

Hi,

Our plans have changed a bit...due to some family in need....

So our two weeks in Oklahoma has stretched into a month.

And instead of the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia...

We will be departing OKC in the morning going to Salina, KS then Burlington, CO then Big Springs, NE then Rawlins, WY then Salt Lake City. I will be flying from SLC to Atlanta and Back in the same day! B)

Will be in SLC until the 6th then start back to San Diego. I hear that Nevada is nice this time of year. :D

Looking forward to returning to my San Diego job :(

We miss you all and look forward to seeing and caching with you soooooon.

David and Sumrall

Are you working on the Found 50 States, I'm Going to Disneyland cache? You win a free trip to Disneyland!

Monday and Tuesday fisnjack and I made some forays into the "Horse" fire burn area. Three of the four caches in the area closest to the Barrett Honor Camp survived. SMOKEY's "cAMMO Can" lost its cammo and was out in the open.

3db46d89-5fb2-4437-bd66-0f749821662c.jpg

Surprisingly, the contents of the can survived. :D

Although we were told the area was closed, fisnjack and I "snuck" into Horsethief Canyon yesterday to check on the caches there.

5f90e1ff-dff7-429b-9d65-2697d6423927.jpg

Night Hunter's "That Man Stole My Horse," which was hidden in an amazing hollow log, succumbed to the flames . . . ;) It was less than 100 feet away from an area that did not burn.

7825967e-67d5-4e39-8891-77ae1fb29a70.jpg

And, now it is time for some mourning for one of the most amazing caches I've ever found.

This is "Latitude 32's Treasure Trove" cache in its hiding place when I found it last March.

6c8c4545-4ce3-4785-92bc-9d1990501672.jpg

And, this is the cache and its treasure.

0d121b99-942a-4319-95aa-615fa1f8b533.jpg

And this is what fisnjack and I found yesterday after a long search through many inches of ash.

b4754e1c-ba31-4cdb-8033-5f6c101757fa.jpg

:D :D <_<<_<:D:D:D

*** This Just In *** - Hi Gang, we are at the Jackson Lake Lodge and I just got Internet access back late last night and was able to log the caches from the last couple of days. Here are a few pics:

KOIN-KACHE

Some Cantelope (since it came up in the thread)

60798ff8-122f-4725-acf9-b03d5d68a286.jpg

"High" Desert

Way up There

14d589ef-32a3-49da-849e-3c607c8c517e.jpg

31cbe00c-e681-4578-a6b8-aaf810d31bfb.jpg

More Wild Horses (We actually saw a stampede of about 100 horses)

21e2f88d-42a7-4378-8d95-2b6de85ba62f.jpg

Eagle Whisperers #1

At the Saloon on the Ranch where we stayed

bf6d2ac3-dc25-4f20-96e0-6f85da0bca9e.jpg

Our Hosts (Harmon - These are Real Cowboys)

fcaf7414-d81a-42a3-8763-c86c9ace5fe5.jpg

Great photos Dave! Nice Cantaloupes! <_< I'll have to add those areas to my growing list of places I need to visit someday. With the exception of her SUV getting really dirty, does Mrs. RocketMan agree that caching makes trips like that better?

By the way, how cold was the lake? Did you guys get to go in at night for a little dip? <_<

Edited by TrailGators

At the Saloon on the Ranch where we stayed

bf6d2ac3-dc25-4f20-96e0-6f85da0bca9e.jpg

Harmon - These are Real Cowboys)

Y' mean that Hollywood cowboy that's on the wall behind you and your lovely bride?

Hat's off to cowboys that really have to handle ranch chores. That's a tough life.

Great photos as usual Dave but I gotta tell you, those socks of yours are putting me under a strain.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Great photos as usual Dave but I gotta tell you, those socks of yours are putting me under a strain.

Maybe you can "fix" them with a little Photoshop work. <_<

Edit: The cowboys didn't seem to have a problem with my socks and believe me, they would have told me if they did. They weren't shy about telling it like it is.

