*** This Just In***

RocketMan

Nice photos Dave!

Just be careful if you ever run into one of these.......

e4bb5b32-4463-4b78-8ede-bbfb51cf7c9b.jpg

I would turn around and run if I saw one of those! :)

:lol::o:o

I dunno, something like that caught in the wild and brought into captivity might bring big $$$. :D

Hey! you're right, it's a white-rumped Krispy Kreme sheep. Note how the single horn blends into the forest. A juvenile if I'm not mistaken. Well-adapted for Blizzards. Very rare.

Shouldn't that photo be on the "San Diego County Cache Critters" thread? No wait, it was taken in Colorado wasn't it? Figures, Colorado has that headless-chicken town called Fruita if you can believe that. Must be the Uranium mining that causes such abominations. I've even heard that they have horses that play football but not very well. What next?

Edited by SD Rowdies
Nice photos Dave!

I dunno, something like that caught in the wild and brought into captivity might bring big $$$. :)

I think someone needs to post this pic to a cache page, so it has a chance to make it on the gc.com front page. :D
Nice photos Dave!

I dunno, something like that caught in the wild and brought into captivity might bring big $$$. :)

I think someone needs to post this pic to a cache page, so it has a chance to make it on the gc.com front page. :D

Hot dang, I knew it, my ship has finally come in! Edited by SD Rowdies
Nice photos Dave!

I would turn around and run if I saw one of those! :D

:lol::):o

I think someone needs to post this pic to a cache page, so it has a chance to make it on the gc.com front page. :o

Good idea Dave! Weren't you the one that spotted this critter? But if you did then you must have the Captain in the passenger seat! :)

Now, I'm not sure, but I think whatcha got there is a fine example of the rare Sandy Creek Antelope! :o

32230526-eb9a-45d2-a537-dce0fa6f02c2.jpg

Nice Harmalope! I feel another "Why I oughta..." coming soon! :lol:

See what you've created Harmon. :o

Harmoloupe huh? Why I oughta ....

No good deed goes unpunished and so those danged Photoshop lessons finally came back to haunt me.

Man-o-man, ain't I ugly? So round, so firm, so fully packed.

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in ....

d5956caa-ff2e-4c4f-a97f-edfb379b35d2.jpg

Honk if you know what and where it is.

HOOOOOOONK!!!!!!!!!

I just knew it would be you.

If I'm not mistaken, that is a picture of the Silversword Plant, an endangered plant that is found in Hawaii, on the upper slopes of Mauna Kea on the Big Island, and also the summit area of Haleakala, Maui. I'm delighted to have seen a silversword while on Maui some years past. The plant, when not in bloom, looks very much like some of my favorite cactus in my home garden. Incidently, after sending up that majestic stalk with dozens of flowers, it dies after blooming just once. BTW, Harmon, did you take that picture? Kathy

This just in ....

HOOOOOOONK!!!!!!!!!

If I'm not mistaken, that is a picture of the Silversword Plant, an endangered plant that is found in Hawaii, on the upper slopes of Mauna Kea on the Big Island, and also the summit area of Haleakala, Maui. I'm delighted to have seen a silversword while on Maui some years past. The plant, when not in bloom, looks very much like some of my favorite cactus in my home garden. Incidently, after sending up that majestic stalk with dozens of flowers, it dies after blooming just once. BTW, Harmon, did you take that picture? Kathy

Yes I did, at the top of Haleakala just this week.

c37bd682-b0aa-4893-a783-d70a346aebd8.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in ....

HOOOOOOONK!!!!!!!!!

Great photos Harmon. We are going to Maui in March, so we could use any tips you might have from your experience there and post some more photos please. Dave

Well, the pictures aren't all that clear, but with increased security since 9-11, you can't get as close as they once allowed. We were lucky enough to be in Florida when the shuttle went up last week. It doesn't look like much in our pics, but it was still pretty cool to see!

bc78dbe8-ba39-4654-ae43-e9063d3bfbac.jpg

Nice shots Cornerstone. If I ever manage get down there during a shuttle launch, I will be able to get on base and get pretty close. Maybe some day. Dave

This just in ....

HOOOOOOONK!!!!!!!!!