Edited by RocketMan
By the way, how cold was the lake? Did you guys get to go in at night for a little dip? :D

The lake was very cold and we didn't even think about taking a dip. <_< We particularly didn't want to negotiate that tough trail out of there at night. There were some pretty good mud puddles that we had to cross and I didn't have the Jeep with a winch to pull us out. <_<

Great photos as usual Dave but I gotta tell you, those socks of yours are putting me under a severe strain.

Maybe you can "fix" them with a little Photoshop work. <_< The cowboys didn't seem to have a problem with my socks and believe me, they would have told me if they did. They weren't shy about telling it like it is.

b2f42b02-e0ae-4593-9568-a13fe114d706.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies
Great photos as usual Dave but I gotta tell you, those socks of yours are putting me under a severe strain.

Maybe you can "fix" them with a little Photoshop work. :laughing: The cowboys didn't seem to have a problem with my socks and believe me, they would have told me if they did. They weren't shy about telling it like it is.

Dave, it's nice how your socks match Lisa's shirt! But I sure wouldn't have worn those socks! :laughing:

Maybe you can "fix" them with a little Photoshop work. :rolleyes: The cowboys didn't seem to have a problem with my socks and believe me, they would have told me if they did. They weren't shy about telling it like it is.

Dave, it's nice how your socks match Lisa's shirt! But I sure wouldn't have worn those socks! :laughing: Speaking of cowboys, I see one of them Southern California cowboys in your photo! :laughing:

Great photos Dave! Nice Cantaloupes! :laughing: I'll have to add those areas to my growing list of places I need to visit someday. With the exception of her SUV getting really dirty, does Mrs. RocketMan agree that caching makes trips like that better?

By the way, how cold was the lake? Did you guys get to go in at night for a little dip? :laughing:

I like the picture of the Cantalopes too! Nice! I like the ponies too......

*** This Just In *** - Mrs. RocketMan and I just got back home to Colorado last night and I just got finished logging the remaining caches that we did. We had a great time staying at the Jackson Lake Lodge the last four days and here are some pics:

So you wanna spot a MOOSE? is right next to the Lodge.

Kicking back on our Grand Teton view porch (Notice Grand Teton reflecting in the Window)

28c797de-dffa-40bc-bb20-7f6f43bfc66f.jpg

Mrs. RocketMan Trying to get back to her Chair for a Slef Timer Shot (Her camera is behind the Window and my reflection can be seen in the window)

465ac182-1a10-45db-bc97-f0869e23a762.jpg

The View from our Porch

673824c9-6f62-4704-a302-2b8b53435629.jpg

View from the Lodge

84b5d558-5a12-44a9-b438-2a80ef88c4bf.jpg

Our Whitewater Trip on the Snake River (We are on the left side)

6e062abf-5211-449b-a054-00a266837d52.jpg

Nice photos Dave! Maybe we'll have to go there next year instead of Moab! :laughing: I noticed that you switched to wearing sandals or hiding your feet completely to escape Harmon's sock scrutiny! :anicute::laughing:

I like the white water rafting trip photo. We just did a 3 day white water trip down the Grand Canyon on the Colorado River about a month ago. Had a GREAT time! LOVE the photos / Views from the lodge. I am definately game for a trip up to Wyoming. :anibad:

Nice photos Dave! Maybe we'll have to go there next year instead of Moab! :anicute: I noticed that you switched to wearing sandals or hiding your feet completely to escape Harmon's sock scrutiny! :laughing::laughing:

I'm not sure about going there "instead of Moab." I don't think the off-roading compares.

That's funny on the sock comment. I hadn't even noticed that and it wasn't intentional. :anibad:

I like the white water rafting trip photo. We just did a 3 day white water trip down the Grand Canyon on the Colorado River about a month ago.

Wow, I have always wanted to do a whitewater trip in the Grand Canyon. I just got a little taste of it on the Snake River. Did you guys have a blast? Any caches on the trip? RM

Nice photos Dave! Maybe we'll have to go there next year instead of Moab! :ph34r: I noticed that you switched to wearing sandals or hiding your feet completely to escape Harmon's sock scrutiny! :anicute::laughing:

I'm not sure about going there "instead of Moab." I don't think the off-roading compares.

That's funny on the sock comment. I hadn't even noticed that and it wasn't intentional. :anibad:

The off-roading isn't a huge factor to me. It's fun but there are other fun things to do outdoors. The area you just went looks better for hiking and just kicking back. I also think it's fun to go and explore new places!

I'm sure the sock think was unintentional. I am really self-concious about the darn things now. Everytime someone takes a photo I immediately shove down my socks! :laughing: So I would like to tar and feather two people! The first one I would to tar and feather would be the guy that invented the tie! All those darn things do is choke you and make you uncomfortable. The second one I would like to tar and feather would be the person that decided that you aren't allowed to pull your socks up to the length that they were designed to be worn! Who the heck makes this stuff up?! :blink:

Edited by TrailGators
I like the white water rafting trip photo. We just did a 3 day white water trip down the Grand Canyon on the Colorado River about a month ago.

Wow, I have always wanted to do a whitewater trip in the Grand Canyon. I just got a little taste of it on the Snake River. Did you guys have a blast? Any caches on the trip? RM

I have always wanted to do that too! :laughing:

I have always wanted to do that too! :laughing:

Not one cache down there on our stretch of the trip. :laughing: It is SO remote the only way you get down there is by raft....and they only let 100 people a day down the river by raft. And that is done now by a lottery system....it used to be a 10 year wait list from what I understand. There are a couple of virtual caches further north up the river, however, it requires either getting there by raft or an 80 mile trek in on a dirt road. We were brought down to the bottom by Helicopter...started at Whitmore rapids and ended up on Lake Mead. While we were out there, we only saw one other raft with just two folks......It was great!

Here are some photos:

Our helpcopter down to the bottom:

75f2c623-808c-45ba-9784-414e6acca2ae.jpg

Our raft with our river guide

9da26af5-d7ab-42fc-bf8b-4b87b5c09bd3.jpg

Our sleeping arrangements

edc7b367-e62d-493a-9aa5-c0ea85ac1f38.jpg

Taking it easy cruising down the Colorado River inbetween Rapids

b063b799-22df-4ee3-bdc3-239dcd1515a9.jpg

I highly recommend this trip. It was GREAT!

Nice photos Dave! Maybe we'll have to go there next year instead of Moab! :anicute: I noticed that you switched to wearing sandals or hiding your feet completely to escape Harmon's sock scrutiny! :laughing::ph34r:

The off-roading isn't a huge factor to me. It's fun but there are other fun things to do outdoors. The area you just went looks better for hiking and just kicking back. I also think it's fun to go and explore new places!

I'm sure the sock think was unintentional. I am really self-concious about the darn things now. Everytime someone takes a photo I immediately shove down my socks! :blink: So I would like to tar and feather two people! The first one I would to tar and feather would be the guy that invented the tie! All those darn things do is choke you and make you uncomfortable. The second one I would like to tar and feather would be the person that decided that you aren't allowed to pull your socks up to the length that they were designed to be worn! Who the heck makes this stuff up?! :laughing:

C'mon, I've already explained this. It's all about being cool. Refer to a previous post for a comprehensive explanation of "cool."

Nice photos Dave! Maybe we'll have to go there next year instead of Moab! :D I noticed that you switched to wearing sandals or hiding your feet completely to escape Harmon's sock scrutiny! :D:D

That's funny on the sock comment. I hadn't even noticed that and it wasn't intentional. :D

I'm sure the sock think was unintentional. I am really self-concious about the darn things now. Everytime someone takes a photo I immediately shove down my socks! :) So I would like to tar and feather two people! The first one I would to tar and feather would be the guy that invented the tie! All those darn things do is choke you and make you uncomfortable. The second one I would like to tar and feather would be the person that decided that you aren't allowed to pull your socks up to the length that they were designed to be worn! Who the heck makes this stuff up?! :D

C'mon, I've already explained this. It's all about being cool. Refer to a previous post for a comprehensive explanation of "cool."