Great shot Harmon! My wife and I were there 20 years ago for our Honeymoon. We plan on going back for our 25th anniversary. One of our favroite memories was going on a sailboat ride and seeing Humpback whales swim right next to our boat! :laughing: Anyhow enjoy a Luau while you're there! :blink:

Edited by TrailGators

Maui sampler -

Sunset and Molokai from Kaanapali, Maui with sailboat and outrigger

f78ebcf8-5fed-4d2c-803c-012fbbba95a2.jpg

Hana, Black Sand Beach

1de67fb0-36d8-42ba-81d7-e455f241529b.jpg

Hana, Bamboo Forest ... Dave & Bonnie of Clari-netacache and Sandy of SD Rowdies

By the way, that's not a red-eye artifact because Bonnie's eyes are really like that.

27bfe6bf-c037-48ab-b0cc-f43f32666111.jpg

Hahakulua Chapel

9718c069-53a2-4c93-b6fc-229a2417643f.jpg

Hana, Black Sand Beach lava tube

9cb781a6-8937-44d1-bc34-fb576271ebd0.jpg

Hana, base of 400-ft. Waimoku Falls

3e6157de-42f5-4d60-9c30-0e84d2c59ff2.jpg

At RocketMan's request our modest travel tips will be posted soon on the SD Banter thread. Too many photos to post of course, including several scenic panoramas that must yet be stitched. Great place for photography.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Hana, Bamboo Forest ... Dave & Bonnie of Clari-netacache and Sandy of SD Rowdies

By the way, that's not a red-eye artifact because Bonnie's eyes are really like that.

:laughing::blink:

At RocketMan's request our modest travel tips will be posted soon on the SD Banter thread. Too many photos to post of course, including several scenic panoramas that must yet be stitched. Great place for photography.

Love all the shots and I can't wait for the tips. Thanks Harmon

*** This Just In *** We had another great day up in the Rockies, but winter is coming quick up there. There was snow on all the high peaks and it was cold. Here are a few pics:

Fall Colors

6c422846-4274-4263-8ff3-16fe06762ee9.jpg

44881eb8-b08b-4b11-a4d9-643aeb113470.jpg

RocketMan and Mrs.

c80a6eab-2bda-436b-94cf-85aa41e5ed9d.jpg

Cache in Hand

a43f5c0d-3e9d-4a22-81d3-f7c07f0d41d1.jpg

Cache Parking

37ebc404-aeb4-47e9-aceb-ef7998ebc606.jpg

I posted a few more pics here.

Beyond beautiful Dave and Lisa, but you still should have taken the gig in Arkansas.

*** This Just In *** We had another great day up in the Rockies, but winter is coming quick up there. There was snow on all the high peaks and it was cold.

37ebc404-aeb4-47e9-aceb-ef7998ebc606.jpg

Beyond beautiful Dave and Lisa, but you still should have taken the gig in Arkansas.

Dave, you should have this photo framed and put on your wall! That is an awesome shot! :blink:

Edited by TrailGators

fd3bf6a0-ec43-4f1a-969a-7c1c92256e51.jpg

Honk if you know where these little people are.

I don't know exactly where it is other than Maui............it is definitely somewhere I want to go!!!

-ette :blink:

Janie,

Maybe we can work it in during one of our Wednesday outings but you have to drive the Firebird.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in...

ebab1d50-a53f-401c-b193-ba74a14d4a57.jpg

Honk if you know where this is. :D

For full credit name the nearest cache... :lol::lol:

Beep! Beep! Hope you had fun on the island (did you even leave your .... suite?) :lol:

I'm gunna guess closest cache is Salt Point by InZane Asylum (GCKR1G)...

Close but, that's not it... :P You're on the right island though :huh::huh:

and as for leaving the suite, it was SWEET (huge thanks!! :D:D ) but we did manage to get out to grab a few caches :P:D

~J

This just in...

a3cf6f22-b5f1-4c02-b76b-cc48230a9e3f.jpg

Honk if you know where this is!

Hint: Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl but she doesn't have a lot to say.

(We know for a fact that FlagMan visited a cache not far from here because we found his trademark swag and his sig was in the log book.)

Bloody right! Did you happen to run across the FlagMan TB? I missed it (by my own inattention) by one day...