Wearing over-sized shorts halfway down your hinder is considered cool these days. God awful rap music is considered cool. Saying "noob" every 4th or 5th word is cool. I really don't think pushing down your athletic socks is on the list! :D
Nice photos Dave! Maybe we'll have to go there next year instead of Moab! :D I noticed that you switched to wearing sandals or hiding your feet completely to escape Harmon's sock scrutiny! :D:D

That's funny on the sock comment. I hadn't even noticed that and it wasn't intentional. :D

I'm sure the sock think was unintentional. I am really self-concious about the darn things now. Everytime someone takes a photo I immediately shove down my socks! :) So I would like to tar and feather two people! The first one I would to tar and feather would be the guy that invented the tie! All those darn things do is choke you and make you uncomfortable. The second one I would like to tar and feather would be the person that decided that you aren't allowed to pull your socks up to the length that they were designed to be worn! Who the heck makes this stuff up?! :D

Wearing over-sized shorts halfway down your hinder is considered cool these days. God awful rap music is considered cool. Saying "noob" every 4th or 5th word is cool. I really don't think pushing down your athletic socks is on the list! :D

Kewl!

540d09a3-55b4-44bb-9431-0cfe1afbec62.jpg

I'm not sure about going there "instead of Moab." I don't think the off-roading compares.That's funny on the sock comment. I hadn't even noticed that and it wasn't intentional. :)
The off-roading isn't a huge factor to me. It's fun but there are other fun things to do outdoors. The area you just went looks better for hiking and just kicking back. I also think it's fun to go and explore new places! I'm sure the sock thing was unintentional. I am really self-concious about the darn things now. Everytime someone takes a photo I immediately shove down my socks! :D So I would like to tar and feather two people! The first one I would to tar and feather would be the guy that invented the tie! All those darn things do is choke you and make you uncomfortable. The second one I would like to tar and feather would be the person that decided that you aren't allowed to pull your socks up to the length that they were designed to be worn! Who the heck makes this stuff up?! :D
Kewl!
I know that we live in the modern age where some males (allegedly only 2-3%) really enjoy looking at photos like that but I am one of those males that does NOT! :D Now if you would put a world map on the derriere of one of those Victoria's Secret models I would really like that! :P That would be cool! :D Edited by TrailGators

We had some real excitement August 4th on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. It was raining buckets and we were sitting in our car hoping that the rain would stop long enough to fix breakfast. Suddenly there was a brilliant flash of light and a huge BOOOOM! About 100 yards away, there was a huge shower of sparks and then 30 feet of flame. Just as we were thinking that this is how forest fires start, the flames went out.

f1a6e6c3-181f-4a08-b4fa-3e253741acc9.jpg

After the rain stopped, we went to check it out. We found a tree with huge chunks taken out of it. Some of the pieces were thrown 100ft away. One chunk ripped big hole in the side of someone's tent (they had already gone for the day so they missed the action!) We peeked inside the tent and found a peice of wood about two feet long. A family was in another tent very close to the strike and they were pretty freaked out. They packed up all their gear and left within the hour.

0fa650cc-b478-4f35-b230-c14877f6e36d.jpg

8b3f558b-b819-4b0b-b6af-279e23330a44.jpg

Later the Park Service came and decided that the tree had to be taken out. Much of its heartwood was gone and they were afraid that it might fall (with even worse effects...) so they cut it down.

2c95cfed-39bd-42ac-8d14-66d0bc9c26ed.jpg

We had some real excitement August 4th on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. It was raining buckets and we were sitting in our car hoping that the rain would stop long enough to fix breakfast. Suddenly there was a brilliant flash of light and a huge BOOOOM! About 100 yards away, there was a huge shower of sparks and then 30 feet of flame. Just as we were thinking that this is how forest fires start, the flames went out..................

WOW - That is an amazing story. Good thing no one was hurt. Too bad you didn't have the video camera running.